IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
While much has been said about these supposed young adults leaving town,not volunteering info.I wonder how much of that is them and how much is their parents pulling their strings.It seams JW father got out their quick and got his kid out of town.

I've kept up with a few cases here and there, and let me say this...being labeled a POI changes the whole dynamic of an investigation. Now, this LE may simply mean that these are people they are interested in talking to, but the POIs or their parents may be interpreting it as something different. If I was labeled a POI in a missing person's case, I'd get to the best lawyer I could find, as fast as I could run. Once a POI has hired an attorney, I'm sure the advice would be in the best interest of his client...keep your mouth shut, don't volunteer any information, the cops are not your friends, get back home with your parents, etc...and if somebody is paying an attorney a lot of money, (or even a little money), he'd be a fool to not follow expert advice. It's sad to say, but once somebody has been labeld a POI, that person's focus, involuntarily becomes about protecting himself. He wouldn't know who had been saying what about him, (maybe lying), so it would be hard to trust anybody. Anyway, IMO, I don't blame any of the friends for being defensive or hiring lawyers. MOO.

True it could also be daddys lawyer

If it's "telling," then it tells the reverse, in my mind. If they can't verify the 4:30 AM report (and I believe they've based this on more than just the absence of cam data), that would seem to be an indication that JR has not taken a LD test.

What makes you believe LE is doubting the 4:30am report? Aside from no video.

Although unlikely, I guess I'm open to the possibility that in her condition, she was the victim of a weird accident of some sort, such as falling into an open manhole cover that was replaced afterwards (or something on that order, as in stuck or injured somewhere hidden that she can't/couldn't get out of).

I have the same feeling.... sort of.

trying to catch up.... so i need to know who or what DR is?
oh and i also read on a news site comment (grain of salt) that one of the guys LS was with is 30 years old. does anyone know who that is?

thank you

These "kids" are 21-year old men...if they really wanted to stay and help, they could probably tell mommy and daddy they wanted to stay...

trying to catch up.... so i need to know who or what DR is?
oh and i also read on a news site comment (grain of salt) that one of the guys LS was with is 30 years old. does anyone know who that is?

thank you

DR is a male friend that lives at Smallwood and is part of the early scene that night before Kilroy''s. He is also the owner of the # called from JR's phone at 4:15. JR claims it was LS calling to see if DR had LS' phone.

These "kids" are 21-year old men...if they really wanted to stay and help, they could probably tell mommy and daddy they wanted to stay...

I think my parents would have handled this differently than those here. That being said, while they were paying for my tuition and my living expenses, I did not exactly have the freedom to go against their wishes.

I think my parents would have handled this differently than those here. That being said, while they were paying for my tuition and my living expenses, I did not exactly have the freedom to go against their wishes.

Lots of college kids don't come home for holidays or at other times their parents want them home, when they have something better to do...I remember that pretty clearly from my college days, even though my parents were paying...I know my parents would have wanted me to stay and do what I could and I would have done so anyway. I hate the idea that everyone is so worried about themselves in a situation of life or death for Lauren and her parents...just my feelings.

I think that someone other than her or Rossman are in that video in the alley. Also, I wonder who the other POIs are... they have not been mentioned. 10? and we only know about 4 or 5 POIs. Are those guys scared of the other five? The other confrontation that morning at the apts... who was in it? and what time in the morning? Did boyfriend go over there the next "morning" and confront Rossman? Or was the confrontation the early morning before she came up missing? MOO...

Do we know who the single friend is that has been forthcoming?

And what about JW's roomate saying he never saw JW after 2:30 a.m. that night?
Isn't that when the Smallwood fight happened? Suppose he got angry and went looking for Lauren?

JR and JW, one of them, or both?

There is no video verification of anything after 2:51, including when LS reached CR/MB's, when she left, when she reached JR's, and anything in between. The only thing in that period LE have reported is when she was allegedly last seen.

Right. Police don't have video of her after 2:51 am.
The 4:30 am supposed sighting is based on the witness testimony (I presume JR) only.

I need some help locating a link.. And in posting via mobile it is not so easy to locate specific info.. Mainly because 3G is so much slower than wi-fi..
Within the past 24 hours I came across an article online that stated confirmation that JW had also complied with DNA sample.. If anyone happens to know the article or link would you please post it?.. Meanwhile I'll still be searching for it..

Tia!

I know I read that CR took one, but not JW. I also read from a friend of theirs that the police told JW that he should leave town. Who is the other 5 poi's? I think the police know a lot.

No, we don't know who the friend is. Regarding JW, I don't believe the friend is saying he never saw JW after 2:30 am. He is saying he last saw JW at 2:30 am, which is not the same thing.
If the friend has gone to sleep, or left for his apartment (if he doesn't live at JW's place) for instance, he wouldn't be able to see JW after 2:30 am.

I know I read that CR took one, but not JW. I also read from a friend of theirs that the police told JW that he should leave town. Who is the other 5 poi's? I think the police know a lot.

They may "know a lot" but I don't think they can prove anything. Or find Lauren, unless someone talks.

**I wanted to clarify some dates and details that I personally have wanted to verify..such as how far into investigation did certain names and ppl become involved or aware of their involvement..

June 7- this is when LE show up at Smallwood with the search warrant they were told that they'd need in order to see video surveillance from smallwoods surveillance cams.. They were met with further resistance and were told the person that had the key to the video room was not there, available to let them in.. LE at this point IMO had enough of the BS and forced their way into the video room.. With Smallwood releasing a statement that the man with the key was en route..

So involvement of CR was not even known until this video was reviewed..

June 8-
CR is ided as Laurens companion in video that was also seen gettimg punched in Smallwood lobby.. CR naturally led to his roomate MB being identified and questioned as to the nights events..

June 9-
Jay Rosenbaum is the. Identified as a neighbor 2 doors down from CR/mb.. With their story being that Rossman passed out in bed.. Lauren was then seen leaving by roomie MB to go two doors down to neighbor JR..

That is June 9 when Jay Rosenbaum was first relayed as having involvement in Laurens night..

With the only two dates I can find that it states JR left as being the day of(meaning later on June 3).. And in yesterday's thread it was quoted that he left as late as June 8 to go back home..

Either way by the time LE got to the point in the investigation where they were aware of JR's involvement he would have been long gone either way..

I believe LE has either spoke to JR via phone conference thru his ATTY or possibly not at all directly spoken with LE but rather just thru his ATTY has he communicated his statement of the nights events..

Regardless of that specific issue one thing is for absolute certain.. JR has not been question multiple times in order for LE to even begin to see if his "story" holds up or whether it would quickly begin to become a mess with inconsistencies and contradictions.. JR unable to keep all of his lies straight.. Just as what happens in Many instances when a person is lying.. Lying is much more difficult to keep straight and consistent each time you tell the sequence of events in question as they happened.. Where as the truth is the truth is the truth.. Period..

My feeling is that until LE is able to get past this high powered ATTY and have access to JR, JR's vehicle, phone records, bank records, etc, etc..
Then this case could literally go On forever.. So what does LE need in order to be able to successfully receive access to the items thru SW.. Does anyone know exactly what will be needed for LE to be granted access to the type things regarding JR thru search warrants?? What will it take to get that?? *

Cuz I fear we may be at a dead end stand still until that happens? KWIM?

Link for dates and info:
http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laur...eirers-disappearance-20110617,0,4164052.story

Isn't that when the Smallwood fight happened? Suppose he got angry and went looking for Lauren?

JR and JW, one of them, or both?

This is so ridiculous. I dont understand why anyone would imply that JW may be involved, when there is nothing to suggest so. There is no documented link between him and LS that night, and the only thing we know is that he alerted the parents of LS next day that she was missing and looked for her. I understand that this is just an opinion board and one could have theories, but they should have some logical basis.

If one of these college kids tried to dump a body, more than likely it would have been in a garbage container of some sort.
I have a hard time believing any of them would have discarded of her in a rural area.

The other possibility is in a vehicle, but I don't think everyone of interest has had their vehicles thoroughly investigated.

There is no video verification of anything after 2:51, including when LS reached CR/MB's, when she left, when she reached JR's, and anything in between. The only thing in that period LE have reported is when she was allegedly last seen.

How do you know that? How do you know LE doesn't have video past 2:51? Is it impossible that they've kept such information from the public? Not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500