Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 1 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has pretty much fallen off the grid, just become a ghost,” said Lt. Mike Risko, of the Michigan State Police. “It’s like she’s vanished off the face of the earth. We have had zero tips as to her whereabouts ... We’re going to remain hopeful, but I’ve been in this business 32 years and obviously it’s not looking good.”

Police initially said they believed Stewart’s estranged husband, Douglas, abducted her between 7:10 and 8:30 a.m. Monday outside her parent’s home in the 55000 block of Driftwood Drive in Colon Township. Risko said Douglas Stewart, whom police were able to contact by phone late Monday night in Newport News, Va., where he resides, is a “person of interest” in his wife’s disappearance.

Douglas Stewart declined to comment Wednesday when contacted by the Kalamazoo Gazette and directed questions to his attorney, Jeff Schroder, of Hettinger & Hettinger in Portage. The Gazette was unable to reach Schroder.

(snipped)

Risko said police are continuing to ask for assistance from anyone who may have seen Venus Stewart or a silver mercury sedan with Virginia license plate XNP1453 or silver Dodge Ram pickup truck with Virginia license plate XNP1301. Both vehicles are registered to Douglas Stewart, the lieutenant said, and police had yet to find either as of Wednesday.

Risko also confirmed that, as of Wednesday afternoon, Douglas Stewart was the only person of interest in Venus Stewart’s disappearance.

“This is not what her normal habit would be,” he said. “We do not believe she left of her own free will and so far nothing that we’ve turned up has changed that opinion ... What we’re doing now is turning over every stone we can.”

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/04/michigan_state_police_remain_h.html

Michigan State Police remain hopeful but concern grows over missing St. Joseph County woman, Venus Stewart

But each passing day heightens fears that the 32-year-old St. Joseph County woman who investigators say was abducted early Monday won’t return.
We have had zero tips as to her whereabouts ... We’re going to remain hopeful, but I’ve been in this business 32 years and obviously it’s not looking good.”

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/04/michigan_state_police_remain_h.html

Wouldnt her slippers have fallen off if she were dragging her heels? I suppose he could have went back for them.

There are very few that could have done this considering she was taken from her parent's home. I wonder if someone was hired to do it?

Hasnt logged in since 10/08. I posted his FB page earlier, but it only has a picture and 5 friends.

I am suprised they haven't looked for local business with cameras that might have caught his vehicle. I think there are also traffic cameras down there, but I am not sure where.

He said he immediately noticed what looked like the remnants of a scuffle in the gravel of his otherwise-perfect yard.

"You can see where there's a footprint or two," McComb said. "And my daughter's footprint was up on the tank here.
"
So, they figure he parked his car there, snuck behind the woodpile, and when she came out to put the mail in the mailbox, he grabbed her. She didn't make it to the house."

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Missing-mom-wouldnt-leave-on-her-own

Sounds like they might have a footprint of the perp.

Does anyone know the exact address of her parent's home so we can see the layout (map) of the area where she was abducted from?

I have it as 55000 Driftwood Dr Colon twnship Michigan

Search Continues For Missing Colon Township Woman

Thursday, April 29, 2010

(COLON TOWNSHIP) - Michigan State Police continue to investigate the possible abduction of a woman from Colon Township on Monday. 32-year-old Venus Rose Stewart may have been abducted from her parents' home on Driftwood Drive on Monday morning. Lt. Michael Risko at the White Pigeon Post says there was evidence of a struggle in the yard and that Stewart was only wearing pajamas. Other items, including those belonging to her children, were left behind. Troopers thought Stewart may be in the company of 29-year-old Douglas Stewart. Douglas Stewart has since been located, reportedly in Virginia. Risko says although Douglas Stewart is a person of interest in the case, he is not currently in police custody. Anyone with information in the case is asked to call the Michigan State Police.

http://www.wlki.com/news.php

Was the mother or anyone at home when she went out to mail the letter. Did anyone her her scream. How close are the houses. The person who abducted her would have had to place his hand over her mouth, other wise I am sure she would have screamed.

Was the mother or anyone at home when she went out to mail the letter. Did anyone her her scream. How close are the houses. The person who abducted her would have had to place his hand over her mouth, other wise I am sure she would have screamed.

I read in the above articles that the mother went to work at 6am, the father and children were inside the house sleeping.

I would like to know more info on the cars? Who had them, were they in Virginia or Michigan? IMO

I read in the above articles that the mother went to work at 6am, the father and children were inside the house sleeping.

I would like to know more info on the cars? Who had them, were they in Virginia or Michigan? IMO

Risko said police are continuing to ask for assistance from anyone who may have seen Venus Stewart or a silver mercury sedan with Virginia license plate XNP1453 or silver Dodge Ram pickup truck with Virginia license plate XNP1301. Both vehicles are registered to Douglas Stewart, the lieutenant said, and police had yet to find either as of Wednesday.

They haven't found the cars.

Does anyone know the exact address of her parent's home so we can see the layout (map) of the area where she was abducted from?

You can get the parents' names from the link in post #28, then you can go to zabasearch to find the address. I'm hesitant to post the exact address here, if the police have deliberately just stated the block the house is on.

They haven't found the cars.

I know but what state are the cars supposed to be in to begin with? Did Venus have them in Mich. or did Doug have them in Virgina? Meaning, are both cars missing from Venus' parents house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get