Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 1 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know but what state are the cars supposed to be in to begin with? Did Venus have them in Mich. or did Doug have them in Virgina? Meaning, are both cars missing from Venus' parents house?

I imagine they are both missing from VA. Since none of the reports have said her and her car were missing.

jmo

So they have found Doug but he's not saying where is vehicles are or if they're missing? Not good. IMO

OK here we go again. Extremely obvious he had something to do with this. I am tired all these missing women/Mothers! Susan Powell, Stacy Peterson, Lisa Stebic and the list goes on and on.

I do wonder how they have narrowed the timeline down to between 7:10 and 8:30. Her mother left for work at 6, and her father and children were asleep at the time she is believed to be abducted. I wonder how they can account for her from 6 to 7:10, has anyone seen any clarification of how they were able to centralize the time of abduction, phone calls or texts possibly. There really haven't been any updates since yesterday. Unfortunately I think I know how this will end, I feel so sorry for her children.

There are very few that could have done this considering she was taken from her parent's home. I wonder if someone was hired to do it?

Who's to say that the ex loaned his car for someone else to grab her and bring her to another location closer to Virginia? Maybe that's why they can't locate his other vehicle. It's probably loaded with evidence...just my :twocents:

I'm praying that they find her safe and sound.

I'm not willing to accept the husband's account at face value. It's not unheard of for abusers to malign their victim - making the victim appear abusive themselves, mentally unstable, suicidal, drug dependant, etc. Often, an abuser will use these tactics to maintain control, e.g. custody of the children.

I agree though, these poor little ones...I'll keep praying.

I don't know about his account of her threatening him, but she was arrested for assaulting him (per the above link), so there seems to be a history of both being violent. What I find interesting is that it appears he had custody of the children. That's very unusual, and makes me wonder what was happening to cause a judge to award the father custody. Regardless, the kids are caught in the middle :(

There are very few that could have done this considering she was taken from her parent's home. I wonder if someone was hired to do it?

That is pretty bold. IMO that means someone who knows when the parents would be awake, at work, etc.

Since they have named him a POI and he has lawyer'd up, I doubt he is talking. jmo

I wouldn't read too much into him retaining a lawyer. That's the smart thing to do whether he's involved or not.

douglas-h-stewart-d636874ac99f31c8.jpg

Douglas Stewart, whom police were able to contact by phone late Monday night in Newport News, Va., where he resides, is a “person of interest” in his wife’s disappearance.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/04/michigan_state_police_remain_h.html

http://media.mlive.com/kzgazette_impact/photo/douglas-h-stewart-d636874ac99f31c8.jpg

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/04/michigan_state_police_remain_h.html

By Rex Hall Jr. | Kalamazoo Gazette
April 29, 2010, 12:21AM

COLON TOWNSHIP — Police say they remain hopeful Venus Rose Stewart will be found alive.

But each passing day heightens fears that the 32-year-old St. Joseph County woman who investigators say was abducted early Monday won’t return.

“She has pretty much fallen off the grid, just become a ghost,” said Lt. Mike Risko, of the Michigan State Police. “It’s like she’s vanished off the face of the earth. We have had zero tips as to her whereabouts ... We’re going to remain hopeful, but I’ve been in this business 32 years and obviously it’s not looking good.”

Well, here's what I'm thinking. If the husband did it, he's not going to want to get caught -- he's going to want to get his hands on the kids eventually. So I'm guessing that if he killed her, he's not going to bring the body back to Virginia. In fact, he's not going to leave her anywhere NEAR Virginia -- he's going to leave her in Michigan, probably close to her parents' house. They live right on the St. Joe River. The river should be checked near all bridges. He would be in a hurry, and would likely dump her in water.

Since it was daytime, he might be worried about being seen, so it would be a good idea to check all the fishing areas/parks on the nearby Sturgeon Lake, too.

I really don't get the issue of the cars, though. Maybe she was in one of them, and he's no dummy, and knows there's forensics in there. But he's not going to turn over his one car and not the other -- looks suspicious. So he's got them both stashed somewhere. What his excuse to police is for losing track of two cars is, I can't imagine.

Of course, it's possible there's just a lot of stuff going on that's not being reported -- maybe he's turned over the cars, maybe they haven't even asked him about them.

venus-r-stewart-a9d914645c2ad938_medium.jpg

Police searching wooded area in St. Joseph County for clues in abduction of Venus Rose Stewart

Police investigating the abduction of a St. Joseph County woman are searching a wooded area about a mile from where she was last seen, authorities said Friday

Michigan State Police troopers and sheriff’s deputies began searching near Adams Lake and Oak Leaf Trail after receiving a tip in the disappearance of Venus Rose Stewart, 32, State Police Lt. Mike Risko said.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/04/poilce_searching_wooded_area_i.html

Risko said the tip that police acted on Friday was information that a person saw a man near the shoreline of Adams Lake within the time frame that Venus Stewart is believed to have been taken.

“It’s one of the few tips we’ve got so we’re going to act on it,” Risko said. “At this stage of the game, I don’t think we can let anything slide.”

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/04/poilce_searching_wooded_area_i.html

No description of the man... I can't find any other articles on the search, either.

But how would he know that she would go out to mail a letter and be alone, I wonder? It almost seems like a crime of opportunity, in that way...and I too am wondering about why he got custody there for a while...it does sound like a horribly mutually abusive relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500