George Makes Debut As Kidfinder's Spokesman

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Please. Do not solicit funds on the board. I know intentions are typically honorable, but this is not the place to do it.
If you do have a cause that you would like to bring to the forefront and possibly get support from Websleuths, please contact Tricia first.

I think George is conning the public or at least he thinks he is. I think this is all about money he likes being on the stage and talking (imo without saying much) but how is that really helping people find thier children. He is trying to portray himself as a hero superman that will sweep in and find missing children but what skills does he have. IMO he needs to leave that up to LE who are the real HEROS, after all he did nothing to find his own grandaughter who needed him he could have been Caylee's hero if he wanted to and forced KC's hand more than he did.

This is my first post so forgive me if it isn't written right. I have been following this case and reading WS for many months, thanks to my friend sea urchin telling me about WS. I feel bad for George and am concerned about his mental heatlh, however being a spokesperson for finding children is not the right thing to do IMO. First if ga and ca had spent more time trying to find caylee instead of being so angry and threatening to those that were looking for Caylee, they might have credibility in finding children. I don't think they know how to look as they didn't look for Caylee, many others did, but all they did was to chase what "sightings" were reported. We now know Caylee was already gone so these sightings were false. GA needs to find something else to get involved in like convincing his daughter that it is time to tell the truth. I believe the family knows the truth but it is choking them to the point that they can't speak the truth. All of this is MOO. Thanks

If George really needs to help others to heal himself, perhaps he should start a support group for parents with children that are cold hearted killers.

If George really needs to help others to heal himself, perhaps he should start a support group for parents with children that are cold hearted killers.

Exactly....

This is my first post so forgive me if it isn't written right. I have been following this case and reading WS for many months, thanks to my friend sea urchin telling me about WS. I feel bad for George and am concerned about his mental heatlh, however being a spokesperson for finding children is not the right thing to do IMO. First if ga and ca had spent more time trying to find caylee instead of being so angry and threatening to those that were looking for Caylee, they might have credibility in finding children. I don't think they know how to look as they didn't look for Caylee, many others did, but all they did was to chase what "sightings" were reported. We now know Caylee was already gone so these sightings were false. GA needs to find something else to get involved in like convincing his daughter that it is time to tell the truth. I believe the family knows the truth but it is choking them to the point that they can't speak the truth. All of this is MOO. Thanks

Great first post acadia and i couldn't agree with you more:clap:

Welcome.
I agree with what you say.

Even though CMA was out of GA contol, he must have some ability to get information from her? He must know some of the "buttons to push". He should have made more of an effort to get some information out of CMA. It is unbelievable that the hapless, hopless family, especially GA failed to get any useful information out of CMA when they had her home on bail! GA is often hailed as the best of the Anthony bunch, but that, IMO, puts even more responsibility on him for failing to get the monster to cough up information. His darling Grandaughter was just down the road in a sack. Rotting!

GA still has to come home at night to answer to a higher power, CA. There is no other place to go. Imagine him trying to get info out of KC while she was out on bail with CA standing right there. Not going to happen...not in a million years. To him it's something is better than nothing. It is like a person in an abusive relationship that keeps going back and you keep scratching your head and asking, Why????

I have scratched my head repeatedly, and asked myself if someone with LE experience can truly be so ignorant that they fall for the Nigerian email scam <respectfully snipped>

THANK YOU! I've often wondered the same thing about George and frankly think it's a blessing to Ohio LE that he hung up his badge all those years ago.

I think George is conning the public or at least he thinks he is. I think this is all about money he likes being on the stage and talking (imo without saying much) but how is that really helping people find thier children. He is trying to portray himself as a hero superman that will sweep in and find missing children but what skills does he have. IMO he needs to leave that up to LE who are the real HEROS, after all he did nothing to find his own grandaughter who needed him he could have been Caylee's hero if he wanted to and forced KC's hand more than he did.

i guess he has as much experience finding kids as kid finders who have NEVER found a kid. I think george needs a job and is trying to spin this whole tragedy into an easy well paying job. They feel they are celebritys and seem to enjoy it so any way they can stay in the public eye and on tv they will try. At the moment he is more likeable to the public so hes on tv noramlly you would expect cindy to be right next to him and doing all the talking but shes to hated right now. Soon she will be right by his side on her new mission to save children. Does anyone want goerges help ? or is he just showing up to get on tv again and try to get sympathy for casey because no one wants to attack a man who was recently suicidal ??

I think GA really feels that helping missing children is his calling. It's his way of bringing something good out of losing the love of his life. There's nothing wrong with that. GA, speaking at Caylee's memorial, says:

"I’ve talked a lot about Caylee to many, many of you at our command center that we had, I miss that command center. But you know something, the command center needed to close at one time, and that was hard for me and it still is hard for me to drive by different places where we had our tent, our gray building where we held t shirts buttons wristbands and banners of not only of Caylee, but of other missing children. There are people here today that are family united and what that family united are: they’re missing their children right now and if there’s anything at all that any of us can ever do is to look for these children! There’s children out there that are missing, that need to be brought home, no matter what, no matter what."

His good intentions are being taken advantage of by KFN. The news of little Haleigh came out on the day of Caylee's memorial. KFN and, in particular, DM pounced on the opportunity to arrive on the scene and solicit donations. They knew GA would bring media attention and, hopefully, a lot of money. GA needs to step back and disassociate himself with this "network". That's the only way he'll be able to give of himself and help missing children in a truly honorable way. If he doesn't, he's setting himself up for heartbreak.

he misses the command center ?? I find that very odd. it should have been an extremly stressful sad place to ever have to be .he was there because his grandaughter was missing !!! I think hemisses it because they got lots of attention and hes just an unemployed guy and this gave hm a sense of importance. They all seem to be trying to make carreres for themselves out of this tragedy. This was a grandaughter not there own daughter yet they have still ot gone back to work after all these months. Most parents who have lost a child or loved one have no choice but to go back to work they cant sit home and tryo to spin thier loss into a money making job for themselves. They are not celebritys as they seem to think they are.

If that were the case, and I have no idea if ANY money was collected, but if so, exactly what keeps KFN from dipping into any donations before they ever get to Haleigh's dad or any other family for whom they "collect" ?

Nothing.

Read this:
http://www.wpbf.com/news/18019447/detail.html?rss=wpb&psp=news

If that is true, then why should anyone donate to KFN on behalf of any family? Why would George align himself with KFN? He's supposed to be an ex-cop. Didn't he check ANYTHING out about these people? Come on. He's sticking with KFN for a reason. What is it?

Because that organization supported their delusion that Caylee was not dead, but rather, was abducted by someone outside the family. They really needed to believe that, but, IMO, any reputable organization would have gently pointed them to facing the truth, like TES did. I saw Tim on video hugging the Anthonys and giving his total support in that lovely way of his, but he also acted logically and reasonably to actually find Caylee, regardless of the fact that in meaningfully searching for her, it was necessary to accept that she was dead and that "mommy" killed her.
The Anthonys did not appreciate that because it was too painful to accept. Kidfinders knew they could capitalize on the delusion and possibly gain donations by supporting the Anthony's mistaken theories and in doing so, getting the Anthonys to be spokespeople for their questionable organization.
It's a huge shame. But, when people are in pain and at their most vulnerable, it is very common for some to scuttle out of the dark to take advantage of that. This is all just my opinion, based on what I have observed.

he misses the command center ?? I find that very odd. it should have been an extremly stressful sad place to ever have to be .he was there because his grandaughter was missing !!! I think hemisses it because they got lots of attention and hes just an unemployed guy and this gave hm a sense of importance. They all seem to be trying to make carreres for themselves out of this tragedy. This was a grandaughter not there own daughter yet they have still ot gone back to work after all these months. Most parents who have lost a child or loved one have no choice but to go back to work they cant sit home and tryo to spin thier loss into a money making job for themselves. They are not celebritys as they seem to think they are.

My assumption on his sentence is that if he still had a command center to go to, there would 'still be hope' for Caylee in his mind & heart. She wouldn't be 'dead', just missing...

I dunno :waitasec:

I watched George's press conference at the command post for Haleigh's disappearance, and his appearance on Geraldo last night.

George and Cindy made a major error in judgment by getting involved with the Kid Finders Network, a group that was founded by a man who has a criminal history, a group that has never found a missing child, and whose fund-raising activities are dubious at best.

I was very disappointed to see George going to the command post for Haleigh Cummings and acting as spokesman for Kid Finders Network, offering a rolling billboard, flyers, and asking for donations for the family. Dennis M was lurking in the background.

I can't help but feel that Dennis M and his wife are taking advantage of the notoriety of the Anthony case to promote their organization. They're putting George out there as spokesperson in hope that will attract the public's attention, and somehow give their group legitimacy.

It was later reported that George and Kid Finders Network were asked to leave.

George appeared on Geraldo on Sunday night, but not without his attorney, BC, at his side. Geraldo asked George if he regretted cooperating with authorities in his granddaughter's disappearance, when it appears his cooperation may have helped in the prosecution of his daughter. George deferred to BC to answer that question, and BC's answer was diplomatic, not answering the question directly.

Caylee was never missing. That was a ruse begun by Casey and perpetuated by the Anthony family. Kid Finders Network latched onto the Anthony family to promote their own organization. They sold tee-shirts, buttons, and collected donations from people under the banner of "help find Caylee", but never actually made any effort to find her. I'd like to know how much KFN profitted from Caylee's death.

I'd like to see George (and Cindy) divorce themselves from the Kid Finders Network, get the counseling they need to deal with the situation they're in, and then in the future, if they're motivated to do so, get involved with a legitimate group.

I watched George's press conference at the command post for Haleigh's disappearance, and his appearance on Geraldo last night.

George and Cindy made a major error in judgment by getting involved with the Kid Finders Network, a group that was founded by a man who has a criminal history, a group that has never found a missing child, and whose fund-raising activities are dubious at best.

I was very disappointed to see George going to the command post for Haleigh Cummings and acting as spokesman for Kid Finders Network, offering a rolling billboard, flyers, and asking for donations for the family. Dennis M was lurking in the background.

I can't help but feel that Dennis M and his wife are taking advantage of the notoriety of the Anthony case to promote their organization. They're putting George out there as spokesperson in hope that will attract the public's attention, and somehow give their group legitimacy.

George appeared on Geraldo on Sunday night, but not without his attorney, BC, at his side. Geraldo asked George if he regretted cooperating with authorities in his granddaughter's disappearance, when it appears his cooperation may have helped in the prosecution of his daughter. George deferred to BC to answer that question, and BC's answer was diplomatic, not answering the question directly.

Caylee was never missing. That was a ruse begun by Casey and perpetuated by the Anthony family. Kid Finders Network latched onto the Anthony family to promote their own organization. They sold tee-shirts, buttons, and collected donations from people under the banner of "help find Caylee", but never actually made any effort to find her. I'd like to know how much KFN profitted from Caylee's death.

I'd like to see George (and Cindy) divorce themselves from the Kid Finders Network, get the counseling they need to deal with the situation they're in, and then in the future, if they're motivated to do so, get involved with a legitimate group.

ITA, You've got it down Leila! Good post.

Bolded by me. I agree with what you have said except I do not believe, in my opinion that it was an error in judgment. I feel he knows all about the Milsteads. And also, I do not believe the Milsteads are taking advantage of GA. It has been stated throughout this thread that he is being used and it is a shame in his condition. I believe he did and does know exactly what he is involved with and it is by his choice...not manipulation. IMO.

I think George misses the command center because people were nice to him there. After what we have heard about how he was treated within his own home ("Job Finding for Dummies"), he probably ate the kindness up with a spoon! However, there is a larger point here, as you mentioned, and now, he has no job, no signs to pull behind his car, no more meetings with LE and even the media attention has dropped off dramatically. What's a guy to do? Employment will be difficult to find for George because of the perception of his "mistruths" and lack of judgement. I am not sure many businesses owners would place much confidence in someone who appears to be so whipped.
I could see a parent/grandparent who has suffered the loss of a child wanting to participate in efforts to bring awareness or assist others who may be going through the same thing, but I would think that would come at a point later than the day of said childs memorial/funeral.
MOO

Do you think once Casey get life in prison and this
is over George will go into looking for missing children ect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelbyrose
Back