MI MI - Ronald & Christine Jabalee, both 58, New Baltimore, 6 Oct 2006

Would that make the son Jabalee Jr.? I've always thought that's what the message said. Jr. Jbale with the a and b combined together due to the broken fingers.

Interesting idea txsvicki, could be. Knox, I heard about the killer and the hose placed back in it's place on the recent AMW show. They had a few facts I hadn't seen eslewhere.

Thanks Colette ... I agree it would make sense. I found the son's online testimony halting ... But you never know if it due to stress/loss or guilt. Did not see the reference to the hose, but would make sense if it was the son. Can not wait to hear more details in this case. Rare that we have the details provided by the victim... more than sad !!!!!!!!!!!

What online tetimony ?
Where can this be found ?

I hadn't watched the below AMW video's with Ron Jaberle before. He talks alot about his business, that his mom worked for him, dad was his supplier, etc. But if I understand correctly, the business was owned by the mom and dad, right?

He comes off very flat and very Scott Peterson-ish in this interview.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/video_photos.cfm?id=47320

ETA: he also explains who found out what when etc.

"IF" the son was involved it would make sense. Whomever killed them was comfortable enough to stay around and clean up, even replaced the water hose to it's place in the garage. Also there were the cookies that the Mrs. Jabalee was bringing into the garage.... so sad.

The cookies made me very sad. It's the kind of thing I'd do for my kids no matter how grown up they were.

The cookies made me very sad. It's the kind of thing I'd do for my kids no matter how grown up they were.

Yes, I am the same way SuziQ. We love our kids...

The mom bringing out cookies, with love... didn't expect to be murdered, so sad.

I hadn't watched the below AMW video's with Ron Jaberle before. He talks alot about his business, that his mom worked for him, dad was his supplier, etc. But if I understand correctly, the business was owned by the mom and dad, right?

He comes off very flat and very Scott Peterson-ish in this interview.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/video_photos.cfm?id=47320

ETA: he also explains who found out what when etc.

The business was not owned by the parents at anytime
Also,there is alot of inncorrect info in the media,and info that has not been reported,but should be

Also,there is alot of inncorrect info in the media,and info that has not been reported,but should be

Thank you Lost, I thought I had read that the son owned the business, Dad was just his supplier. Could you share with us what has been incorrectly reported? My heart goes out to the family members, I'm sure today the loss they suffered is felt deeply.

Any clarification on this case would be greatly appreciated.

And welcome to WS!

I have been reading this website for awhile looking for clues,a welcome is not neccessary but thank you

Here are few things that should have been reported-
Reports say nothing was missing,this is not true-

According to the Crime Scene Investigation Reports Mr. Jabalee's front pocket was inside out,money missing

Also,there were many more injuries than reported in papers and T.V.

Both of them were hit on the head 7-9 times
Both of them were stabbed 5 times
Both of their throats were cut
Both of them had 10-15 defensive wounds

From America's Most wanted: The entire family makes their living in the food industry, Ron Sr. in the sales department at Sherwood Foods, and the rest of the family at "RJ's Meats," eldest son Ron's store in downtown Detroit. .........

On Friday nights, Ron always called his son to see how closing at the store went. But on October 6, he didn't call.

The next morning, when neither Ron nor Christine arrived at the store for work, all three children began to panic.

More from America's Most Wanted.... Police soon discovered that there was very little out of place in the Jabalees' home. In fact, the only things that were missing out of the house were two knives out of the butcher block in the kitchen. Police think that the missing knives were the murder weapons......

More from AMW....
One motive that has been ruled out is robbery: Ron and Christine were both wearing all of their jewelry, and Ron's wallet was found in his pocket.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=47320

Robbery has been ruled out and they think the killer was known to the couple. I would say the killer beat the couple, then went back into the kitchen for knives to make sure they were dead by cutting their throats.

Welcome lost, how do you know the information from AMW isn't true? Thanks in advance.

Also, There were 12 phonecalls to Mr Jabalee's work phone at Sherwood on Thurs. and Friday (10-05,10-06),he did not answer or respond to them-

The Police were unable to trace the calls (very strange)

Thank you Lost. I am very sorry for the loss of your loved family member. It is so sad they had to die like they did and I hope they find the killer very soon.

What do you think of the police taking the computers? That is strange that the police were not able to find who called Mr Jabalee's phone, if he had caller ID that would show up.

Also, There were 12 phonecalls to Mr Jabalee's work phone at Sherwood on Thurs. and Friday (10-05,10-06),he did not answer or respond to them-

I am so sorry for the loss you and your family have suffered. I really appreciate the info you have provided.

I'm assuming the work phone was physically in an office at Sherwood? And did Mr. Jabalee go into the office on Thurs. and Friday?

One last thing, who would Mrs. Jabalee, upon hearing a new voice in the garage, have taken cookies out to? Or was she the type to do that for anyone?

Thinking ... the incoming calls show up on caller ID and they know he chose to ingore (not answer) or call that number back? That would indicate he was avoiding someone or at least knew who the caller was. As a salesman who probably works off of a comission, I can't imagine he would ignore a call 12 times. This gives us a new perspective ... Did Mr. Jalabee have a car for sale at the time of the murders? It was mentioned he had a love of old cars, thinking out loud. Are there more details on "why" the police could not trace the calls?

What about Mr. Jalabee's brother, is there some suspicion of involvement with him, either directly or indirectly? Again just thinking out loud not blaming.

Lost,

Welcome.png
to Websleuths! I am sooooooo sorry for your loss!

Thank you for joining WS. My prayer is that the devoted and compassionate members here can help solve this horrible crime. I have a friend here who has rec'd an enormous amount of support by being a member. (Her missing daughter and gdaughter are showcased in my signature line). I pray you also meet some wonderful friends and receive the same support - and I'm sure you will!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back