GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back at the Barristers Hall website, http://www.barristershall.com/ "free wireless internet, on-site laundry, one-bedroom apartments with large studies.........with gas and water included."

On the issue of gas and water included, that probably means they are not individually metered. The police may be able to tell if there was an unusual spike in water (or in gas if a gas hot water heater was involved) for the whole complex though.

It also says there is on-site laundry. I'm guessing that means a laundry room where the killer may have used the units to clean up the mess if he/she didn't just throw the clothes out.

Free wireless internet probably means they share a wireless router(s). Any internet activity would be recorded on those devices. I wonder if they were any searches by anyone in the complex that would be suspicious? Also, if you look at the law school website, they also have wireless internet. I don't know if they have to log-in there but it is a possibility.

The email from LG bothers me because it doesn't seem like she wouldn't have called someone. However, if we assume that the killer sent the email, does that make any more sense? You've just killed someone (he/she couldn't have had time to dispose of the body and clean up before 10:30pm since we know she was alive at 6:30pm per the Zaxby's camera). Would you risk someone being sent immediately over to the apartment by sending out an email like that?

Is it possible that the murderer was aware of the Edna Blaine case from 1997 and intentionally left the torso where it would be found? To throw LE off?

I just ran across this passage from :

"One thing the mother of this missing, murdered student found peculiar was her daughter's growing interest in religion before she disappeared. The woman found out her daughter, who was always a devout catholic, had been attending daily mass. Her mother finds this unusual."

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979609104

I find it to be of interest that her Mom's ears are pricked up at the idea that her daughter was attending daily mass. Makes one wonder what was going on in her life that she'd suddenly develop an interest like that. St. Joseph's (where she attended)has daily mass at 8am, Monday-Friday. Granted, I don't know what source the author cites as insight into the mind of Mrs. Giddings, but I do find this detail to be interesting.

I do not have anything to contribute to this highly unusual case...just that I have been reading all of the posts and keep waiting/hoping for news of charges being brought against someone. I can't even fathom a guess as to who did this and what went on before and after the murder..."(

Regarding the email that was sent from Lauren's computer to a friend in Atlanta at 10:30 on June 25:

As I have stated in my previous THEORY post, I believe the email was sent by the murderer after Lauren was killed on Saturday night, June 25. One of my Macon friends knew Lauren very well. They socialized together. In fact, on Friday night, June 24, the night prior to her murder, the two of them were hanging out together at a local bar in downtown Macon. Lauren was very upbeat and having a great time as she always did. She never mentioned one word about being afraid or that someone had attempted to break into her apartment the night before which was Thursday, June 23.

In reply to SurfieTX:

The murderer had several days to dismember and dispose of the body parts. After that, he had the torso to deal with. The trash pick up was scheduled for Thursday morning. Had the trash been picked up as he had planned, we would be reading a missing person report and not awaiting a homicide forensic report from the FBI labs.

In case you are interested: you can read my THEORY on page 15, Post #354.

Regarding the email that was sent from Lauren's computer to a friend in Atlanta at 10:30 on June 25:

As I have stated in my previous THEORY post, I believe the email was sent by the murderer after Lauren was killed on Saturday night, June 25. One of my Macon friends knew Lauren very well. They socialized together. In fact, on Friday night, June 24, the night prior to her murder, the two of them were hanging out together at a local bar in downtown Macon. Lauren was very upbeat and having a great time as she always did. She never mentioned one word about being afraid or that someone had attempted to break into her apartment the night before which was Thursday, June 23.

In reply to SurfieTX:

The murderer had several days to dismember and dispose of the body parts. After that, he had the torso to deal with. The trash pick up was scheduled for Thursday morning. Had the trash been picked up as he had planned, we would be reading a missing person report and not awaiting a homicide forensic report from the FBI labs.

Excellent post, Sandstorm!

I have one of these. Made by a company called US Patrol - ordered online from Bed, Bath & Beyond. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=16098515&RN=1031
9352216098515P.JPG

It's pretty sturdy (they have it angled the wrong way in the picture, you adjust it so it's more directly from door and really wedge it under door knob. I asked 2 200 lb guys try to rush the door and nothing budged - but that's with metal door frame - wood would probably split.

I can see Lauren as being the type who would use that and maybe even have ordered the same one - easy when you're busy - I found it while browsing for stuff for new apt. I dont turn the "alarm on", but it slides down to be small enough to fit in carry-on luggage size....I take it along if I'm not totally comfortable where I'm sleeping (rare, but nice to have). Not endorsing, but I really like having it.
Thanks for posting this. I am apartment-hunting right now, so that is a very useful product for me to know about.

I was sorry to read of Lauren's case on CNN today.

I am trying to get caught up in the case, and haven't seen this anywhere.

Was Lauren's dog Butterbean found at her apartment, or is it missing?

In reply to SurfieTX:

Hi Sandstorm! I can't remember...was it confirmed that the torso was found in the trash as opposed to just laying out? Thanks in advance :)

Why aren't there any updates today from MSM?! I want to know if they have results from Quantico!! Grrrrrrrr...I'm so impatient.

I thought the email about someone trying to break in was for the night before she disappeared. If she were out with friends on the 24th, it may have after she returned home. Or it could have been during the day of the 25th. I haven't heard that it specified the 23rd as the date of the attempted break in.

Also, Butterbean is supposedly with her parents. It appears Butterbean was with her family before she disappeared. I can only guess she left her dog with her parents when she went home for the wedding. After all, she was about to be moving, and a little dog might be difficult to lug around while packing and moving furniture and boxes.

CORRECTION: I found a link stating the attempted break in was the week before.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/07/lauren-giddings-dead-merc_n_892595.html
A friend reported Giddings missing to police the evening of June 29. Officers found her keys, her cell phone and her wallet inside her apartment, and no sign of a break-in or struggle. They also found an email she had sent her boyfriend, an Atlanta lawyer, saying she feared someone had tried to break into her apartment the week before, said police spokeswoman Jami Gaudet.

I was sorry to read of Lauren's case on CNN today.

I am trying to get caught up in the case, and haven't seen this anywhere.

Was Lauren's dog Butterbean found at her apartment, or is it missing?

Butterbean was with her parents in MD, it's been confirmed by someone somewhere in this thread.

Thanks for posting this. I am apartment-hunting right now, so that is a very useful product for me to know about.

You are welcome, my dear. I can't believe I haven't thought of posting this before. I am going to also put a link of it on RealWorldGirls.org's facebook page so if you/others want a link you won't have to search for it =)

I sleep very soundly and without worry with this bar - glad it's affordable too! Happy it may help you or someone you know...or any WSer =)

Hi Sandstorm! I can't remember...was it confirmed that the torso was found in the trash as opposed to just laying out? Thanks in advance :)

SaMy, It has not been confirmed that the torso was in the trash can. That is only part of my theory.
I should have specified that.
Sorry.
If you look at the photo of the apartment, you can see that the trash cans are directly beside Lauren's end of the building.
IF the murderer did not put the torso in the trash can, then he had to walk past them to get to the wooded area.
It is possible the wooded area is where the torso was found.
Why would he use the woods/bushes rather than the trash can?
Only if he were in a hurry and planned to dispose of it elsewhere at another time.
I do not believe he planned to leave it there.
It is my theory that he used the trash since pick up was that Thursday morning and that was the easiest and least conspicuous way to get rid of the torso.

Attachments

• VhP86.SlMa.71[1].jpg
    VhP86.SlMa.71[1].jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 38
What a nightmare for Laurens family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I have stated in my previous THEORY post, I believe the email was sent by the murderer after Lauren was killed on Saturday night, June 25.... She never mentioned one word about being afraid or that someone had attempted to break into her apartment the night before which was Thursday, June 23.

In reply to SurfieTX:

I think you are spot-on, on your theory of why the torso was left (for practical reasons, not as a message). I think the murderer was hoping to get rid of all evidence and didn't have a good way to get rid of the torso (as gross as this is, limbs and a head could fit in a backpack so no one would be suspicious).

Your theory on the email only makes sense to me if the killer didn't decide to cut the body up right away. Maybe they were thinking that someone would respond to the email, show up and find Lauren and think "hoodlums" did it. Maybe after no one showed up, the killer decided it was better to get rid of the body. If the killer decided to dismember immediately, it does not make sense to send that email (time was the killer's greatest ally at that point).

And getting back to McD, was he present for the Barbri courses? I find it hard to believe he cleaned up, was in the process of disbursing her body, and then took a break each morning at 9 a.m. to go to class for three and a half hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53