GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're probably right on all counts. If the email went out to the boyfriend (whether written by her or her killer) and the boyfriend was in California, and all of her other local friends were scattering and returning home since the school year was over, no one came looking immediately. I think the body was dumped AFTER the police came by on Wednesday night and BEFORE they got there on Thursday morning and had apparently been stored close by (like possibly in Apt. #4 in hopes that the trash would be picked up before anyone searched further. If the trash guys had arrived before the police on Thursday morning, this would most likely still be a missing person case, not a murder investigation. I think the dismemberment was out of necessity, nothing else.

BBM- I considered this possibility as well.

I know I would rest easier if it were SM, but I have too many doubts. They are not claiming he is a suspect, so we don't know what Macon, Bibb County, or the FBI know at this time. My fear is that he will be released on Friday, and he will kill himself because of the stress. Then they can pretend it is him whether it is or it isn't. If it isn't him, then MY child is at risk in her own home in Macon. That is not acceptable to me. I want to know for a fact he did this. Not simply because he was living next door. Technically, I know of several other people who lived next door, just not in an apartment.

Also, I think it is possible the torso was in the dumpster sooner than it was discovered. The initial officers went to the front of the apartment complex, it was not until they decided to check the back that they noticed an odor. The initial notice of an odor in the front may have been vague, if at all.

FWIW, have a look at a note Lauren wrote on Facebook. It was one of those chain email type deals where she had to write 25 random things about herself. It was written in Jan '09 and if you read #20 you'll see she says she goes to mass 3 x per week. Mods - if this is against the rules please delete and accept my apologies!

http://www.facebook.com/notes/lauren-teresa/pleasing-kristin/72679323568

The article talking about her mother's reaction to Lauren's attendance says "Although she knew that Lauren attended St. Joseph Catholic Church on Poplar Street, she didn’t know until after her daughter’s death that she often attended daily Mass." It says "often attended" as opposed to daily. I'm not totally convinced that her attendance had ramped up recently. Here's a link to that article -

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/07/09/1625474/police-hope-lab-results-from-74.html#ixzz1Rr3cGO3C

Just my opinion :)

I realize this was written two years ago and is probably irrelevant, but #11 makes me wonder who Jared was and if he might have had an infatuation (sp?) with her that secretly continued...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/explore...giddings-update-0714-20110712,0,5920245.story

"Currently, an FBI lab is reviewing 74 pieces of evidence, Gaudet said, and results from forensic tests are expected soon.

"We feel it's going to be pivotal to the investigation," said Gaudet, who would not elaborate on evidence being analyzed."

I am praying that the forensic tests results in conclusive evidence identifying the killer.

Hi, all. I've been keeping up with this thread and have enjoyed the participation of all the new members. We've got some really smart cookies here on WS!

Anyway, I was just listening to the SM interview again, specifically the part where the reporter mentions that a body was found and SM gets all flustered and says he needs to sit down. Does anyone else find it surprising that he doesn't ask any questions - for example, if he were innocent, you'd think upon hearing a body had been found he'd ask, "WHERE?!" "Is it her?" "When?" etc. I know I would - particularly I'd want to know where, but I know I'd have a ton of other questions for the messenger of the news. That his response was only that he needed to sit down is suspicious to me. I have to admit at first I thought he did it, then I changed my mind and decided he might be being held only to keep the public calm, like some here have speculated, but now I'm back on the guilty side of the fence again, and I think that's where I'll stay. Too many coincidences, suspicions - little things on their own but all together they point to SM's guilt, IMO.

Hold your thoughts while I get a new thread ready. I'll come back to post the link in a few minutes. This thread will be locked afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member