Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
did anyone feel surprised (re: FB comments) that his sketch was up on the Safeway doors?

did anyone feel surprised (re: FB comments) that his sketch was up on the Safeway doors?

I thought that too! Nobody ever made a connection? But then after going thru so many fb pages, a LOT of the guys look like that sketch and SO MANY of the girls resemble Sierra. I think it's just the area...I grew up not far south of there and I was the freak tall blond LOL. JMO

I thought that too! Nobody ever made a connection? But then after going thru so many fb pages, a LOT of the guys look like that sketch and SO MANY of the girls resemble Sierra. I think it's just the area...I grew up not far south of there and I was the freak tall blond LOL. JMO

That's ok, I was always the mean redhead lol.

Yeah, "sketches" are really hard to me. I do agree that the resemblence is uncanny in this particular sketch, but I too have noticed that when I try to match sketches to people, I tend to think a lot of people looks like the sketch. We also have the "no way" factor to consider, which is that even if people thought he looked like the sketch, most people would probably say to themselves...."no way, it can't be him". Its probably a common reaction for anyone of us to think we would actually be working with the perp.

JMO of course

I woke up with some thoughts in my head, and my apologies if this has already been discussed, I have not caught up yet. I was thinking how I read yesterday that the first officer on scene knew right away that this was not the typical missing teen case, which saved them valuable time in how they went about looking for Sierra.

I know LE stated early on there were no signs of a break in or anything, but we know they have said things to keep information secret. I was wondering, what made this officer so sure, right away? Maybe there were signs of a struggle inside the home? Maybe AGT dropped something significant in the driveway, or Sierra was able to leave some sort of sign while he abducted her?

I also remember them taking evidence from an empty home near Sierra's home, and wonder if this will, in fact, be part of the case. It would make sense if he grabbed Sierra, ditched her phone, committed his repulsive crime in the empty house, and then ditched the bag & the body, all in the same general area (although honestly, the bag STILL baffles me).

I was also thinking how, when the information on the Jetta was released, LE wanted information on WHO was driving the car, if you happened to see it. This makes me wonder if, during one of the times LE interviewed AGT, he said he let people borrow his car. I'm thinking/hoping this might mean he has some inconsistencies in his story that will be another ding against him in court.

All JMO!

I'm hoping they have clear video of him driving in her area that morning. Rumor of him driving around that area for 20minutes would shoot down the claim that he was home at 6:50am. JMO

While I can feel for his mother and sister, his wife's reaction concerns me. If she's willing to give him an alibi, and call Sierra horrid names, she may tell more lies on his behalf. With a toddler and an infant on the way, she may be desperate. I hope his family soon realizes that DNA is not something that can be easily fabricated.

It's so creepy. He could have been out looking for Sierra. Maybe morning was "his time," supposedly spent looking for scrap metal. If so, he'd have likely come across kids headed toward the bus stop.

Also because someone, either wife or mother, said that he never knew or met or saw Sierra. So explain the DNA then...

Exactly. LE has been watching this guy for a long time and they probably have already checked his phone records prior to Sierra's disappearance and I assume they have also checked internet usage. Then you have his family saying he doesn't have any connection with Sierra. I don't see what lies his girlfriend could come up with at this point. Any lie would just be her words unless she convinces other people to lie also. She would have to prove that he was physically somewhere else when the abduction occurred. How could she do that at this point when LE has been watching him for so long? Frankly, I don't think she is smart enough to come up with anything good. And again, her comments on FB just make her look worse and less credible.

Missy Williams ‏@hotsteno

BULLETIN: ARRAIGNMENT IS SHOWING AT MH COURTHOUSE 1:30, NOT HOJ IN SJ.

Posted with authorization. Mods please remove if not allowed.

Updated below !!

Carrying over thought I mentioned previous thread...
Regarding searching... dumpters at Safeway should be checked by HR dogs..

I wonder which part of Uvas he liked to "fish" at? Do we know what area they searched?

Looking at an aerial view, there are so many roads that go off into nowhere around the reservoir. Since he knows the area so well, she really could be anywhere. :(

My first post on this case, haven't followed but heard the news of the arrest and read this new thread only. My theory is that the evidence LE has that she is dead is when a person dies they lose their bladder and sometimes bowel content. If so, they can tell by urine alone if a person has died. Perhaps the perp, while raping her was strangling her.

Wish I had a link to this FB stuff I've been reading about.

Update:

Missy Williams ‏@hotsteno

BULLETIN: IGNORE LAST BULLETIN. WEBSITE IS WRONG. ARRAIGNMENT INDEED AT HOJ IN SJ DUE TO SECURITY CONCERNS.

I am one of those who believes Sierra is not his first or his 4th victim (MOO). I believe he is more seasoned than those that know him believe. Thus, the 24 hour watch, even to move next door or within view.

Just for a split second it occurred to me that this guy may have way too much pride to allow this to go to trial. ???? anyone else have that opinion? I think he is a mamas boy, and I think he will be too ashamed or embaressed to put his family through a trial.

And I don't mean confess....Again--- my opinion

FS's language was way less refined than anything said here but in spirit, not so different from what some WS'ers said about Sierra's Twitter and Tumblr accounts. Or about parents who would permit their teen daughter to post such things.

I feel deeply sorry for FS. I think she's probably been conditioned to fight for AGT for a long time (he was charged with statutory rape with FS as the "victim") and now, under horrendous stress, she's striking out in his defence again.

Does she have anyone to give her emotional and tangible support? Does she have access to therapy? This stress isn't good for her and it's not good for her fetus, either.

I think about how much I love and trust My Hero (aka my husband). It would take me a lot longer than two days to come around to believing he had done something like this. I don't do anger so well but I'd probably be hysterically sobbing and in total denial. If I did FB, I'd probably be making posts in his defence that would read by others as being pretty insane.

If this were me, I would want to be treated with compassion and tolerance while I worked my way through figuring out what I needed to figure out. If that is what I wish for myself, then that is what I wish for FS because I am not different from she.

I understand. While I was appalled by her choice of words, I'll admit that I'm one who expresses anger when frightened, which is a strange reaction but mine, regardless. She must be very scared right now. Hopefully she'll be able to gain perspective with a little time. In a way, the ' family has also been victimized ... and two more children are involved.

Would anyone mind posting a link to A.T-G's girlfriend's interview? I must have missed it, I've only seen the sister's and mother's.

I wonder if they will show his wife/mother the tapes of him in the neighborhood. If you wanted to find out if mom/wife knew anything, I guess the best way do it would be show them some serious evidence. One shot of Sierra riding in his car and the wife (if she knew anything) would start singing, I think...

The comments about Uvas just don't make any sense to me, other than it being a way to send LE to the wrong lake. He doesn't appear to be a mastermind by any stretch, but I could totally see him thinking "oooh, let's tell him I went here". KWIM? Kinda like plant the clothes to the North of her house so it looks like he went that way.... Course, he just might have forgot that his DNA was on it. Clearly he didn't watch enough CSI....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa