Is Lisa's case going to end up a cold case?

What surprises me the most is that Lisa's parents are allowing it to become a cold case.

You'd think it'd been months or years and they finally decided to move on for the sake of life, the boys etc but still keep up with the case/in contact with LE too to keep the hope for a break through alive.

But it's two months. Two "lousy" months. It's not that long. And yet they claim things are getting better and don't seem invested in preventing this case from losing public interest at all.

Then again, they never seemed that invested in finding Lisa to begin with.

So yes, it might become a cold case but I still hope for a lucky break or someone doing the right thing and speak up. Poor Lisa, she never stood a chance. She certainly deserved way better than what she got. :(

All my opinion :twocents:

:cow:

IMO, unless Lisa is found, this will continue to be a cold case.

1. The parents have stopped cooperating with LE, and will not be interviewed "separately" ... LE wants to inerview the parents SEPARATELY .. so WHY does DB have to be present when JI is being interviewed, and vice-versa ?

:waitasec: IMO, it is to make sure JI "keeps the story straight" ...

2. The parents have ceased doing any interviews ... in the very beginning, they were "all over the news" -- GMA, Today ... And NOW, NOTHING, NADA, ZIP ...

:waitasec: Oh yeah, DB does NOT want any more "vigils" for Lisa in front of the house ... hmmm ...
:waitasec: Oh yeah, we have NOT heard DB or JI PLEAD for the RETURN OF LISA RECENTLY ...
:waitasec: Oh yeah, DB said they were "grieving" ...
:waitasec: Oh yeah, and DB and JI "lawyered up" ...

3. Once the parents LAWYERED UP, and not just a "local lawyer", but brought in a well known DEFENSE Lawyer from New York -- who has represented the likes of Joran Van de Sloot -- DB and JI STOPPED TALKING ...

:waitasec: Now WHY would "innocent parents" need 2 Defense Lawyers ?

And once the Defense Team was brought in ... the hands of LE were "tied" ... no more interviews -- with or without an attorney present ...

This is absolutely heartbreaking ... I hope and pray that Baby Lisa is found SOON ... and that there will be JUSTICE for her !

MOO MOO and MOO ...

It's been two months since Lisa went missing. It has been said that if a case isn't solved within a very short amount of time after it happens, it will probably never be solved. That definitely seems to be true, based on all the cases posted on WS. I've noticed that in some cases, there's an arrest made within the first week, but with every other case, the months and years go by and it's still unsolved.

How do you see this case progressing? Does your theory about whether the family was involved play a part in whether you think the case will be solved? Do you think Lisa needs to be found before any arrests can be made? Do you think that as time goes by, and the case is still unsolved, there will be speculation that LE had tunnel vision, that perhaps an intruder was involved?

What do you think the Irwins will do? Will they let the case fade from the media as it gets colder and colder? Or will they do what they can to keep it in the spotlight?

(BTW, I made a similar topic on Kyron's forum back in March, and his case remains unsolved. :(

It's obvious the parents don't want it in the spotlight. :maddening:

If Lisa's body is ever found (most likely stumbled upon) we may see some movement.

The only other way I see a resolution is if the parents split and one turns on the other,or one of the boys speaks out when older.

There are probably more unsolved cases than solved cases on WS.

In Kyron's case, there was about 3500 tips in the first three months, compared to 1000 tips in the first two months of Lisa's case. I wonder why such a big difference?

IMO Terri was smarter than DB.
She took Kyron to the science event that morning .Initially the kidnapping story seemed more plausible because it was from a school during a crowded event.
DB used the "snatched from her crib" which is less plausible and more likely to be viewed with skepticism. Less sightings because the general public isn't really looking for a "snatched" baby .The parents lawyered up within days ,so the general public believes Lisa was most likely harmed at the hands of one of her parents.JMO

I think a case is cold when there is no confession, no evidence and no leads. I somehow think though that most people wait about a year before it's official...just guessing..

When there are over a thousand tips and not one of them is productive, it's pretty darn cold. They have a huge reward...not a bite. How many times have we seen this? Each time it was a family member or the last person to see the victim. Rarely does anyone ever collect. If that baby was out there and alive, somebody would want that reward and sing like a canary.

Respectfully, there is little point in rehashing it. Obviously it was a family member. We pretty much knew that the minute Deborah mentioned that this mythical home invader also snatched her cell phones. And from there the evidence has only grown.

But there is no body. And at this point, with our TV "educated" American juries, unless Lisa is found with a confession note signed with a notary witness, they probably wont get a conviction. Deborah knows it as well, she is getting back to partying as normal.

What surprises me the most is that Lisa's parents are allowing it to become a cold case.You'd think it'd been months or years and they finally decided to move on for the sake of life, the boys etc but still keep up with the case/in contact with LE too to keep the hope for a break through alive.

But it's two months. Two "lousy" months. It's not that long. And yet they claim things are getting better and don't seem invested in preventing this case from losing public interest at all.

Then again, they never seemed that invested in finding Lisa to begin with.

So yes, it might become a cold case but I still hope for a lucky break or someone doing the right thing and speak up. Poor Lisa, she never stood a chance. She certainly deserved way better than what she got. :(

All my opinion :twocents:

BBM... why would this surprise you? You know why they are more than happy to see this case slip away.

Thanks for the thread!

JMO
The case has gone cold.

Parents are not actively seeking for the return of Lisa.

Number 1 reason for the standstill, IMO, is that the parents lawyered up with a high profile defense attorney (and a couple of other defense attorneys along the way). This action seriously impedef(s) much needed further open lines of communication between the parents and LE... discussion which could very well lead to finding Lisa, whether the parents are guilty or not.

I am new to WS, but I jumped on the "sleuth wagon" after the Casey/Caley case because I was so disheartened by the outcome and the way justice was handled. I was so hoping that Baby Lisa's would not be another case like that. Unfortunately, it seems like Casey Anthony's case set an (albeit unwritten) precedence in missing persons cases.
MOO

It's interesting that many posters in this thread think that Lisa's parents want her case to fade away, while in other threads, I've seen many posts saying that Lisa's parents want to get as much fame, attention, and money out of this case as they can.

I think before time, before Casey A, missing Caylee for 31 days, there has always been attorney's that can bend words to fit a situation in a trial before a jury. Yes, it was way before Casey A's case and the amazing J...I'll stop there...

The LE & of course FBI who seem in control, are being very mum. A case gets this quiet, it's best to check dockets, jail bookings, talk to neighbors if you live close. I wouldn't put much faith on facebook postings. If it's good info, call the authorities, if it isn't don't spread it around like it's a "clue". jmo

Once I read the parents comment that " things were getting better" ---that made me think this was going to the cold case file. If the parents do not push LE to solve a case it often ends up not being solved at all.

How do "things" get better? Your baby is missing! I would not "give up" after a few months if it was my baby...not a week, month, year..ever. Shame on these parents.

Never been in this situation but I'm very positive there would be no stopping me. I would scream at the top of my lungs until my voice was gone for police to help me....I would give up my house, my car, my clothes, my money (don't have any), anything I have ....but that's just me.

Last month they were grieving and this month "things are getting better". okiedokiethen..

I think before time, before Casey A, missing Caylee for 31 days, there has always been attorney's that can bend words to fit a situation in a trial before a jury. Yes, it was way before Casey A's case and the amazing J...I'll stop there...

The LE & of course FBI who seem in control, are being very mum. A case gets this quiet, it's best to check dockets, jail bookings, talk to neighbors if you live close. I wouldn't put much faith on facebook postings. If it's good info, call the authorities, if it isn't don't spread it around like it's a "clue". jmo

A lot of the things in this case that people credit the Anthony case with starting can seen in a lot of older cases. It was a huge case so I'm sure it will have an effect (that probably won't be really noticed for years) but some posts make it sound like it changed the entire justice system less than a year after the verdict came in. We have forums all over WS for cases where extremely suspicious people were never arrested, so saying that the reason justice hasn't been served in this case has to do with Casey is too premature. People get away with murder all the time, and each unsolved case usually has a different reason to why.

Once I read the parents comment that " things were getting better" ---that made me think this was going to the cold case file. If the parents do not push LE to solve a case it often ends up not being solved at all.

Hi katy,

I usually don't ask for links but I'd like to read in what context the above quoted statement was made. Can you refer me to the article of when and where this was said? Thanks.

I googled it but nothing comes up.

Hi katy,

I usually don't ask for links but I'd like to read in what context the above quoted statement was made. Can you refer me to the article of when and where this was said? Thanks.

I googled it but nothing comes up.

here you go n/t. it was a comment made by Picerno on Fox. Fox never uploaded the last 2 minutes of the segment where it was said, but a wonderful WS member recorded it:

http://www.myspace.com/video/565006...s-triple-hearsay-lisa-sold-11-18-11/108352166

here is an article on KCTV5 that mentions it:

"They are doing remarkably well," Picerno said.

He added that he spoke with Irwin Friday morning and that Irwin said "everyday has gotten better." He said Irwin plans to return to his job as an electrician next week and they are working to get "back 100 percent to their normal life."

As far as Lisa's room, the family has made few changes, Picerno said.

"Baby Lisa's room is pretty much as it was before she was taken. Police did not really take that much out of the home," he said.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/16077691/picerno-witness-claims-handyman-paid-300-for-kidnapping

and here is a more recent comment from Rick Irwin on the day the vigils stopped that relates also:

Jeremy Irwin's father, Rick, said the family appreciates the support and hopes it will continue, just not in the front yard.

"Continuing to have them here in the yard is just overwhelming for them," said Rick Irwin.

He said while the family will never be back to normal, they are trying to recapture some of it, not only for Lisa's parents but also her two half brothers.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...t-understand-why-irwin-family-wants-them-gone

Thanks askfornina :) So it's the attorney's statement and not the parents and it was in reference to the family returning home.

I wonder what child psychologists say about a tragedy such as this.
I would have to think they would recommend the other childrens lives be returned to some sort of normalcy as much as possible. Obviously, unlike what the attorney said, a family's life does not go" back 100 percent to their normal life" regardless of whether or not they're involved in Lisa's disappearance.

Sometimes I wish these attornies would just not say anything at all than make such statements. You would think they would know by now what the majority opinion is of the parents.

Back to the topic of thread, I agree with those that say if nothing breaks in the case soon, it will end up being a cold case. Sadly, even if they find little baby Lisa's remains and she was exposed to environmental elements, it would be very difficult to determine MOD and even COD unless they have other evidence.

There's still so much we don't know, however. The phone calls. Jersey. The sightings and so on. Will they amount to anything in the investigation?

Thanks askfornina :) So it's the attorney's statement and not the parents and it was in reference to the family returning home.

I wonder what child psychologists say about a tragedy such as this.
I would have to think they would recommend the other childrens lives be returned to some sort of normalcy as much as possible. Obviously, unlike what the attorney said, a family's life does not go" back 100 percent to their normal life" regardless of whether or not they're involved in Lisa's disappearance.

Sometimes I wish these attornies would just not say anything at all than make such statements. You would think they would know by now what the majority opinion is of the parents.

Back to the topic of thread, I agree with those that say if nothing breaks in the case soon, it will end up being a cold case. Sadly, even if they find little baby Lisa's remains and she was exposed to environmental elements, it would be very difficult to determine MOD and even COD unless they have other evidence.

There's still so much we don't know, however. The phone calls. Jersey. The sightings and so on. Will they amount to anything in the investigation?
ITA
I think the reason the statement was made was because of JI's custody hearing. They wanted to throw out there that things were getting back to "normal" has in a routine for the boys ect. I don't think they meant they were forgetting about Lisa.

It's interesting that many posters in this thread think that Lisa's parents want her case to fade away, while in other threads, I've seen many posts saying that Lisa's parents want to get as much fame, attention, and money out of this case as they can.

MOO ...

Here is my :twocents: :)

In the beginning, DB and JI received quite a bit of "national media attention" ...

And with that "national media attention", I am going to "guess" they got paid some $$$$$ for these appearances ... maybe they did ... maybe they didn't ...

IMO ... the "national attention" faded away when DB and JI "stopped" doing interviews, even though their "defense attorneys" were doing interviews to "spin" DB and JI's "stories" ...

Then the "cast of characters" came out -- the woman who received that "mysterious phone call" ... then we heard about this "Dane" who was supposed to be on her phone that night ... then add "Jersey" - handyman to the mix ... the "neighbor" who was "drinking" with DB the night Lisa went "missing" and her hubby ...

It goes on and on ...

Then nothing ... nada ... zip ... from DB and JI which is because they "lawyered up" -- not just 1 lawyer -- 2 lawyers ...

And IMO ... when the possibility of DB and JI earning the big $$$$$ "dried up", DB and JI basically went the other route ...

In other words, DB and JI, as well as their Defense Team IMO realized that DB and JI were NOT believable, and that the "majority of public opinion" was that DB/JI had "something" to do with Lisa being missing ...

DB and JI did NOT come across credible ... "changing stories" and "changing the timeline" ... the DT decided to "put a lid on them" ...

IMO ... DB and JI want this to fade away ...

:waitasec: I hope this made sense ...

MOO MOO and MOO ...

I am hoping this does not end up a cold case. I hope that LE has alot more than we know and have some idea what may have happened in this case. I think we all know what a circus the Caylee case turned out to be with so much information out - so many minds were made up before the trial. I think LE in this case is doing the right thing by not releasing any info. If they are going to eventually make an arrest then this course will help with the jury selection and the trial. I think the feeling that this is going to be a cold case and never solved comes from our lack of information - hopefully not from LE.

Often when a case goes cold (i.e. no new info coming in) it is up to the family to try to push the case forward and keep it in the public eye. Whether or not this will happen remains to be seen.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back