Why have Lisa's parents stopped talking to the media?

<modsnip>.

A fringe element, who wants others to pay his way, isn't 'looking for Lisa'.

IMHOWhere did he search today?

Exactly! I don't see the problem. The parents want others to pay their way and they haven't searched for Lisa either.

This case is a bogus hoax prepetrated on the public and LE. These "parents" are dispicable, (as Whisp said, they hide behind their children, unless, of course money is involved, i.e. Halloween.)

I don't know which one killed Baby Lisa, because they both act quilty as he//.

I realize we have a few groups here, those on the fence, those who do not think the <modsnip>'s are guilty, and those who do. I would just like to ask, and very politely I might add, because we are all entitled to our own opinion, WHY you do not think <modsnip> are quilty. Just tell me if you would react as they have if your child was missing. tia

Easy. I do not know if the parents are guilty or not. There are many odd people and red herrings in this case and as it stands, they, the boys, and most certainly Baby Lisa are victims. It has always seemed to me that the loud voices in a conflict have an agenda. The parents do seem strange but no stranger than most of the rest of this mess. Have no forensics, just a bizarre cast and a shrill greek chorus.

This case is a bogus hoax prepetrated on the public and LE. These "parents" are dispicable, (as Whisp said, they hide behind their children, unless, of course money is involved, i.e. Halloween.)

I realize we have a few groups here, those on the fence, those who do not think the <modsnip>'s are guilty, and those who do. I would just like to ask, and very politely I might add, because we are all entitled to our own opinion, WHY you do not think <modsnip> are quilty. Just tell me if you would react as they have if your child was missing. tia

Personally I'm on the fence so I don't know if JI/DB are guilty of anything or not. I don't have any children of my own so I'm not sure how to answer the question "would you react as they have".

I would have to guess and say that I would do some things the same and some things differently. But I would imagine that almost everyone would say that. JMO.

IMO, If they are not guilty, they sure do act like they are.

Personally I'm on the fence so I don't know if JI/DB are guilty of anything or not. I don't have any children of my own so I'm not sure how to answer the question "would you react as they have".

I would have to guess and say that I would do some things the same and some things differently. But I would imagine that almost everyone would say that. JMO.

Thanks for your input, RANCH. I'm just trying to form thoughts on some opinions here, and I understand your point. Again, thanks!

Just tell me if you would react as they have if your child was missing. tia

"but everyone reacts differently" !!

it doesn't even matter that marc klaas, john walsh and ed smart would all disagree...

** Praying for Sierra **

You are most certainly entitled to whatever opinion you arrive at. This case has plenty of internet discussion from people all over the United States and beyond. A simple internet search of LI's name alone returns results with discussions from all manner of sites. From small blogs, to national news sites, to conspiracy sites, to justice and crime sites, just to name a few. You run the gamut from a comment or two to thousands of comments. If you add in different search terms to LI's names, you will find different boards and different discussions to those topics. Then internet is endless and boundary-less.

I find your OJ analogy an apples to oranges comparison. If the OJ case were to take place today, there is no way to say his trial would be able to be held in the same county, with the advent of the internet as a daily staple for many and social media evolving to what it has today, it's a possibility the trial would be conducted differently. Given the celebrity status of that case, I would imagine it would be even bigger on discussion boards and news sites than this case, by far. YMMV.

Of course there are people discussing this case online, but they make up such a minuscule percentage of the world. National and local news sites have not put up articles about this case in months, so the number of casual readers commenting has also dwindled. Besides WS, I would be surprised if there's another forum that is having an active, on-going discussion about this case. I have checked other true-crime forums, and most of them have one post every few weeks about it.

I mentioned OJ because even though his case happened pre-Internet, it still managed to get immensely more media coverage and it had (and still does) a much higher recognition rate than Lisa's case. Yet they still managed to have it in the same county. The idea that Lisa's parents cannot get a fair trial anywhere in the country is ludicrous. Move it one county over and we're good.

I don't know for certain if either parent is guilty or not.
My opinion though, is that Lisa was abducted. I have to go by the facts that I know, and I've read everything about Lisa's case. I guess I'm a fact person. I have heard no facts that lead me to believe that D. or J. did something to cause Lisa's death, and that they, or one of them, disposed of her body.
If all the facts, and the time line is correct, as we know it, then I can not see where DB. had the time & wherewithall to cause Lisa's death and then dispose of her.
I have to believe that she was abducted.
We know that all evidence has been processed, and haven't heard anything new. Nothing from LE, no arrest. That further makes me believe that Lisa was abducted.
Her case is still being handled by the same LE dept.. crimes against children. I'm not certain about this, (I can check) but, I think that the FBI was at the meeting that was held with LE. & NCMEC. just before the DR. Phill show.
I don't think they would be if they thought Lisa was dead.

Would I react as they have? I honestly don't know.
I would have & hire an attorney first thing, that I know. LE always focases on parents first (as they should) and I would want an attorney.
I'm sure I would fully cooperate with LE.
I don't know about media interviews. After all I've witnessed, and read, maybe not.
Of course you never know until you are in those shoes.

Of course there are people discussing this case online, but they make up such a minuscule percentage of the world. National and local news sites have not put up articles about this case in months, so the number of casual readers commenting has also dwindled. Besides WS, I would be surprised if there's another forum that is having an active, on-going discussion about this case. I have checked other true-crime forums, and most of them have one post every few weeks about it.

I mentioned OJ because even though his case happened pre-Internet, it still managed to get immensely more media coverage and it had (and still does) a much higher recognition rate than Lisa's case. Yet they still managed to have it in the same county. The idea that Lisa's parents cannot get a fair trial anywhere in the country is ludicrous. Move it one county over and we're good.

Lol, they do not have to get the trial moved in order for their "fair trial" claim as a stall tactic to be successful.

"but everyone reacts differently" !!

it doesn't even matter that marc klaas, john walsh and ed smart would all disagree...

** Praying for Sierra **

No it doesn't because their opinion is just that, an opinion and it's no more valid than mine is. They weren't there when it happened any more than I was.

Lol, they do not have to get the trial moved in order for their "fair trial" claim as a stall tactic to be successful.

"We can't get a fair trial anywhere" would never be successful as a stall tactic. The defense would have to show evidence of that, such as on-going massive coverage, a significant social media presence, and an extremely high % of people who believe strongly that Deborah is guilty. They wouldn't be able to provide any of that information.

:eek:fftopic:

Back on topic. The parents have stopped talking to the media because they are guilty. Pure and simple. They couldn't WAIT to get out of the questioning both of LE and the media. Why? Because they are afraid. They are afraid because they are guilty and know that their stories are total BS. And, they have a defense attorney. Who needs a defense attorney? A guilty person needs a defense attorney. For those who like to say that they are "fence sitters", please share with us a better reason.

Back on topic. The parents have stopped talking to the media because they are guilty. Pure and simple. They couldn't WAIT to get out of the questioning both of LE and the media. Why? Because they are afraid. They are afraid because they are guilty and know that their stories are total BS. And, they have a defense attorney. Who needs a defense attorney? A guilty person needs a defense attorney. For those who like to say that they are "fence sitters", please share with us a better reason.

They are not talking because they are being told by everyone around them (family, friends and lawyers) not too, for numerous reasons. And they are listening to all these people, plus perhaps have it in their head that LE is out to get them. They were sure think the public is out the get them, I don't see why they wouldn't think the same of LE. They also know that nothing they say or do will change the minds of those that are absolutely convinced they are guilty, even if that includes LE.

There's a possible explanation. Is it the right one? I don't know, but I'll agree that scenario I put forth doesn't put their daughter first. It also doesn't mean their guilty either.

:moo: The answer to the title thread is real simple : G U I L T Y

Oh -- and they have 2 defense attorneys -- not just 1 -- but 2 !

:moo:

They are not talking because they are being told by everyone around them (family, friends and lawyers) not too, for numerous reasons. And they are listening to all these people, plus perhaps have it in their head that LE is out to get them. They were sure think the public is out the get them, I don't see why they wouldn't think the same of LE. They also know that nothing they say or do will change the minds of those that are absolutely convinced they are guilty, even if that includes LE.

There's a possible explanation. Is it the right one? I don't know, but I'll agree that scenario I put forth doesn't put their daughter first. It also doesn't mean their guilty either.

It really sounds in that last post as if you personally know friends and family. Respectfully, can I ask how you know that "everyone around them" is telling them to not talk to LE? Why in the world would anyone tell an innocent person who is missing their child to NOT talk to LE? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. In addition to that, the REASON the public seems "out to get them" is because they WON'T talk to LE! And, lastly, why would anyone think that LE is out to get them if they are innocent? Is this the behavior of an innocent person?

I'm not even close to being a rocket scientist, and I can clearly see that it not only does NOT put Lisa first, but it makes them look guilty as HE//!

It really sounds in that last post as if you personally know friends and family. Respectfully, can I ask how you know that "everyone around them" is telling them to not talk to LE? Why in the world would anyone tell an innocent person who is missing their child to NOT talk to LE? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. In addition to that, the REASON the public seems "out to get them" is because they WON'T talk to LE! And, lastly, why would anyone think that LE is out to get them if they are innocent? Is this the behavior of an innocent person?

I'm not even close to being a rocket scientist, and I can clearly see that it not only does NOT put Lisa first, but it makes them look guilty as HE//!

Read the JS thread as well as the comments by RR. He reported they had full support of their family. Yes there are some in that family that prefer they talk to local media as opposed to national. I can't speak as to why they think like that, I'm not a psychologist. I'm sure they know what is making them look guilty, but looking guilty and actually being guilty are two different things, especially if you know for a fact you didn't do anything to your child.

You asked for an explanation and I gave you one.

BBM

That is an opinion; not everyone shares it.

Read the JS thread as well as the comments by RR. He reported they had full support of their family. Yes there are some in that family that prefer they talk to local media as opposed to national. I can't speak as to why they think like that, I'm not a psychologist. I'm sure they know what is making them look guilty, but looking guilty and actually being guilty are two different things, especially if you know for a fact you didn't do anything to your child.

You asked for an explanation and I gave you one.

I did read the JS thread and the comments by RR. I read everything about this case that I can. Having full support of your family does not mean that they are TELLING them to do anything. As well, I have heard that some family members want one thing and the other family members want another. So, so much for what the family is telling them.

I did read the JS thread and the comments by RR. I read everything about this case that I can. Having full support of your family does not mean that they are TELLING them to do anything. As well, I have heard that some family members want one thing and the other family members want another. So, so much for what the family is telling them.

I'm just telling you what has been posted on this particular topic (family support) in the 6+ months this case has been going on. I'm sure there is many people in their ear and it's not just lawyers. It's up to you to choose to believe it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back