2008.06.16 James T. says he saw Caylee alive around Noon #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would JT's testimony help the prosecution?

We have found one possible tie-in - the toy in the shed that CA had never seen before.

If this person testifies he saw KC and Caylee out at noon on 6/16/09, would this be used to discredit GA stating he saw the two of them leave the home at almost 1 PM?

If his testimony to help support that KC was very uncaring/unfeeling toward Caylee? Or to support that KC had stooped to writing bad checks for purchases? (Was it shown that KC did not have a valid checking account at this point in time?) Was it possibly the grandparents' checks?

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to discredit this witness. I am trying to establish the pertinence of this testimony.

WTF?
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The attorney for Casey Anthony's parents said he will release evidence that raises "serious questions about the case" on Wednesday.

Tuesday, prosecutors in the Anthony investigation released more than 1,000 pages of documents related to the case.

Brad Conway said the evidence he intends to release contains information the state "should have released today, but didn't."

http://www.wesh.com/news/21145778/detail.html

ruh-roh~

I live not far from a Walmart. there are automatic + manual doors at each end of the entry way. the entryway itself is large, and at least here ther are video games etc in there; then there is a wall of doors going into the store itself from the entry way. I'm not sure if there are any manual doors there.

We have found one possible tie-in - the toy in the shed that CA had never seen before.

If this person testifies he saw KC and Caylee out at noon on 6/16/09, would this be used to discredit GA stating he saw the two of them leave the home at almost 1 PM?

If his testimony to help support that KC was very uncaring/unfeeling toward Caylee? Or to support that KC had stooped to writing bad checks for purchases? (Was it shown that KC did not have a valid checking account at this point in time?) Was it possibly the grandparents' checks?

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to discredit this witness. I am trying to establish the pertinence of this testimony.

BBM I could be wrong, as I am not a legal expert, but I would think that if they have him listed as a witness, the State feels fairly confident he will be useful. It must be, b/c why expose him to cross examination by the defense if they don't have something solid and viable from him?

snip

The pertinence of his testimony would be ( if he has the right date )
1, to establish a timeline
2.Casey's state of mind
3. treatment of her daughter
LE may have video surveillance or he may have a store receipt to show the date & time.

If Casey had pretty much decided to get rid of Caylee by that time, she may have well been in the midst of her plan and, distracted, forgot / left her phone at home. She does seem, by what he describes to be pretty much ignoring her, except for when she was given attention away from her, when of course she got angry. What he describes, is how we know Casey might act, my question would be the date & how he remembers it.

My other problem with his statement is the fact she was looking for a LCD monitor so she could use her laptop. Now, we all know her screen wouldn't come on. But, she could've easily taken the cheap way out and buy cable to connect from her laptop to Tony's monitor so she could continue using her laptop.

BBM

I don't think the cheap way out was an issue for KC. She didn't have to worry about spending her own money.

could the Walmart have been going under construction at the time? We have two pretty close to us that have been being converted to a SuperWalmart and the doorways are all messed up.

I am just kind of on the fence about this. I mean, any of us could go back NOW and say..."oh yeah, I saw that biot$h beating the he!! out of her daughter in Target" or something. So given that, I guess LE has vetted this man?

Per page 33 of the same doc file
http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/evidence reports.pdf

it says "Taz" when describing the stuffed animal found in the shed.
Am I reading that right?

eBayISAPI.dll

First time trying to pop a pic in my post...hope it works.:blushing:
If not, just google it... there are a few Taz beanie babies on ebay, different styles.

EDIT... nope, did not work...grrrrrrrr
2nd edit....yayyyyyyy

Attachments

• 0422_35.jpg
    0422_35.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 14
FWIW - Earlier (before the threads expanded) someone posted that they had actually called that particular Wal-Mart and after a pause ,confirmed that they do in fact have some manual doors.

Since the SA is obviously aware of the big "ping conflict" with his written statement, I'm thinking the SA has some other important angle in mind for his testimony--something we just aren't able to glean from his written statement alone. Maybe it's the TAZ beanie baby and KC's behavior in his store alone that they'll have him testify to--ergo the only thing the Defense will be able to cross examine him about.

Much better yet, (and much less likely :( ), maybe there's a big "bombshell" associated with his seeing her at K-Mart, a bombshell that that defies/explains the pings and proves something useful to the SA.

I guess I'm trying to find any morsel of encouragement from this latest disheartening doc dump because I'm honestly beginning to feel like KC is being protected by some Evil Force, and I don't normally think things like that. Even the FBI lab screwed up, contaminated evidence, etc., thus enabling the Defense to cast doubt for the jury on everything done at the FBI lab.

One thing seems increasingly obvious: If the Defense looses this case, it won't be because they didn't get every d@mned conceivable break!

She wouldn't have to open it by herself. They have automatic doors.:banghead:

The front part of the store has automatic doors - the sides of the front have regular pull-open doors, usually next to vending machines, etc. His story makes sense. He was explaining her 'hotness' because people might question how he could remember one customer out of hundreds/thousands. He went on to elaborate that she was not the norm for customers in his store. I think his story makes perfect sense. Not exactly the way I would have written it, but not everyone is the same when it comes to putting things down on paper in this way. Good for him.

I am very grateful that this man has shared what he knows and I happen to believe him. I think he saw Caylee coming out of the last store she would ever be in.:(

I believe that this witness saw Caylee and KC, but I'm also thinking he has his dates mixed up. Wouldnt be the first time thats happened in this case.

So maybe he's on the witness list not because they have confirmed he was the last person who remembers seeing caylee before she died, but because they have confirmed(from receipts or cameras) that he saw them around that time, and is able to decribe what seems like a distant, jealous relationship between them around the time of Caylees death.

Especially since they really only have one other person testifying to a negative perception of KC's parenting, when most people say she seemed like a great mom.Having an unbiased witness testifying to how Caylee was treated when in KC's care will definately help the prosecution.
ETA: And especially when this witness seems to have dated other singles moms and knows what a 'bad mom' acts like from his own personal experience.
JMO

Wal-Mart doors

Some Wal-Marts down here have side doors. In the Main Entrance (they have 2), there will be a section going along side the front of the store. That area will have drink machines, etc. At the end of that area, there will be a door you would have to push to go out.

Another way to describe it, when you go in the autmatic doors, look/turn towards the closest outside wall. You would see a short cordor, with windows looking out side, the inside wall would be lined whit soda machines. Then end would be a glass door.

Not that this gives the guy credibility. Just that such a 'push door' would be possible at a Wal-Mart in central FL.

Yes! Where I live, our Walmart has a side door that is manual and it's the same inside set-up you described. :)

Our Walmarts here generally have side manual doors as well. I think stores are required to have at least one manual door because of religious tenants that require members of a particular faith or faiths to avoid electronic doors, elevators, etc on some religious holidays.

Why KC, though, would opt to use the manual door I don't know. I'm not THAT lazy and try to avoid them. Or maybe it was the closest door to little Caylee and she didn't know that the automatic doors were over to the side of the one she was exiting.

Sad, if it's true, but I have issues with the wording of the statement.

Its not that strange when you consider that this witness states that Caylee had a determined "I can do it myself' look on her face. Add that to GA's statement that Caylee could and would open the sliding doors at their home, and that we know Caylee was a pretty independent little princess.

I have two daughters. The older one has always been pretty dependent on me to help her with things she is capable of doing herself. But my younger daughter has always been little Miss independent, and wants to do everything herself. She's the type who would prefer to open a big door all by herself, rather than having me do it, or just walking through the automatic doors. So this witness statement doesnt seem strange to me at all in that respect.

But the idea of KC walking 10 feet in front of her daughter I cannot relate to....Nor the "Uggghhh", and eye-rolling when Caylee was given a beanie baby. If she had a problem with Caylee being given a toy by a stranger, then she should have just not accepted it. This screams of the jealousy we know KC felt when Caylee got the attenttion that she wanted.
JMO

It's too bad he waited a year to come forward. I doubt Walmart keeps video from a year ago..*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa