TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The case that I keep thinking about is Kari Swenson

snip
Though the rescue party had no way of knowing, Kari was right in their path, wrapped in a sleeping bag and lashed to a lodgepole pine with a dog chain, watched over by two men with guns who told her they would kill anyone who tried to save her. They had dragged her up the ridge from the trail after tying her wrist-to-wrist with the younger man. Toward dark they came to a swampy stand of pine and spruce where the men had already prepared a campsite. The older of the two was Don Nichols, 53, a lean, graying, bearded Montanan with an antipathy to mundane routine and a vision of himself as a latter-day Jim Bridger. The younger was his son, Danny, 19, a high school dropout who may well have wanted to quit the mountain-man lifestyle his father had forced on him most of his life. The two had been living in the backcountry since last August, wintering over in valleys that see six feet of snow. They lived in caves or dugouts and ate deer, ground squirrels and birds that they trapped with wire nooses. Kari was intended to be the son's woman

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20088393,00.html

(OT: This is why camping freaks me out... :(... when we hear something, DH thinks 'Bear!' and I think 'Psycho killer!')

so, from Will's tweets out of the 500 volunteers 350 of them are in natchez trace state park...

also we know that the area of interest developed overnight was densely wooded

And y'all have to remember that it's springtime here. Our woods are very scrubby/brushy and most everything is leafing out already. They aren't just tree-space-tree-space, it's tree-tree-tree with a thick undergrowth of brush in most places. Very dense.

That's the kind of woods I'm talking about. You can't just barrel an ATV through them. There has to be some sort of trail, IMO.

Just looked at the google map supplied by Nurse Beeme -- a tough place to search. I can see why they need a thousand volunteers.

I was backpacking way up in the mountains a long time ago. When we planned our trip, the forest ranger said the trailhead parking areas were totally safe and nothing ever happened. When we ended our trip and came down the mountain, we discovered our car had been riddled with bullets and some things taken from the trunk. There was a guitar and a suitcase in there that a fisherman found in a ravine.

When we got to the ranger station, we were told that a fugitive was holed up in a cabin and that's who probably did it.

Is there a nation wide alert going out on Holly ? In case she was taken out of state? Like a region specific BOLO covering the east coast or midwest or the whole county?

If this was a young person I suspect if Holly is alive and there is a car then if he may try to run to a larger place with a diverse population , Most young people think Fl or CA are places to run to but if he is a country person he may think VA or Kentucy but those places may seems to close so OHIO or OKlahoma. Might be considered as options.

(OT: southern_scout... Love your avatar, your siggy, your username. One of my favorite books. ;))

Is there a nation wide alert going out on Holly ? In cae she was taken out of state? Like a region specific BOLO covering the east coast or midwest or the whole county?

If this was a young person I suspect if Holly is alive and there is a car then I suspect they will try to run to a larger place with a diverse population , Most young people think Fl or CA are places to run to but if he is a countty person he may think VA or Kentucy but those places may seems to close so OHIO or OKlahoma. Might be considered as options.

I don't think there is a BOLO out for her

If this guy has been scouting her for a while, which it seems like he might have been, he's probably been through those woods and checked out every entrance/exit point and had a plan down pretty good. I think he was in and out of the woods before the first hour was up, and had hit the road somewhere. I don't think he's in those woods, and I don't think she's in those woods.

heck the guy could live near them, He might go to school with them, Hang out with them, Grew up there, he could be on of her friends fathers, uncle, brother,

I really think its someone that lives very close to her.

Go watch The Lovely Bones!

What bothers me is why have we not seen any DOGS?????????

At first, I really thought this was someone she knew, but after so many days, it seems like word would have leaked out on the internet about that, if so. Now it does seem more like a stranger/stalker.

If they are finding her things in the woods, that is really weird that they have not found her...I thought her things would be scattered really close to home, as who was carrying all of that stuff while he was taking her thru that dense area?

One thing that seems hopeful, at least, is that they must think there is a chance she is alive, or I don't think they would call out 1000 people to look for her body. But realistically, unless she is still with him, not sure how long she could hold out, especially if she lost blood days ago.

The case that I keep thinking about is Kari Swenson

snip
Though the rescue party had no way of knowing, Kari was right in their path, wrapped in a sleeping bag and lashed to a lodgepole pine with a dog chain, watched over by two men with guns who told her they would kill anyone who tried to save her. They had dragged her up the ridge from the trail after tying her wrist-to-wrist with the younger man. Toward dark they came to a swampy stand of pine and spruce where the men had already prepared a campsite. The older of the two was Don Nichols, 53, a lean, graying, bearded Montanan with an antipathy to mundane routine and a vision of himself as a latter-day Jim Bridger. The younger was his son, Danny, 19, a high school dropout who may well have wanted to quit the mountain-man lifestyle his father had forced on him most of his life. The two had been living in the backcountry since last August, wintering over in valleys that see six feet of snow. They lived in caves or dugouts and ate deer, ground squirrels and birds that they trapped with wire nooses. Kari was intended to be the son's woman

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20088393,00.html

I said somewhere back in the first thread that my very first thought was that of a 'mountain man coming down to claim his bride'.

In my opinion, the good side of this is that the perp has put a lot of planning into this and targeted Holly specifically. He has plans for her and prepared a place to keep her. With this much preparation, he will not kill her unless 1) he is pressed by authorities or 2) he tires of her.

They also need to look for a body concealed in the woods; in the Jodi Sanderholm case she was covered by brush & wood and leaves etc. the only way they found her was they noticed two fingers poking out of the brush.

No, Please take it as that, Just a Rumor. We are at risk of having these boards shut down if we continue to address the rumored boyfriend/ RO.

No, SD have not picked up her scent.

bbm...

We are allowed to discuss rumors if we say "this is rumor". we are not at risk of having these boards shut down if we discuss rumors.

There is a rumor that holley has an ex-boyfriend.

We are not allowed to speculate or victimize holly's brother or her current boyfriend as they have been named "cleared" by LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member