GUILTY OK - Donald 'Joe' Neff, 61, Poteau, 14 May 2009 - #2

been thinking a lot about MMD and Joe Neff. praying for justice and peace.

Bump

I feel the murder went this way, Neff received a call that morning telling him someone needed help or whatever, possibly why he went to auto parts store. The two thiefs went to Joe's house, either before or after Joe was surprised at the bar by the third. Somehow the safe's combination was found either before or after Joe was killed and telephoned to the other two in the house, who opened and took the money. They went back to the bar and loaded the body in a pickup truck, one man on both sides of the body and a third holding the legs, covering it with a tarp. From there they drove the back way thru Cameron, into Pocola and dropped the body at the strip pits, from there the may have went the back way into Spiro and back to Poteau on 59 South.
This explains the short time line and how it had to have happened

If I'm not mistaken I understand the safe was opened with a key not a combination. I also understand that the key's of Mr. Neff's were found in the pitt as well or maybe it was the cell phone. I also believe that a later post was made stating that the perps took Mr. Neffs keys. He had to unlock the door in order to let them in.

I keep hoping this case will be solved......also praying that MMD is doing well.

I can't believe it's been over 3 years since Joe was murdered.

I keep hoping this case will be solved......also praying that MMD is doing well.

I can't believe it's been over 3 years since Joe was murdered.

I am concerned about missingmydad .. it's been a year and a half since she's been on the board.

Hugs go out to you MMD. You and your Dad are not forgotten, and i hope you can pop in soon to let us know how you are, and if you have any info to add that might help solve your Dad's case.

SB

I don't know if Missing my Dad still posts here, but I just had an interesting conversation with a mutual friend of Joe's. I have called in what I heard to the OSBI, but it may have been discussed and verified years ago that the two incidents are not related.
I am friends with a lady whose father was murdered in 1973 in Wister, OK right outside of Poteau (Missing my Dad, she was at Joe's funeral so I am sure you know who I am talking
about)My friends father Johnny Jenkins was murdered in 1973, very suspicious and my friend (who was only one at the time her father was murdered) said she seems to recall that the man assumed guilty (who has since fled and/or disappeared ) worked in law enforcement in the Wister/Poteau area.
Apparently Johhny and Joe were very close friends. I do realize these may have nothing in common, but figured I would throw it out there.

Yes johnny had a brother named Sammy. He was dads friend too. I recall hearing about him getting shot but I think that he was shot by police if memory serves me correctly. I think there was some trouble they were all into. Alcohol involved also. Nothing to do with dad. But his brother was there I think. Bad deal. The OSBI is still working on this case. I'm not giving up. Thank u all so much. Its hard to believe its been 3 1/2 years. I miss him so much.

Welcome back, missingmydad. You've been missed.

If I'm not mistaken I understand the safe was opened with a key not a combination. I also understand that the key's of Mr. Neff's were found in the pitt as well or maybe it was the cell phone. I also believe that a later post was made stating that the perps took Mr. Neffs keys. He had to unlock the door in order to let them in.

The safe was about 5 feet tall can be opened by key or combination. The keys have not been found, the phone was recovered at the strip pit. The keys at the bar stayed in the door, until he opened. They're still missing.

Well I was just going off of what Johnny's daughter had mentioned. Of course she was so little at the time , and said no one has been forth coming about what really happened and had a bad feeling about the police officer that shot him and disappeared before he could be tried in court.
Hugs and prayers for answers for your family.

Wow! I can't believe it's been that long either! I was a newbie moderator then. How I've prayed this case would get solved.

MMD, it was a blessing to hear from you! We will never give up hope! :hug:

I will not forget finding this site. I never slept back then. I was full time amateur detective. You all are such a blessing. I had to step away for a little while. I let my life and business get out of hand. I had to focus and get to thinking clearly again. My thoughts and suspicions are the same as before. Still trying to figure out how they were able to catch dad off guard.

Welcome back, MMD. I've been thinking of you and praying for you. Good to know you're ok. :)

So very glad to see you back MMD and know that you are okay. It was wise to take a big break and recoup somewhat after all you've been through.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back