GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt it. It's unlikely that's the first time the alarm went off and, also, it appears that the distance from the parking lot to the building wouldn't have allowed it. Which, imo, makes it unlikely that the defendant deliberately left an awake toddler in a car seat when the vehicle and the child and the alarm (if there was one) could have been seen/heard by any number of people coming and going as well as the video camera. Not a great plan, imo.

I like to see where he parked his car at work. Did he park up front, as close as he could. Or, did he park all the way in the last row or where it is less likely to have someone walk by. Also, in the beginning it was reported that he parked in full sun, and not in the covered parking area (parking deck) as he normally does. hmmmm I haven't seen that recently, so maybe it not true.

Karmady, no need to bite my head off. I thought we were allowed to opine here. If we're not, I'll stop posting, I guess. I didn't think it was a requirement that we were all legal professionals or criminal analysts. As I wasn't even talking about the murder charge, I was talking about the neglect charge so I don't know why the hyperbole about the death penalty was brought up! I have zero impact on whether he's sentenced to death anyway. OK bye then, I'll just lurk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to see where he parked his car at work. Did he park up front, as close as he could. Or, did he park all the way in the last row or where it is less likely to have someone walk by. Also, in the beginning it was reported that he parked in full sun, and not in the covered parking area (parking deck) as he normally does. hmmmm I haven't seen that recently, so maybe it not true.

That was initially reported - but disputed in comments under an article online. His building isn't the Home Depot corporate office that has access to the parking deck - his usual place was in a flat parking lot.

My husband parks far away from other cars because he doesn't want his car to be hit by other cars. I think it would be more telling to compare that day's parking place with his typical parking choices in the past. You'd have to compare it to how he usually parks.

I've seen people wait forever while someone backs out of a space close to a building, when just a few feet further down there are empty spaces. Other people will just drive to an open space and don't care if it's not the closest to the building.

Listening to WSB Radio on the way into work this morning. Each day they say new developments in this case then go on to report news that broke days ago!!!! Today it was the "new" development of the dog in car search. So frustrating!!

I agree. The media report did state the timeframe wasn't available, and in the Press Conference Wednesday the Cob County Police Spokesman "declined to comment" on the computer search.

http://fox6now.com/2014/06/26/how-l...car-search-found-on-georgia-fathers-computer/

agreed, the animal computer searches are attributed to a source in the PD but that source is not named. When asked LE declined to comment on that topic.

So for now, I am taking it as rumor. A rumor I think will prove to be accurate but rumor for the moment.

agreed, the animal computer searches are attributed to a source in the PD but that source is not named. When asked LE declined to comment on that topic.

So for now, I am taking it as rumor. A rumor I think will prove to be accurate but rumor for the moment.

I think it's probably true - but if it were a red flag (timing wise, or not associated with a similar news article, etc.) I think it would have been included in the arrest warrant, as the statement that he went to the car mid-day was.

I really think this will turn out to just be unrelated, but a headline grabber.

The only shot I can find of the parking lot during the day, is one where you can see it in the reflection.

Attachments

• treehouse2.jpg
    treehouse2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 31
  • treehouse1.jpg
    treehouse1.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 26
  • treehouse.jpg
    treehouse.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 26
It makes me very uncomfortable to think that some other cases like this were actually a parent finding a way to get rid of an unwanted child. I doubt it is common but even 1-2 more such cases that went undetected is too much.

I find the whole Vic Reynolds tv ads in light of the loss of a child tasteless. If he is up for or any kind of election, he isn't getting my vote by using the premeditated muder of a baby as any kind of platform.
How many days before that add went up?
It almost sounds like the entire thing was planned out for politics.
It's too strange.
moo

Am I nuts? It's obviously an ad AGAINST Vic Reynolds, not for him...No?? I am confused that people are blaming Vic Reynolds for the ad....it was uploaded by "Ross Harris." Clearly not the actual Ross Harris, but clearly not a real "political ad" either, or they'd have to do the whole disclaimer thing at the end about who paid for the ad.

I think it's probably true - but if it were a red flag (timing wise, or not associated with a similar news article, etc.) I think it would have been included in the arrest warrant, as the statement that he went to the car mid-day was.

I really think this will turn out to just be unrelated, but a headline grabber.

I thought the police gave a statement that they could not confirm date and time at this time not that they wouldn't comment on it. I think of that was complete rumor police would have taken that opportunity to clear it up and say that was a fabrication etc

I thought the police gave a statement that they could not confirm date and time at this time not that they wouldn't comment on it. I think of that was complete rumor police would have taken that opportunity to clear it up and say that was a fabrication etc

The media guy said he couldn't confirm date and time, and LE refused to comment, as I understand it.

As I said earlier, we had left a half banana and apple slices a bit earlier. In the heat, that smell nearly knocked me out opening the door. I can't get past him not smelling anything, even in a second.

ETA: Another thought I've had, is he would have had a bag. Where was that in the car? I am very curious to know if the bag for daycare was in the front passenger seat.

1. My daughter brought a styrofoam "leftover box" to the car with her when I picked her up from her Dad's house when she was in high school and forgot to take it into our house.The next morning the car STUNK and I had to leave the windows down for 3 days. The culprit? A Chicken Caesar Salad.

2. VERY good point. At his age, there should be a "diaper bag," unless the daycare has the parent provide diapers and a set of clothes in advance, and provides lunch.

I know that at first glance, I would have an entry in my browser history sometime in the past 30 days of something like, "A dog can die in less than five minutes in a car" -- usually accompanied with a picture of a panting dog or a broken car window. Anyone on Facebook is aware of these provocative click-getters in the news feed. I am certain I've clicked on one. I'm betting the "search" part is where the facts end and rumors begin. It doesn't make sense that he would try and cover his tracks by changing only the species of victim. An IT person (any average computer user for that matter) especially with access to multiple computers would be savy enough to cover their tracks better than that. <--- it's all speculation, of course.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/source-cobb-father-new-child-was-left-hot-car/ngRn6/

" Sources tell Channel 2 Action News there is evidence that a Cobb County father knew his son was left in the back of his car. The child died after several hours in the hot vehicle.""There's a difference between negligence and gross negligence," Cobb Police spokesman Mike Bowman said at a press conference. "The thing about the negligence is that it could happen to anybody. The gross negligence shows that there's some other circumstances revolving around this."

=======================================================

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/25/justice/georgia-toddler-death/

"There's a difference between negligence and gross negligence," Cobb Police spokesman Mike Bowman said at a press conference. "The thing about the negligence is that it could happen to anybody. The gross negligence shows that there's some other circumstances revolving around this."

These quotes from Bowmen are interesting. The first one describing negligence that could happen to anyone but this case having extra circumstances creating a "gross negligence" but never using words like premeditation or intent makes me feel they think it started off as an accident but the fact he waited after realizing made it worse by making an assumption there is no way to know if there was something that could have been done to help Cooper. -If the search was a smoking gun and his explanation, which I feel was released one was given on the Randy Travis report that one was given, wasnt overly outlandish or unbelievable as it relates to the situation . If not. Ofcourse it could point to intent. If made weeks months or day before the boys death.

The person who suggested he could have searched it before going to his car and after realizing he never went to the daycare and may have wanted go prepare himself for what heat find could be right on the money.

Thanks. Interestingly, a news article I just read said this happened on June 19th. They're all over the place, aren't they? Who's the most dependable news source that you don't have to pay for, in your opinion?

The LE.:twocents:

Yep. That's what child locks and pool alarms and gates are for.

I think we're all here to discuss something more "sinister" as intimated by the Marietta Police and especially officer Pierce. Whether these charges are appropriate for an accidental death is not the issue...at least that's what Marietta police and the prosecutors would have us believe. They're even on the record as saying that these sorts of accidents do happen, but that is not what evidence suggests in this case. So... If the current charges are appropriate for accidental death, then this is no longer a case to be solved, but some sort of legal ethics discussion. I just want to make sure, lest we quickly forget, what the original charges and assertions were and hold LE accountable for their original assertions. Otherwise, we enter a legal realm of prosecution on innuendos and hunches that eventually lead to legal precedent.

here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac3RAOPSRZw&feature=youtu.be

portraying him as the victim and this persecution ''could send family into bankruptcy'' (gee his decision led to financial reversal take responsibility and just let the guy ''man up'')

This was discussed up thread I thought. But this ad is not on behalf of Vic Reynolds.

He is the one who brought the charges against RH. This ad is from RH supporters urging folks to put pressure on Reynolds to drop the charges against RH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member