2011.05.20 Jury Selection DAY ELEVEN (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO, the judge just had a little smile on his face right after he said "Cart before the horse"

The judge still needs to address the issue...HLN posted on the screen that the potential jurors were talking about her guilt...even if it turns out to be okay, I hope he talks about it.

Yesterday when this group of Jurors walked in Baez kept pointing at someone and acknowledged someone. Not sure if it was a juror or maybe someone else in the court. Just funny it was when they had turned around and the jury was coming in.

I too noticed that and wondered WTH?

Correct. I believe this was yesterday's pile o' jurors and NOT the 16.

It better not. Otherwise HHJP was totally right. They should have sworn them in and gotten them sequestered ASAP!!!!!! He knew every day that passed this could happen, and so did the DT it's why they have been delaying.

Baez: Was anyone saying anything positive? And if so what did they look like, or do you have their juror number?

Juror: just sounded like everyone was Positive she is guilty!

I bet they start all over if the whole jury pool was tainted and talking about ICA? Is that what this guy is saying? That the jury pool they picked jurors from was all saying she was guilty??

I so agree!!!!! This will be painful for all of us and especially those of us "sitting on our finger!":banghead:

This potential juror was NOT yet called into this courtroom to be questioned in this case. So, he and the others broke no rules. People can talk about anything they want when they are in that big jury pool room.

Right. And as HHJP has repeatedly said, they are not to assume that potential jurors are deaf, dumb and blind. Just not to have formed an opinion that they CANNOT set aside.

At least this PJ clarified that the discussion(s) were prior to the PJ's being brought in and getting HHJP's instructions.

Praying.

Not for the dp for religious reasons.

I bet they start all over if the whole jury pool was tainted and talking about ICA? Is that what this guy is saying? That the jury pool they picked jurors from was all saying she was guilty??

I'm not sure which jury room this guy was talking about.
It might have been the room where they are held before they know which case they will be on and that would be ok.
(I think)

The judge still needs to address the issue...HLN posted on the screen that the potential jurors were talking about her guilt...even if it turns out to be okay, I hope he talks about it.
it was before they were taken into the courtroom... so it does not apply really

(they were all dismissed from the courtroom and went home.. so the talk was before they got the rules for this case)

From In Session on Twitter:

"There are more people in court than usual for Casey Anthony jury selection, with about 30 to 35 spectators at the moment."

NOT FOR THE DP---Poor Judge P. He cannot get a break today. What a waste of time this day has been so far.

Right. And as HHJP has repeatedly said, they are not to assume that potential jurors are deaf, dumb and blind. Just not to have formed an opinion that they CANNOT set aside.

At least this PJ clarified that the discussion(s) were prior to the PJ's being brought in and getting HHJP's instructions.

Praying.

Great Post!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members