George Zimmerman's Injuries #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iliotibial band syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Illiotibial Band Syndrome applies to the knee joint. :) I am pretty certain that is what the medical person is referring to. You can get it when you hyperextend the joint side to side. I had it once.

That's ITBS. Irritable Bowl Syndrome is IBS, and they're talking about George's reported tummy aches/nausea. :cow: Emotionally-stress-induced in his case.

:rolleyes: Of course he needed to see a psychiatrist. He killed someone. And lived to face the consequences. Sucks for him. Sucks even more for Trayvon & his family. :cow:

You can rely on what you are told by others so long as you are comfortable with what they told you, but you still have to claim it as your personal knowledge otherwise you can't effectively swear to it. Swearing to something is exactly the same as saying I know this to be true on penalty of perjury. It is a statement to the Court, under oath.

Example:

I submit an affidavit swearing that on June 6, 2011, my office sent a letter to so-and-so which said x, y z. If I wrote and sent the letter, I can swear to it without reservation. If I did not write the letter I can attach it and swear to it because I've seen the letter and the normal business practice in my office is for letters to be sent on the day they are dated by the means identified in the letter. However, if I did not write or send the letter myself, but my colleague tells me that he wrote it and sent it, I can still swear to it (as in, its physically possible for me to do so). But if I don't independently verify that the letter was sent and/or attach it to my affidavit, my affidavit is, at best, deficient and subject to challenge on that basis. Which is exactly the point of O'Mara's questioning.

And you are right that O'Steen also signed the affidavit. So I stand corrected on that point. I've never seen (or at least never noticed) an affidavit signed by two people. Nonetheless, both affiants are independently responsible for the content of the entire document, imo, and Gilbreath is still locked in. I agree with Dershowitz that it is a deficient PCA...period, and I think O'Mara did a great job.

I'm not going to get into a back and forth about this but one officer can absolutely swear to information in an affidavit that was provided to him by another law enforcement officer, it does not have to be first hand information. It's done everday by police officers who fill out probable cause affidavits.

The attorney for Martin's parents, Natalie Jackson, is questioning the release of the medical records Tuesday that prosecutors have in the second-degree murder case against Zimmerman.

Jackson said she feels the report was leaked to try and help Zimmerman's defense, but Zimmerman's lawyer denies any involvement.

"Did your office leak that to make Mr. Zimmerman look better?" reporter Bob Kealing asked Mark O'Mara, Zimmerman's lawyer.

"Absolutely not," said O'Mara.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/trayvon-martin-extended-coverage/31072911/detail.html#ixzz1v4YcRJ1W

I'm not going to get into a back and forth about this but one officer can absolutely swear to information in an affidavit that was provided to him by another law enforcement officer, it does not have to be first hand information. It's done everday by police officers who fill out probable cause affidavits.

Seems like it's just a disagreement over semantics. I don't doubt that it's done every day, but every time it's done, the officer is swearing that he personally knows the information to be true, regardless of its source. That was the whole point of O'Mara's line of questioning. You swore to it, how do you know it to be true. jmo

So who leaked it? Sure wasn't the state. I wonder if GZ and his family did thinking it might help?

The EMS report will document that the patient "declined transport". There is no indication from what we have with the FP visit that he was considered for admission to the hospital at that point. And I can't imagine why he would have been with relatively minor injuries that can be managed as an outpatient.

I'm in agreement with those who have opined that it may have been GZs workplace who directed him to be seen and cleared before returning to work. It's entirely possible GZ himself did not independently seek the appointment because of his injuries.

But aside from that, it is what it is. He clearly had some injuries that were documented and examined by a licensed provider. And it was perfectly OK for him to see a PA in this instance. Both of the PA's listed have impeccable educational credentials-- far exceeding the minimum necessary for a PA. I really am concerned with all of the chatter that the PA (if that is who he saw) is going to be bashed because she is not a physician. I can see it coming, sadly.
I hope I'm wrong.

Thank you! Just as we thought, not injuries that support GZ being fearful of his life or serious injuries from the few licks that Trayvon got in before he was killed for no reason other than this man's ego and determination to catch one of those that kept getting away before.

And as a note, no, I don't doubt or criticize what this doctor or medical office did...what I doubt is how the information released is/will be spun to GZ's advantage. I notice no one of his supporters have aknowledged the fact that he DID NOT have life threatening injuries that justified even fear of death and killing Trayvon, but rather, these 'minor injuries'. But big man GZ who had the weight advantage and experience as a bouncer was for some reason terrified of TM's few punches.

I apologize if I am annoying everyone-so the police report does not reflect the injuries, either because of oversight or PD didnt think they were significant perhaps?

I am not implying or saying they werent, just trying to understand. Then the EMT report must reflect the injuries, correct? I will go find it if it has been released.

believe09, no reason for apology! I agree with what you've stated but do not think the EMT report has been released as yet. Hope it will be soon. This is BIG!! Thank you!

IMO

The attorney for Martin's parents, Natalie Jackson, is questioning the release of the medical records Tuesday that prosecutors have in the second-degree murder case against Zimmerman.

Jackson said she feels the report was leaked to try and help Zimmerman's defense, but Zimmerman's lawyer denies any involvement.

"Did your office leak that to make Mr. Zimmerman look better?" reporter Bob Kealing asked Mark O'Mara, Zimmerman's lawyer.

"Absolutely not," said O'Mara.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/trayvon-martin-extended-coverage/31072911/detail.html#ixzz1v4YcRJ1W

Then Bob Kealing sent this tweet which is false and I told him.

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing

#Zimmerman defense today denies leaking medical report detailing his broken nose, black eyes day after encounter with #TrayvonMartin.

https://twitter.com/#!/bobkealing

All MOM denied was releasing it to make Zimmerman look better. He never denied releasing it. imo

Thank you! Just as we thought, not injuries that support GZ being fearful of his life or serious injuries from the few licks that Trayvon got in before he was killed for no reason other than this man's ego and determination to catch one of those that kept getting away before.

And as a note, no, I don't doubt or criticize what this doctor or medical office did...what I doubt is how the information released is/will be spun to GZ's advantage. I notice no one of his supporters have aknowledged the fact that he DID NOT have life threatening injuries that justified even fear of death and killing Trayvon, but rather, these 'minor injuries'. But big man GZ who had the weight advantage and experience as a bouncer was for some reason terrified of TM's few punches.

believe09, no reason for apology! I agree with what you've stated but do not think the EMT report has been released as yet. Hope it will be soon. This is BIG!! Thank you!

IMO
BBM
I was unaware that GZ needs to show he suffered life threatening injurys in order to claim self defense?

So who leaked it? Sure wasn't the state. I wonder if GZ and his family did thinking it might help?
He wasn't asked if he released it. This was not a court document, it was just Georges medical report. There are no court stamps on the top of it.

If he gave it to ABC or sold it to them he could answer honestly he did not leak it because it was not a leak.

If he did release it he can say he did not "leak" it to help Zimmerman.

He can say anything he wants because ABC will never disclose who gave it to them.

Ok, so GZ has some injuries, :boohoo: He would not, IMO, have had them had he not pursued TM the way he did. TM was STANDING HIS OWN GROUND!!! Defending himself from this man who he felt threatened by. My story and I'm sticking to it :razz:

Ok, so GZ has some injuries, :boohoo: He would not, IMO, have had them had he not pursued TM the way he did. TM was STANDING HIS OWN GROUND!!! Defending himself from this man who he felt threatened by. My story and I'm sticking to it :razz:

Not if he threw the first punch. Then GZ was STANDING HIS OWN GROUND.

imo.

BBM
I was unaware that GZ needs to show he suffered life threatening injurys in order to claim self defense?

No..but I covered that in my 1st para. when I stated:

not injuries that support GZ being fearful of his life or serious injuries from the few licks that Trayvon got in [per SYG]

The 2nd para. pertained to all the life threatening injuries that have been claimed by GZ, his family and friends and supporters.

They do not have to be life threatening to be able to defend yourself under SYG.
Was this guy's life in danger when he chased, stabbed and killed someone because he was 'robbed'?

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/27/2717572/miami-dade-issues-ruling-in-stand.html

The doctor would not put on the report that he had a broken nose, likely or otherwise, simply because GZ told him so.

bbm

I know injuries do not have to be life threatening for someone to use Florida's mindless SYG laws.

That was not my point. My point is that the Zimmermans & friends have loudly claimed over and over that George WAS indeed afraid for his life because skinny Trayvon was inflicting serious, life threatening injuries upon him.

He was NOT -- unless you consider a *likely* broken nose, black eyes, and two tiny superficial head scratches that required neither stitches nor a band-aid to be serious and life threatening wounds

The Zimmermans have been LIARS and gross exaggerators from the beginning. Therefore I have no intention of believing anything else they might say unless there is absolute, convincing proof it's the truth. THAT was my point! _ :mad:

No..but I covered that in my 1st para. when I stated:

not injuries that support GZ being fearful of his life or serious injuries from the few licks that Trayvon got in [per SYG]

The 2nd para. pertained to all the life threatening injuries that have been claimed by GZ, his family and friends and supporters.
I believe that the injuries support a claim of self defense. I think I'll wait and see what GZ said himself about his injuries. I give little weight to the statements made by family and so called friends. JMO.

imo.

We don't know if he actually did, and even if he did, I'm sorry, it doesn't warrant him to shoot and kill because I truly do not believe GZ's life was being threatened. I believe GZ could have walked away because I also believe it was TM crying out for help! I wasn't there to see any of this, nor do I have all the correct info, I'm just going with my gut feeling :twocents:

imo.

Not if GZ was stalking him. In that case, Trayvon was provoked AND standing his ground. :moo:

BBM

Injuries may support the fact that there was some sort of physical confrontation. Happens every day.

IMO, the focus, we may find, is NOT whether these two sustained injuries from a physical confrontation. Rather whether or not that physical confrontation was provoked, who provoked it, and was it appropriate/necessary to do so whilst stalking and carrying a loaded weapon.

What happens to SYG defense in the case where the SYG-claimant who was armed and aggressive, provoked the victim into a confrontation, then took the opportunity of the confrontation to kill? :moo:

Just wonderin'.

IMO, he's calling the shots as to what gets released. Anything that makes his client look good will come out and anything that casts any doubt (or as O'Mara calls it "inflammatory evidence") will be held back. He's got this all figured out while the lottery pot grows. imo

Bingo !!

Injuries may support the fact that there was some sort of physical confrontation. Happens every day.

IMO, the focus, we may find, is NOT whether these two sustained injuries from a physical confrontation. Rather whether or not that physical confrontation was provoked, who provoked it, and was it appropriate/necessary to do so whilst stalking and carrying a loaded weapon.

What happens to SYG defense in the case where the SYG-claimant who was armed and aggressive, provoked the victim into a confrontation, then took the opportunity of the confrontation to kill? :moo:

Just wonderin'.

If by provoked you mean hitting someone in the nose knocking him to the ground and bashing his head to the ground after they ask you a question, then yes SYG or even plain old self defense would be justified. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member