17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea, have no gun nor a desire to carry one. I'm quite satisfied not to think I'm a big man just because I have one strapped to my waistline.

~jmo~
Then why do you think it's so unreasonable that he was able to holster his weapon? No witnesses claim he had it out and was walking around with it. That's where the police found it. It doesn't take much effort.

Snipped - Wouldn't let me quote your quote.

So, as stated in the statute, Trayvon Martin had the right to Stand His Ground. Thanks. Clears it up for me. :seeya:

Still very far behind but this post bears repeating. THIS ^^ is exactly what should be deemed important here.
GZ was the aggressor/stalker/pursuer even after he was told not to follow TM any longer. (and yes GZ WAS chasing after him. You can clearly hear in the 911 call that GZ was running/jogging)
I believe TM's girlfriend when she says TM was scared and began walking faster to get away from GZ
I believe that TM was trying to get home as fast as possible to get away from this grown man that was stalking him.
I believe that once GZ "caught" TM (weapon drawn or not, I don't know, but I'm leaning towards it being drawn)--that TM was the one that had a right to stand HIS ground. IMO

Thanks AngelWings.

Would that be an unreasonable thought to go through your mind as someone's repeatedly bashing your head into the ground?

My immediate thought would be to grab or kick towards the "area" as hard as I could. Lorena Bobbit is my hero! :floorlaugh:

Ok i keep seeing it posted that GZ's head was repeatedly banged into the pavement.But didnt a witness state that the altercation took place on the grass 4 feet away from the concrete???????:moo::moo: GZ is a liar!!!:moo::moo::moo:

Then why do you think it's so unreasonable that he was able to holster his weapon? No witnesses claim he had it out and was walking around with it. That's where the police found it. It doesn't take much effort.

Well I just fell to understand how he managed to reholster it if he was barely conscious. Poor Zimmerman, always the consummate professional when he comes to handling his gun. :sick:

~jmo~

Ok i keep seeing it posted that GZ's head was repeatedly banged into the pavement.But didnt a witness state that the altercation took place on the grass 4 feet away from the concrete???????:moo::moo: GZ is a liar!!!:moo::moo::moo:

I still wish Trayvon has slammed George's head so hard on the cement that it would have knocked him unconscious... that way Trayvon would have at least lived. Worry about the assault charges later!

MOO

Of course it took place in the grass because Trayvon's head was facing away from the sidewalk with his feet resting on it. No one was banging Zimmerman's head into the pavement unless you believe what his father and his big brother say or perhaps those witnesses that the police helped remember the details of that night.

~jmo~

Well I just fell to understand how he managed to reholster it if he was barely conscious. Poor Zimmerman, always the consummate professional when he comes to handling his gun. :sick:

~jmo~
That's where your weapon goes. In its holster. It doesn't get tossed on the ground. It doesn't get waved around when you know cops are coming. It doesn't get handed to someone else. It goes in your holster. Anyone that's carried for any amount of time is used to having it in its holster. That's its home; that's where it belongs. It's not a far stretch to think he returned it to the place he assumedly always kept it.

I've already demonstrated why the provisions in this law are far from necessary. People had the right to protect themselves outside their home if they made a reasonable attempt to retreat first. They could also be arrested and held in jail for months while they and their family suffers for the actions of a pure criminal. They could lose their job, their admission to college, their children if it's a single parent...

There is nothing wrong with this law. If the police are corrupt, the police are corrupt. No legislation will change that. If there was an unlawful use of force, there are remedies for prosecuting the individual to the fullest extent of the law. I fail to see the problem here. The law protects the victims of violent crime, while allowing those that overstep their right to self defense to be prosecuted for manslaughter or greater.

BBM
What cases have there been previous to the SYG laws of people who were only protecting themselves being held in jail and tried for doing just that? I don't know of a significant number of that situation. Yes, there may have been cases that were not clear cut but that is what the justice system is for.

This law goes too far IMO, JMO, etc.

Would that be an unreasonable thought to go through your mind as someone's repeatedly bashing your head into the ground?

I might fear injury, but I wouldn't be thinking, "That's six, that's seven, okay I gotta move because just one more and I'm toast!" as RZ Jr's words imply GZ was thinking.

If RZ had simply said GZ feared being hurt so bad that he could even end up being paralyzed, it would have been much more believable and less ridiculous. But the spoonfeeding and diapers--over the top. And I agree with the quote Lola Moon quoted--exaggeration ruins one's credibility.

Of course it took place in the grass because Trayvon's head was facing away from the sidewalk with his feet resting on it. No one was banging Zimmerman's head into the pavement unless you believe what his father and his big brother say or perhaps those witnesses that the police helped remember the details of that night.

~jmo~
No i do NOT believe his father brother or anyone in his camp..IMHO JMHO and all that And i wish Trayvon would have knocked him senseless then he would most likely be alive.....IMHO

Very likely, but I wouldn't be thinking, "That's six, that's seven, okay I gotta move because just one more and I'm toast!" as RZ Jr's words imply GZ was thinking.

If RZ had simply said GZ feared being hurt so bad that he could even end up being paralyzed, it would have been much more believable and less ridiculous. But the spoonfeeding and diapers--over the top. And I agree with the quote Lola Moon quoted--exaggeration ruins one's credibility.

and please Izzy don't forget that he was barely conscious.

~jmo~

I've never been in a fight on the grass... but can you get grass burn much like you can get carpet burn? Could George's head injury been grass burns? Maybe a stick poking him in the head?

ETA: Yes, this is a serious question.

Very likely, but I wouldn't be thinking, "That's six, that's seven, okay I gotta move because just one more and I'm toast!" as RZ Jr's words imply GZ was thinking.

I thought it just implied Zimmerman was afraid the next blow might end him?

I've never been in a fight on the grass... but can you get grass burn much like you can get carpet burn? Could George's head injury been grass burns? Maybe a stick poking him in the head?

ETA: Yes, this is a serious question.

lol, his head would have been a nice shade of green. Yeah, you can get things similar to rugburn from the ground. I'd imagine it would also bleed a lot on the head.

BBM
What cases have there been previous to the SYG laws of people who were only protecting themselves being held in jail and tried for doing just that? I don't know of a significant number of that situation. Yes, there may have been cases that were not clear cut but that is what the justice system is for.

This law goes too far IMO, JMO, etc.
How many people do you know of that were never arrested when clearly guilty because of the Stand Your Ground law in place? It doesn't prohibit investigations.

I don't think George shot Trayvon while Trayvon was on top of him beating him up. I do believe that they were wrestling over the gun that George Zimmerman made sure Trayvon knew about. I believe when Trayvon realized that he lost the battle over the gun, he was getting up so that he could run and that is when George shot Trayvon. Trayvon then grabbed his gunshot wound and turned around thinking he may still be able to run and just collapsed. Almost an instant death.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member