17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what makes me laugh, as a Floridian?? When I'm at the parks in Orlando and people wear poncho's on water rides? I'm like WHAT?? What's the point in that? You'll dry in ten minutes from May-Oct. Also, I went to the Blue Man Group concert and I really wanted front seats, but they were sold out, and everyone was wearing poncho's because they didn't want to get paint on themselves? That's part of the experience?

It just makes no sense to me! Enjoy life. Enjoy rain. Enjoy it all... as we don't live forever.

Walking/Running/Working out in the rain is part of life. There is nothing wrong or out of the ordinary by doing any of these things.

MOO

OT Love your outlook. There's nothing as refreshing as a good rain shower when one is in the infield at Daytona! I remember when peeps would take a dip in the lake to cool off! I am dating myself LOL!

Back on topic....

I just don't see anything nefarious about anyone walking in the rain. I don't live in FL but I live in a small beach town and I walk or ride my bike everywhere I need to go regardless of the weather as do many year round residents. It is quicker due to the tourist traffic. I do wear my hoodie if it's raining tho.

Perhaps I am so accustomed to foot/bike traffic of our colorful residents round here that I cannot understand GZ's suspicions of Trayvon. We've had lot's of thefts on our street from petty (stolen cd's from an unlocked car) to major (some a holes stole mr wm's boat) but I don't dial up 911 about every suspicious person I see walking down the street, I'd be on the phone all day!

I realized this comparison is prolly apples to oranges but I just can't wrap my head around why GZ targeted Trayvon unless TM looked like one of those
a-holes who always got away......which is profiling, IMO.

moo

wm

The point your missing is that it is not up to GZ to determine if he has sustained enough pounding to cause a head injury. He only has to be in fear of losing his life to use deadly force. I think he will be able to show that a reasonable person, who is being straddled by someone who is "beating him up" according to the witness, would have used deadly force in his situation.

He will probably argue that he has no mode of escape since he was being straddled, and that his choices were to continue to be assulted, or use his firearm.

If GZ was straddled, head beaten against the pavement, he would have other injuries to his arms, elbows, back, from fighting for his life. IF GZ was straddled, the chances of him pulling his gun out are slim to none. Trayvon must have been retreating or backing off for GZ to get out his gun and shoot him, if you want to believe that scenario.

I know from personal experience, if you are having your head beat against the ground, the marks and bruising on other parts of your body, are almost as bad as the head injury. All leave marks.

JMO

Thank you so much for the map Concerned Papa. Maybe you have posted this map before on one of these threads where you marked the location of the altercation. Can you please point me to that? Thanks so much!

Sorry that I didn't link my question to your post Concerned Papa.

I was wondering if anyone knows...

If GZ testifies at the SYG immunity hearing and loses, would/could what he said on the stand be used for or against him at trial? (if it gets that far). Or would that be off limits? IYKWIM

Sorry if this has been addressed already.

Respectfully, I disagree. I have read several comments referring to AC's charging document as if everything in it is fact. IMO

I agree with mommakk51. We have no proof that GZ provoked a physical confrontation.. I'm not going to just assume "if it's in AC's charging document", it must be true.If this goes to trial, a Jury will decide whether GZ provoked a physical confrontation. After seeing and hearing all the evidence, a Jury may have a different opinion.
I am one of those people you are referring to. I did not take AC's charging document as fact. What I said, and meant was, I believe she has the facts of the case so far, saw fit to charge him with 2nd degree murder and I believe her more than GZ's family who have been on a media blitz. I continually say, I will stick with the charging document for now. :seeya:

I've lived in Florida that long too and I see people everyday working out in the rain, walking in the rain, running errands in the rain, I personally like to dance in the rain and play in the rain -- as long as it isn't lightening. Rain isn't going to kill you -- you're not going to melt. I gave up on umbrellas years ago because I get just as soaked with them --- I will wear a hoodie over my head if it's raining too hard though.

I understand that you personally don't like to get wet, but a lot of people don't mind getting wet. I've been to football games in Tampa in Sept/Oct and we pray for it to rain it is so hot! I've never in my life used a poncho! Let me get wet!

Same here Lola. If I could get away with it, I'd dance naked in the rain - course I'm going through menopause... :blushing:

The quoted part of your post left out a very important part of the statute:

(2) Under those circumstances permitted pursuant to s. 776.013.

776.013 just happens to be the SYG part, which is this:

snipped and bbm for relevance~

776.013 Home protection; use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.—

(3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

According to GZ (and his version is what his defense will be, like it or not), is that Trayvon attacked him where GZ had the right to be and, therefore, that GZ had the right to use force, even deadly force, "to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself." The words "to prevent the commission of a forcible felony" are in the disjunctive - "or." And, he had no duty to retreat. jmoo

There's the problem then. All we can do is wait for the autoposy report for Trayvons version of what happened. I understand GZ did not have to retreat, even though he had an open field, the law states he did not have to do this.
According to GZ the felony he was preventing was Trayvon attacking him, and again this his GZ stating this. Trayvon may have another version, through his autoposy report :-(

DOJ investigating 17 police, sheriff departments...

The shooting of Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Fla., has sparked a Justice Department investigation of that city's police force. Authorities will be looking for possible civil rights violations in other cases.

There are currently 17 major police and sheriff's departments under investigation for alleged civil rights abuses across the country. Those alleged abuses include the fatal shooting of a homeless Native American man on a street corner in Seattle, the killing of James Chasse, a 42 year-old schizophrenic from Portland, and the beating of an inmate in a South Carolina jail.

http://www.kxlf.com/news/doj-investigating-17-police-sheriff-departments/

the poster is referring to the alleged claim by GZ that TM was straddling him and beating his (GZ's) head against the sidewalk.

I think. As far as I know there are no independent witnesses to that alleged beating. There are several witnesses to GZ straddling a deceased/just shot TM.

I thought there was someone who saw the man in the "red sweater" on the bottom, yelling for help. That's been reported for a while now. IMO, it was a struggle. At one point GZ was on the bottom and at another point TM was. That's why there are conflicting witness accounts.

JMO, OMO and :moo:

Thank you so much for the map. Maybe you have posted this map before on one of these threads where you marked the location of the altercation. Can you please point me to that? Thanks so much!

The Zimmerman story says somewhere near the red X.

TMcityslick-1.jpg

Along with numerous other problems with their story, the SPD and SFD Fire and Rescue say the body was here:

Untitled-2.png

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7800364&postcount=858"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #26[/ame]

If GZ was straddled, head beaten against the pavement, he would have other injuries to his arms, elbows, back, from fighting for his life. IF GZ was straddled, the chances of him pulling his gun out are slim to none. Trayvon must have been retreating or backing off for GZ to get out his gun and shoot him, if you want to believe that scenario.

I know from personal experience, if you are having your head beat against the ground, the marks and bruising on other parts of your body, are almost as bad as the head injury. All leave marks.

JMO

I'm so sorry. :(

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one in a few...

The shooting of Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Fla., has sparked a Justice Department investigation of that city's police force. Authorities will be looking for possible civil rights violations in other cases.

There are currently 17 major police and sheriff's departments under investigation for alleged civil rights abuses across the country. Those alleged abuses include the fatal shooting of a homeless Native American man on a street corner in Seattle, the killing of James Chasse, a 42 year-old schizophrenic from Portland, and the beating of an inmate in a South Carolina jail.

:jumping:

Here's to heads rolling!

Ok... Heads up, closing thread in 1 minute! Please continue here...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7801545#post7801545"]17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #27 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

"CBS This Morning." "Ninety-nine percent of police officers, of course, 18,000 law enforcement agencies in the country go to work and do a great job every day. I think when you see 17 of these going, you might see more of them, that's the Justice Department's posture on this, which is we're going to get into these things.

bbm wonder what that means :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member