Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are some of you assuming the girls hadn't eaten all day? It only takes two to three hours for the stomach to empty, so even if they had eaten a couple of meals that day their stomachs could still be empty at 5:00 p.m. They did take the internal temperatures of the girls as indicated on the autopsy report, so if they were killed any earlier LE should be able to tell that. If it was a really hot day though the body temp might not have dropped.

Well you are right. Maybe they did eat earlier in the day. I hope so :)

Wasn't Kelough the ones that talked about the gun shot sounds? Will try and go back and find a link.
Yes Busy, it was a Rebecca Kelough.

Also there was an Eldon Kelough in one article...............both photo shots are in the Photo thread.

I'm still confused as to why there would be writings on the bodies of the girls and think this may have some significance. I keep coming back to the "Z"s and the placement of them on the back side of the bodies. Am I the only one that thinks this way?

I'm still confused as to why there would be writings on the bodies of the girls and think this may have some significance. I keep coming back to the "Z"s and the placement of them on the back side of the bodies. Am I the only one that thinks this way?
I don't know how others feel, but I personally don't think the markings had a thing to do with anything other than what some young girls do during sleep overs.

I think its just typical girls doing what they do. I think the markings are all geared towards Highschool Musical stuff.

I wouldn't consider that a typical act with teenage girls myself. At least I've never seen it done to that extent. But then I don't have any teenage girls.

I wouldn't consider that a typical act with teenage girls myself. At least I've never seen it done to that extent. But then I don't have any teenage girls.

I've noted that my "pre-teen" does it, too. Seems even more common nowadays than earlier -- though it wasn't unheard of even when *I* was the teen.... :)

I think the shot in the mouth to Taylor maybe very telling..to silence her perhaps?

I think its just typical girls doing what they do. I think the markings are all geared towards Highschool Musical stuff.

I would have to say that I don't agree with you. I have both an 11 and 13 year old. Neither they or their friends have ever been enamored enough with Zac Efron to write Z's on paper, dry erase board, much less their bodies. They are however, completely smitten with the Jonas Brothers and like Drake and Josh, and others currently in the main stream. I also have an 11 year old niece that lives close to that area and she has no "idol-type" interest in Zac. IMO, it is representing someone or something else. The only Z that has come up in the family is Zjaiton Wood, Lanita Bateman's boyfriend..behind bars since 2005. Far fetched, I'll admit.

But my mind does keep going back to gang involvement/retailation.It's already been pointed out that his Zjaiton's tats indicate he is a member of the Hoover 107 gang. The largest gang in Tulsa is the self-styled "107 Hoover Crips," with numerous cells of about 12-20 people applying some variation of the original L.A. gang's name to themselves. -per Cults of Violence article dated 8/1/07. Supposedly their biggest rival is the "neighborhood crips". Could anyone imagine these girls were killed by an opposing gang?

I have a teenage boy and a teenage girl and they both write on themselves or kids at school do. I have a nine and ten year old and they love Zac Effron but they haven't started writing on each other or themselves yet. I think Skyla and Taylor were just goofing off with the writing. Not sure what the Z stood for.

OK, so if the "Z" is for Zac what do the two hash marks intersecting the Z stand for?
Since it was drawn this way on both girls, it must mean something.

OK, so if the "Z" is for Zac what do the two hash marks intersecting the Z stand for?
Since it was drawn this way on both girls, it must mean something.

I cannot open the autopsy reports on the computer I'm on (it would crash it... :rolleyes:) but I did read them a day or two ago. IIRC - and I could be wrong - there were no hash marks on Skyla's. I, too, was wondering about the hash marks on Taylor's, but wrote it off as marks that the ME had made for scrapes. He used similar marking to denote scrapes, I think. I did not read the reports word-for-word, so perhaps the ME did describe the Z as having two hash marks. When I get a chance to pull them up on another computer, I'll do so. Until then, maybe someone else could clarify...? Thanks!

Just wanted to update you all, our trip is being delayed. The load were taking out West is a load of chicken. The load is not loaded yet and when it is loaded it will take the first driver of it 4 hours to get it to us. So were far behind. But we still have our flyers and have the plan to stop in the area we just will not be making it there tonight. It is 4:30 here and it takes us about 9 hours to make it to that stop, and were not even on the road yet. We will still make the stop, just not at the time we expected. I wanted to let you all know so you wont be expecting any news from us tonight or in the AM.

One of the girls had written Zac is so hot, think vanessa was written also which all points to High School Musical. In addition, was it said earlier they playhouse at Taylors house where she would paint etc was decorated with High School Musical stuff?

The Z could mean something entirely different and not have anything to do with High School Musical it just made sense to me with the other markings that it was tied to High School Musical.

After thinking about the autopsy for a while I think there were two shooters. My guess is LE is almost certain there were two shooters but they aren't saying that.

What the witness probably heard were both guns firing rapidly, then a pause, then the final shots. The final shots would have been from both guns.

What I would like to know is how long the pause was. From what the witness said I get the impression it wasn't very long. To me, that doesn't sound like a situation that suddenly escalated out of control but rather a situation where the two knew what they were going to do when they arrived by the girls.

I cannot open the autopsy reports on the computer I'm on (it would crash it... :rolleyes:) but I did read them a day or two ago. IIRC - and I could be wrong - there were no hash marks on Skyla's. I, too, was wondering about the hash marks on Taylor's, but wrote it off as marks that the ME had made for scrapes. He used similar marking to denote scrapes, I think. I did not read the reports word-for-word, so perhaps the ME did describe the Z as having two hash marks. When I get a chance to pull them up on another computer, I'll do so. Until then, maybe someone else could clarify...? Thanks!

You are right. There are only hash marks on the Zs on Taylor. I was wrong about them being on both girls.

One of the girls had written Zac is so hot, think vanessa was written also which all points to High School Musical. In addition, was it said earlier they playhouse at Taylors house where she would paint etc was decorated with High School Musical stuff?

The Z could mean something entirely different and not have anything to do with High School Musical it just made sense to me with the other markings that it was tied to High School Musical.

You may well be right. I'm just looking for anything unusual in those markings.

You may well be right. I'm just looking for anything unusual in those markings.

Me too. I'm just trying to find anything unusual and probably just chasing my tail.

clipped for length
Per my buddy in Weleetka these are local people LE would like to talk to - the Southerns live (most of the time) less than 2 miles from the crime scene near the Keloughs off Bryant Road.

Tavis B Southern is married to Crystal Harris - Crystal's brother is Dillon Harris. Crystal and Dillon's mother (deceased) was Gail Kelough.
Since the Kelough name was brought up, and the name Crystal I thought I'd post what I found...............

BARBARA KELOUGH McCRAKEN
WELEETKA — Graveside services
for Barbara McCraken were held Oct. 6 at
the Kelough Family Cemetery with Rev.
Steve Gniech officiating.
Barbara was born March 18, 1961 to
Eugene and Louise (Barnett) Kelough. She
was a member of the Pipeliner’s Union Local
#798 in Tulsa.
Her hobbies included singing, being with
her friends and family, taking care of her
horses and dogs, and was a big fan of John
Wayne.
She was preceded in death by: her parents;
husband, James McCraken; and one sister,
Donna Satawake.
Survivors included: three children, Crystal
Gail Kelough and Dillon Scott Harris both
of Oklahoma City, and Brett Douglas of
Weleetka; seven siblings, Jimmy Kelough of
Oklahoma City, Tony, Eldon, Cort Kelough,
Jean Mead, Patricia Zismer, and Loretta Dover,
all of Weleetka; three grandchildren, and
other friends and loved ones who greatly miss
her.

DONNA FAYE SATAWAKE
WELEETKA — Graveside services
for Donna Satawake were held Oct. 7 at the
Hillcrest Cemetery with Rev. Steve Gniech
officiating.

Faye was born February 9, 1943 to
Warren and Louise (Barnett) Watson. She
was employed in Pharoah at the Box Factory
which later became the Sewing Factory.
Donna was preceded in death by: her
parents; her husband, Bobby; and one sister,
Barbara Gail Kelough.
Survivors include: two children,
Roxanne Satawake and Tonya Southern,
both of Tulsa; seven siblings, Jean Mead,
Patricia Zismer and Loretta Dover, all of
Weleetka, Jimmy Kelough of Oklahoma City,
Tony, Eldon, and Cort, all of Weleetka;

grandchildren, and a host of friends and relatives.

October 2005 MUSCOGEE NATION NEWS Section B, Page 7
http://www.muscogeenation-nsn.gov/MNN/MNN%20Online/october-05.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members