TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does "DISPOSITION: Order" mean? I only see one other case on the docket with that phrasing.

I wondered the same thing. Surely there has been no ruling if it is on the motion docket. Thinking maybe something to do with the way the document is condensed to show the style of each case? Not sure. Circuit dockets are much easier to read in my opinion. Still wonder why he chose Chancery.

And, naturally, she is listed as having "no counsel of record." I wonder if her family should consider retaining one to represent her interests. That would at least force a notification of any pleadings filed or hearings scheduled--if that could be done under the circumstances. I wonder if she personally would have to retain her own attorney.

Great catch. The very next sentence in the article is "It was a bizzare conversation and Diane wonders if it's in any way connected to Gail's husband, Matthew Palmgren."

That has to be where the Fox affiliate got their little "mystery intensified" idea about the phone call.

One has to wonder if she saw the vehicle following her the day she returned back home. If she was scared, she could have left her DL and credit cards behind because she was distracted. I would love to know if SB saw the strange vehicle the day she last saw Gail driving off.

bolded by me.

So even Diane didn't know if Gail's fear had anything to do with Matt? This is so weird.

Well, I went to a legal dictionary online :)

"Disposition" means "The manner in which a case is settled or resolved."

"Order" means "A written direction of a court or judge to do or refrain from doing certain acts."

Does this mean the court has issued the restraining order against Gail and given Matt the exclusive use of possession of marital residence?

"Order" means "A written direction of a court or judge to do or refrain from doing certain acts."

Does this mean the court has issued the restraining order against Gail and given Matt the exclusive use of possession of marital residence?

I don't think so. A court order is much more legalese than two words. I suspect that the document posted for the docket is a frame waiting for the typing of the disposition of the case after the hearing. Maybe the typist just got a little ahead?

I really don't know, except that it makes no sense for it to appear on the docket if it has already been ruled upon. I think a hearing is scheduled for Monday, although that can change without revision of the posted docket.

If I were her sister, I would be in that courtroom on Monday to be sure no sneaky business took place behind the scenes. Easier to prevent a ruling than reverse one.

I think that is what initially happened....that is usually what happens when a party asks for a motion ex parte (basically, without the other party present). Usually when an ex parte order is issued there is then a future date set for a full hearing when the other party has a chance to respond. My guess is that the motion to continue will be made on 5/23....they are probably waiting until the last minute in case GP shows up in the meantime. The continued motion will probably definitely be granted as I see it, since someone does need to have custody of the children and GP is not around.

I don't think they have ruled yet because it's scheduled for Monday. I think it means that is what the husband and his counsel are asking for that.

When the ruling comes down, I'll get my daughter in Law School to decipher it. :) She knows her civil procedure.

The problem I see for the husband is this idea that his wife is mentally ill. If the judge has heard anything about this case, he might ask for proof that a restraining order is necessary. There is no proof I can see that she was going to flee with the children, since she brought them back home after Alabama. Police say they have no proof that Gail had a problem with mental illness.

But you never really know how the Judiciary in Chattanooga is going to rule. We have some weird old Judges, for sure.

However, if she is found alive and has a story to tell, this could turn around and change on the husband really fast. He may get custody because she is missing, but that's about it, in my opinion.

Can someone please give me Gail's DOB, and the date and time of the phone call with her sister? Or a verified last seen date/time? TIA
3-18-1967
If the phone call was moments after she was least seen that would make the call on 4/30 somewhere between 12 and 12:15,imo.

I don't think they have ruled yet because it's scheduled for Monday. I think it means that is what the husband and his counsel are asking for that.

When the ruling comes down, I'll get my daughter in Law School to decipher it. :) She knows her civil procedure.

The problem I see for the husband is this idea that his wife is mentally ill. If the judge has heard anything about this case, he might ask for proof that a restraining order is necessary. There is no proof I can see that she was going to flee with the children, since she brought them back home after Alabama. Police say they have no proof that Gail had a problem with mental illness.

But you never really know how the Judiciary in Chattanooga is going to rule. We have some weird old Judges, for sure.

However, if she is found alive and has a story to tell, this could turn around and change on the husband really fast. He may get custody because she is missing, but that's about it, in my opinion.

From a practical standpoint, it probably makes no difference if anyone is there on Gail's behalf, I suppose. There's just something about the idea of him and his counsel being at the hearing presenting HIS case to the judge with no one to speak for her at all...to "object" to anything said...that seems obscene to me.

http://www.hamiltontn.gov/courts/Chancery/dockets/data/052311.pdf

On docket, p. 25, set for Monday. Part 2, Chancellor Atherton

Motion for all to be granted ex parte? I thought I read that there would be a continuance since Gail could not be located.

Hmmmmm, this is scheduled for May 23rd. I thought the continuance was listed in the MSM as June 3rd. ?

ETA: It's here, http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/18/sightings-missing-signal-mountain-woman-uncomfirme/

MATTHEW CHARLES ) DAVIS & HOSS [FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook][FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook](Bryan Hoss) [/FONT][/FONT]
0364 PALMGREN ) (1) [FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook][FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook]EX-PARTE MOTION FOR [/FONT][/FONT]
) [FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook][FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook]RESTRAINING ORDER AND [/FONT][/FONT]
) [FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook][FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook]TEMPORARY CUSTODY [/FONT][/FONT]
) (2) [FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook][FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook]EX-PARTE MOTION FOR [/FONT][/FONT]
) [FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook][FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook]EXCLUSIVE USE OF POSSESSION [/FONT][/FONT]
) [FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook][FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook]OF MARITAL RESIDENCE [/FONT][/FONT]
)
VS. )
)
)
GAIL NOWACKI ) NO COUNSEL OF RECORD
PALMGREN )
)
[FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook][FONT=Century Schoolbook,Century Schoolbook]DISPOSITION: [/FONT][/FONT]

I hope something breaks before the 23rd.

I keep reading that Gail was let go of her job last year but no reason was given. Does anyone have any inside info on why she was let go or fired?

What sucks about this case is that we can't safely assume that LE has done the routine things we'd think they'd have done by now. They only asked AL to look at the vacation house last week. Not search it, mind you, to my understanding (from the wording of the article) they only checked it. Like, knocked on the door to see if anyone is there and look for a car.

Too quite. Where are the locals?

Do we know how long she was home after returning from Alabama before leaving?

I'm new here obviously, so I have a question for those more experienced here.

From what I can tell, there's not any major network coverage of this in AL, outside of the area where Gail's AL house is located. (Meaning the parts of AL north of Montgomery/Wetumpka) I don't know that there hasn't been any at all, but I'm not finding any.

I realize media coverage of this overall has been lacking from the beginning, even in TN. But, since Gail has a residence in AL, a vehicle with AL tags, and probably drove through central and northeastern AL at least on the 29th and 30th, shouldn't they be looking for sightings of her and her vehicle in those parts of AL too? Whether it would be for reasons to help with the timeline, or maybe a sighting of her vehicle after the phone ping.

I guess my real question is... If LE knows something that they're not releasing to the public for a reason, and they haven't sought more coverage in AL, could it possibly hinder the investigation if an individual tries to get more coverage from the news stations in AL?

ATRUEFRIEND, it sounds like you are very close/local to this case. Can you please contact a moderator (u can use the little exclamation/triangle in the corner of your own post) and get verified as a local. Thank you and welcome.

Great article, Sleuthy1. Turns out Gail had two homes in Alabama! I assume both have been searched.

any chance of finding out the names of the assigned officers?

if LE would publicly release the time/tower log of Gail's cell phone pings
it could monumentally aid in the search for Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members