GUILTY OK - Donald 'Joe' Neff, 61, Poteau, 14 May 2009 - #2

On the link that ColdPizza posted above said another hearing Dec. 18th, but can't find out what happened??

Anyone? TIA! :wave:

I'm searching, but no luck yet! Prayers for MMD! I have walked in your shoes sweetheart. Let your dads love, give you all the strength you need. :blowkiss:

I posted to Marie; I also asked about the 18th; will let you know what she says...

Me I want to wish Joe's family & loved ones some peace this Christmas <3

MMD Thank you so much. I have to say that this Christmas there is a peace in my heart. Knowing the trial is coming soon. The arrest didn't take away the pain but there is comfort in knowing justice is coming swiftly. I miss my daddy so much. Thank you and Merry Christmas!!

WOW! I remember reading about this case years ago! Praying Justice will Prevail! Looks like they have strong evidence!

So glad to hear there is resolution coming in Joe's case.

My thoughts are with you MMD, and your loved ones. I hope this year will see justice for your Dad, and bring a measure of peace to your hearts :hug:

Rest in Peace Mr. Neff
:rose::rose::rose:

Hello everyone!! Just an update. The trial has been set for May 5th 2014. We have to go the end of April to make sure his attorney Mr Schmuck. (I promise that's his real name. Lol.) Has everything in order to proceed so it might change. I want to thank each and every one of you. For every thought and prayer. I'm so humbled and proud all at the same time. That in a time when I lost faith in this cruel world. I've been embraced by friends and strangers who gave me hope in this world again. You have no idea how much it has meant to me knowing there are such good people out there. I hope I can be a glimmer hope to someone as you have all been to me. This site is a blessing. You all are blessings. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. From me and my dad, Joe. He would have appreciated you too. GOD BLESS YOU!!!
I'll update you as soon as I hear anything different.

Thanks for checking in missingmydad! You hold a very special place in so many hearts :grouphug: Your post brought tears to my eyes and a little chuckle too.

Hello everyone!! Just an update. The trial has been set for May 5th 2014. We have to go the end of April to make sure his attorney Mr Schmuck. (I promise that's his real name. Lol.) Has everything in order to proceed so it might change. I want to thank each and every one of you. For every thought and prayer. I'm so humbled and proud all at the same time. That in a time when I lost faith in this cruel world. I've been embraced by friends and strangers who gave me hope in this world again. You have no idea how much it has meant to me knowing there are such good people out there. I hope I can be a glimmer hope to someone as you have all been to me. This site is a blessing. You all are blessings. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. From me and my dad, Joe. He would have appreciated you too. GOD BLESS YOU!!!
I'll update you as soon as I hear anything different.

Sorry it has taken me so long to comment.. Very hard time of the year for me... My dad has been gone 8 years tomorrow; my elderly neighbor from our last house passed away a year ago January 31st. He had a hernia that strangled his intestines. Had just had a pace maker; which I was highly against; he could have passed peacefully in his sleep. No clue how doctors missed it because he had been admitted a few times for 30+ days the last 6 months of his life.

Please take time to heal yourself. This has been an extremely hard and emotional last 4 years for you and your family. Seeing your moms name mentioned in the articles puts a knife in my heart; I can't imagine what it does to you. Your family has suffered enough; I do not know why reporters need to do that. So please get through the trial before thinking of helping someone else. Sending prayers; strength; love & hugs.

Do you know how sick he is? Really want him to rot in prison. Do not want him getting off easy by passing away. I do not understand why they can't take possession of his property to help pay an attorney. Why should he qualify to use tax payer money? Really upsets me after what he did to your dad; family; loved ones and everyone else that your dad touched. I don't understand how anyone can do that to such a wonderful; caring man.

Cameron Man Bound Over In Ex-Brother-In-Law's Slaying Under cross-examination by Oklahoma Indigent Defense System attorney Doug Schmuck, Lamb clarified that Nichols’ cellmate was not present, and only Lamb heard what Nichols said.

Thanks for checking in missingmydad! You hold a very special place in so many hearts :grouphug: Your post brought tears to my eyes and a little chuckle too.

Ditto, Coldpizza !!

Sometimes I question why we spend our time here instead of the more upbeat, fun places we could be ... MMD's post gives us the answer and all the reward we need.

MMD, you sure are your Dad's daughter and I have no doubt he knew and knows how very much you love him and will for always. He must have been a grand man to have raised a gal like you !!

Ditto, Coldpizza !!

Sometimes I question why we spend our time here instead of the more upbeat, fun places we could be ... MMD's post gives us the answer and all the reward we need.

MMD, you sure are your Dad's daughter and I have no doubt he knew and knows how very much you love him and will for always. He must have been a grand man to have raised a gal like you !!

Thank you!! One thing I know for sure, my dad knew I was crazy about him. I love him as big as the world. I'm so happy I told him all the time. I'm so proud to be his daughter. How sweet of you to say. Bless you. (((Hugs)))

Hey missingmydad....Very sorry about your dad..Never ever, ever, give up searching and praying for the truth and justice for him..

I ran across your Dad's thread while researching Israel Keyes & one of his many possible unknown victims; Pastor Carol Daniels(OK - 2009). The research led me to Nicole Rilee Wilson's abduction and murder. Her case, from what I have read likely involved a very dark psychopath, imo.
Noticed in the last thread where you mentioned that your Dad's abduction and murder may have been committed by a serial killer. Have you followed AK serial killer Israel Keyes' WS Threads? There are multiple threads on IK. Discovery ID Dark Minds aired a 2nd episode on him on 04/02/2014. OK was one of his hunting grounds. IK, had no victim profile, committed robberies, hid kill kits around the nation, and used water/lakes to dispose of victims/forensically aware, was an alcoholic and likely frequented bars.

Investigation Discovery's DARK MINDS: "The Secrets of Israel Keyes" 2-hr. episode
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240003&highlight=israel+keyes

Hey missingmydad....Very sorry about your dad..Never ever, ever, give up searching and praying for the truth and justice for him..

I ran across your Dad's thread while researching Israel Keyes & one of his many possible unknown victims; Pastor Carol Daniels(OK - 2009). The research led me to Nicole Rilee Wilson's abduction and murder. Her case, from what I have read likely involved a very dark psychopath, imo.
Noticed in the last thread where you mentioned that your Dad's abduction and murder may have been committed by a serial killer. Have you followed AK serial killer Israel Keyes' WS Threads? There are multiple threads on IK. Discovery ID Dark Minds aired a 2nd episode on him on 04/02/2014. OK was one of his hunting grounds. IK, had no victim profile, committed robberies, hid kill kits around the nation, and used water/lakes to dispose of victims/forensically aware, was an alcoholic and likely frequented bars.

Investigation Discovery's DARK MINDS: "The Secrets of Israel Keyes" 2-hr. episode
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240003&highlight=israel+keyes

They found Jeff's killer. :) Hugs MMD!!

They found Jeff's killer. :) Hugs MMD!!

Thanx Tulessa.. Guess, I should have read the last few pages before jumping in, huh?
Glad Jeff's killer has been arrested and justice for him will be served..
Prayers for MMD....

MMD! Stay strong sweetie! :blowkiss:

MMD, thinking of you and wishing you strength and justice. :hug:

Trial In Shooting Death Of LeFlore County Bar Owner Continues - POTEAU &#8212; During cross-examination in a LeFlore County murder trial Thursday, a defense attorney intimated that investigators focused solely on the defendant in chasing evidence....

...In cross-examining Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation crime scene processor Jenny Virden, Schmuck asked whether DNA from cigarette butts, a lighter and clothing found in the bar, including a blood-soaked hoodie jacket theorized to have been used to wipe up some of Neff&#8217;s blood, had been checked against the DNA in blood stains in the bar that did not match Neff.....

...Both the prosecution and defense rested their cases Thursday, following two days of testimony. The trial will resume at 9 a.m. Friday before LeFlore County District Judge Jon Sullivan. Closing arguments and jury deliberation are slated. -

Posted May 9, 2014 - 2:42pm Updated May 9, 2014 - 5:30pm
LeFlore County Man Guilty In Former Brother-In-Law&#8217;s Homicide POTEAU &#8212; A Cameron man accused of first-degree murder in the shooting of his former brother-in-law is guilty, a LeFlore County jury decided Friday.

The panel of eight women and four men deliberated three hours and 50 minutes before reaching a verdict and recommending a sentence of life in prison without parole for Raymond &#8220;Larry&#8221; Oliver Nichols, 61, and a $10,000 fine.

In closing arguments, First Assistant District Attorney Marion Fry told the jurors the state had more than 20 pieces of evidence tying Nichols to the May 14, 2009, shooting of Donald &#8220;Joe&#8221; Neff, 61, at Neff&#8217;s bar outside Poteau. Neff was shot once in the back of the head. Nichols was arrested in August 2013.

Defense attorney Doug Schmuck contended all of the evidence is circumstantial.

&#8220;We have trained agents, OSBI, with access to a multimillion-dollar lab, but in an 800-page report, there is not one scrap of evidence, no fingerprints, no blood, no DNA, linked to my client. &#8230; They found the gun, and they were done,&#8221; Schmuck argued regarding the almost 4 1/2-year investigation.

Family Impact - Like other family members, Marie Pitchford, Neff&#8217;s eldest daughter, cried after the verdict was read Friday.

&#8220;This has been a long time coming. There were times when if felt like this would never be solved. It wasn&#8217;t fast, but they were thorough. &#8230; They had everything lined up just as it should be before they prosecuted,&#8221; Pitchford said.

Formal sentencing will be July 10

((((Missingmydad)))). thinking of you and hoping this brings a bit of peace to you. I am sure your Dad is looking down with a smile. :hug:

Oh man!!! They aren't letting him off easy!!! Such wonderful news!!!

Love to you, missingmydad! I am so thankful you have justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back