Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > JonBenet Ramsey

Notices

JonBenet Ramsey What really happened to 6 year old JonBenet? Someone is getting away with murder. All information posted on this site is gained through published documentation on this case. It is strictly opinion only.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:33 PM
Done. Put a Fork in Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeskidbeck View Post
Ya gotta wonder what emotion he was portraying in this photo. I do not like it one little bit. Which makes me think of a portrait that Patsy had made of him and JonBenet. He was standing in profile and she was at his back with her head leaning on his shoulder. For the life of me, I cannot figure out what kind of emotion they were told to show for this photo. I have only seen it on a youtube video and I'm not sure how to do a screen capture but it can be seen here in post # 43:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116359&page=2

Claudicci posted this video and the photo I'm talking about is shown a couple of times in it. There is one in color and one in black and white. Someone please take a look at it and see what you think.
Oh yeah, it's located at minute 3:37
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to my_tee_mouse For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Rest in Peace

Thanks for posting the video, MTM.

Sorry guys. It's not at 3:37, it's at 1:35

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase

Last edited by joeskidbeck; 10-16-2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: added correct time
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joeskidbeck For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
it's not his fault that someone murdered his sister when he was a little kid & he has lived under the shadow of suspicion since then

I'll admit I had hoped he would agree to be interviewed again but I can definately empathize with his decision not to if he believes that it will not only not help the case but do more harm

if he believes his family is innocent and has been unfairly targeted (which I'm sure he has been raised to believe), then I sure understand his mistrust of LE & the media

I don't find anything he has done or said to be odd or unusual or selfish or pathetic or all the other words that have been used about him - though admittedly I haven't analyzed his every movement either - but I don't understand the venom I see for him here - he was a 9 year-old little boy & a victim of circumstances

even if he was or is covering up for something - he probably doesn't understand it much more than he did at 9 if he hasn't blocked it from his consciousness

one thing that does bother me - his eyes in that photo seem cloudy & glazed - I hope he isn't abusing alcohol as a form of coping
I'm not willing to rule him out. IMO he could have been a participant in the events that lead to her death

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Linda7NJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2010, 03:58 PM

My understanding, he was officially ruled out by LE as a suspect. He wouldn't be interviewed as a suspect only as a witness. LE could compel him to talk. But what would be the point? It's obvious to me the Ramsey clan is as uncooperative today as they were back then.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linda7NJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Help find Adji

Here are the screen caps from the video - I haven't followed the case so have no opinion but can do screen caps:

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to elepher50 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Rest in Peace

It could just be me seeing something that's not there (or was put there), but I don't think this looks like a typical brother/sister pose. Am I the only one or does anyone else wonder what was on their minds when this was taken?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joeskidbeck For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2010, 04:18 PM

While it's not pose I would ever chose, it's a tad creepy to me. I am forced to admit it's a beautiful picture. It was probably the photographers idea anyway.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Linda7NJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Rest in Peace

I agree, it is a lovely photo, but I think it would be better suited as an engagement photo.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to joeskidbeck For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
It could just be me seeing something that's not there (or was put there), but I don't think this looks like a typical brother/sister pose. Am I the only one or does anyone else wonder what was on their minds when this was taken?
ITA and it gave me a very "uncomfortable" feeling. I'd also like to know what was on the minds of the people who dressed them , made them up and posed them.

Just an observation (it has probably been discussed already) : after so much discussion about the life size Barbie doll and the pink "gown" , "blanket" , etc., in the wine cellar I thought it such a coincidence to see the life size Barbie in the video (Christmas scene) and someone (PR?) in pink pajamas or robe right behind it; I had never seen it before or did not remember it.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to heartfortruth For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartfortruth View Post
ITA and it gave me a very "uncomfortable" feeling. I'd also like to know what was on the minds of the people who dressed them , made them up and posed them.

Just an observation (it has probably been discussed already) : after so much discussion about the life size Barbie doll and the pink "gown" , "blanket" , etc., in the wine cellar I thought it such a coincidence to see the life size Barbie in the video (Christmas scene) and someone (PR?) in pink pajamas or robe right behind it; I had never seen it before or did not remember it.
Wonder what the photographer (or Patsy) said to them to get this gaze? I really cannot imagine what that would have been.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joeskidbeck For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2010, 06:44 PM

yes it's a beautiful picture and deeply emotional....and yes,it's entirely creepy because they are children,brother and sister....I think it somehow shows a longing for each other,a sadness,like a Romeo and Juliet shot,beautiful if they were adults...I agree,it would be interesting to find out how the photographer got those expressions on their face...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to claudicici For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2010, 06:52 PM
Done. Put a Fork in Me.

Quote:

You're quite welcome.
The Following User Says Thank You to my_tee_mouse For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:

Also 3:26, 3:27.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobbarita For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
I agree, it is a lovely photo, but I think it would be better suited as an engagement photo.
I agree. To me the feeling portrayed is a boyfriend/girlfriend vibe. I hope it is only the make-up and wardrobe which gives them the appearance of being much older and more sophisticated than their chronological ages would indicate.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bobbarita For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Done. Put a Fork in Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbarita View Post
I agree. To me the feeling portrayed is a boyfriend/girlfriend vibe. I hope it is only the make-up and wardrobe which gives them the appearance of being much older and more sophisticated than their chronological ages would indicate.
They were "dressing up" Burke like they did JonBenet...makeup and all...to make him look older than he was. Mymymyohmy.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:46 PM

For those of you who have missed Lin Wood, this should be a real treat.
There really aren’t enough pejorative terms available for me to aptly convey what I think of this guy.
Anyway, sit back and enjoy the delightful ramblings:

Reporter: Why did the Boulder Police leak out that they were seeking to talk to, or trying to talk to Burke Ramsey?
Lin Wood: I don’t think there’s any question that it was done simply to harass John Ramsey.
…I think that the police chief out there is vindictive toward John Ramsey
...I think that is an outrage and an abuse of Burke Ramsey for him (Mark Beckner?) to relate any information to Burke
Old 10-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynic View Post
For those of you who have missed Lin Wood, this should be a real treat.
There really aren’t enough pejorative terms available for me to aptly convey what I think of this guy.
Anyway, sit back and enjoy the delightful ramblings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZe9O7cbR60

Reporter: Why did the Boulder Police leak out that they were seeking to talk to, or trying to talk to Burke Ramsey?
Lin Wood: I don’t think there’s any question that it was done simply to harass John Ramsey.
…I think that the police chief out there is vindictive toward John Ramsey
...I think that is an outrage and an abuse of Burke Ramsey for him (Mark Beckner?) to relate any information to Burke
Oh, wow, Cynic. What do you think he meant by that? Is he afraid the chief is going to tell Burke he thinks his dad and mom killed JonBenet? If Burke doesn't know that I don't see how he possibly graduated from college. Or maybe Burke has heard it all these years but never from an actual LE source.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joeskidbeck For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Rest in Peace

That pizzes me off. He absolutely spun that to make people think LE is making Burke a suspect! Has anybody here read or heard one statement by Boulder LE that accuses Burke? From what we've read, all they did was hand him a business card and tell him to call if he wants to talk about the case. Whatever you think of LW, you have to admit, he is a top-notch spin master.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joeskidbeck For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Oh, wow, Cynic. What do you think he meant by that? Is he afraid the chief is going to tell Burke he thinks his dad and mom killed JonBenet? If Burke doesn't know that I don't see how he possibly graduated from college. Or maybe Burke has heard it all these years but never from an actual LE source.
LW wouldn't be "unleashed" for no reason.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Done. Put a Fork in Me.

Quote:
That pizzes me off. He absolutely spun that to make people think LE is making Burke a suspect! Has anybody here read or heard one statement by Boulder LE that accuses Burke? From what we've read, all they did was hand him a business card and tell him to call if he wants to talk about the case. Whatever you think of LW, you have to admit, he is a top-notch spin master.
Yep, talk to someone who was in the house at the time of the murder.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
My understanding, he was officially ruled out by LE as a suspect. He wouldn't be interviewed as a suspect only as a witness. LE could compel him to talk. But what would be the point? It's obvious to me the Ramsey clan is as uncooperative today as they were back then.
BR HAD to be ruled out officially as a suspect. Even if they KNEW he killed his sister. Because of his age at the time, he can never be named as a suspect, indicted, or accused of this crime. Ever. So don't make too much of the fact that he was "officially" ruled out.

As far as Madeline's question- why is it that of all the people on her suspect list- FW, LHP, Santa, ect. the only ones who WON'T talk or cooperate are the Rs. Well- here's your answer- because they are the only ones who are guilty-they KNOW what happened...and they don't want to say.

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeeDee249 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2010, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_tee_mouse View Post
Yep, talk to someone who was in the house at the time of the murder.
Exactly! I see nothing wrong at all about wanting to re-interview someone that was actually inside the Ramsey home at the time of the murder...now that they have grown up, and may have remembered something helpful. You never know..he might have some little piece of info. that he may not deem helpful at all....that could break the case. It may not seem like anything at all to him.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:33 PM

Bump, (for Sophie)
Old 01-29-2011, 11:03 AM

Personally, I think if ST would have been a little more open to other theories rather than PR killed JBR in a rage or over bedwetting, he could have figured out its more likely BR did it. To me he was just so hell bent on what HE thought was the truth, he didnt look at the other scenarios in the house. He was halfway to the truth, he just didnt completely get there. I dont think BR is refusing interviews to cover for his parents, and I dont think we have heard the last of BR. Why wouldnt any normal person want to talk to the cops if it could help find the killer of thier sister?????? Ego. Entitlement.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishope View Post
I'm RDI but I think many of you are being too hard on Burke.

He doesn't know anymore about what happened in that house that night than he did at age 9.

If he couldn't identify the "loud voices" 15 years ago, he sure can't now.

Sure, he said JBR walked into the house, and the Rs say she was carried in. The Rs could have lied, or they could have made a mistake. BR could have made a mistake as well; 9 year olds are not infallible witnesses.

There is no reason to imply he knows who the killer is, but doesn't care as long as he's rolling in Daddy's money. More likely he doesn't want to answer questions because he knows he has no further info. of any value.
he's prob been asked about it every day of his life and just tired of it. instead of constantly addressing it just ignore and move on.
The Following User Says Thank You to runsdeep For This Useful Post: