TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

image_thumb
image_thumb

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4

Thread #5
Thread #6

Thread #7
Thread #8

Thread #9
Thread #10

Thread #11
Thread #12

Thread #13
Thread #14

Thread #15
Thread #16

Thread #17
Thread #18

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.
-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.
-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter): Rules Etiquette & Information

-STOP FLINGING MUD AT HOLLY'S FAMILY REGARDING THE T-SHIRTS! End of story.

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Holly Bobo Map
Created by Hollye Thanks!

Some blog sites are not allowed to be linked to because of so many rumors being posted on them. Please pm a Mod if its not posted below to see if they are allowed.

The following blog sites are allowed to be linked to:
Case Signal (BeanE's site)
Val - The Hinky Meter
Amandareckonwth's case archive site - Crankycrankerson
Patty G's Video Library site

Please continue here!

Was the FBI brought in recently or have they been involved from the beginning?

Dumb question- what decides if they get involved or not? Just if LE asks?

I was just wondering that myself. I thought the FBI got involved if there is evidence to the kidnapped being transported over state lines or in the case of a ransom.

It's sad that they have called off the searchers. I wonder if their is some legal protocol as to how long a community search like that goes on before it is ended? I know people have jobs and families and cannot search forever, but it must be so hard on the family when they cut back on the searching. My heart goes out to them.

I was just wondering that myself. I thought the FBI got involved if there is evidence to the kidnapped being transported over state lines or in the case of a ransom.

That's what I thought too!

Kidnapping is a Federal crime so I would think some Federal agency would be involved.

That's what I thought too!

It was unsual for them to brought in so early, but my opinion on this is that the local LE was known to the perp. I think they may be needed people that were more "outsiders" to come in and take a look at things. MOO

FBI is not the lead agency on this case......there may be some evidence that their crime labs can analyze that TBI doesn't have the ability to do. Hair evidence for example, TBI doesn't have the ability to analyze hair evidence and that would be forwarded to the FBI labs.

I think it would be more unusual in this case, with a witnessed abduction and some blood at scene, not to involve as many agencies as possible, as soon as possible. It is not often that a witness exists, usually there is a period of time before a person of this age would be known to be missing. But they pretty much knew they had something criminal right away, so why not get all the help they could, especially when she was not found right away?

Got it- I didn't realize that they were brought in on kidnapping cases. Thanks!

But usually they only brought in on a kidnapping case when other issues are present as well.... ie crossing state lines or in the commision of another Federal crime. LE however can invite them in at any point in a case and they will usually comply. What seems so different in this situation is that local LE brought them in immediately!

I imagine that the phone call that brought the FBI in was made by the TBI. Chain of command.

@thanks for sharing Kristie Annette Moon. I added her to my notebook :0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member