S.B.T.C. / Ransom Note Merged

englishleigh

Authentic Southern Belle
Reaction score
Fox reporting on a letter (and showing it) that Karr wrote to a friend in high school in which he wrote "I SHALL BE THE CONQUERER" and they are speculating on whether "SBTC" means "Shall Be The Conquerer"...also the handwriting looks similar to the ransom note. Hmmm.

I just saw it too! Frame that with Victory! and you have to really start to wonder.

The writing is similar, just slanted different.

Is the letter on FoxNews.com? Where did you guys see it?

Englishleigh,

You & I posted a new thread on this at the same time so I deleted mine.

Mamacita--it's on Fox News.

Mama-cita said:
Is the letter on FoxNews.com? Where did you guys see it?

On Fox News....they were showing the letter with "I Shall Be the Conqueror" highlighted and written all in caps...then the "S.B.T.C." in the ransom letter highlighted as well.

I've not seen the letter yet, so can't comment. However, I'm pretty sure SBTC is a common abbreviation for Saved by the Cross. It is a Christian thing referencing the salvation of Jesus by death on the Cross.

And it's not like he wrote a huge paragraph, either. The blurb he wrote that contained the I Shall Be The Conqueror was only like, what 2 lines long? Two sentences. WOW.:confused:

Elberethe said:
I've not seen the letter yet, so can't comment. However, I'm pretty sure SBTC is a common abbreviation for Saved by the Cross. It is a Christian thing referencing the salvation of Jesus by death on the Cross.

Well, I am a Christian, and I have NEVER used that acronym. Actually, I had never heard of it until this case, so I wouldn't know if that is what the ransom note acronym means or not.

Maybe SBTC was his calling card?

Try googling it. SBTC is also the Small Business Technology Coalition...wasn't JR's company a technology company? Were they part of this coalition?

My first instinct (although I could be wrong) was that it was a fake. Someone looking for their 15 minutes.

I mean, the ransom note's been out there for years, along with the constant SBTC talk in the past few days.
But like I say, I could be wrong. Was he in any drama classes?

julianne said:
And it's not like he wrote a huge paragraph, either. The blurb he wrote that contained the I Shall Be The Conqueror was only like, what 2 lines long? Two sentences. WOW.:confused:

Pair that with Victory--and I Shall Be The Conqueror makes me go hmmmmm.

Paladin said:
Maybe SBTC was his calling card?

Try googling it. SBTC is also the Small Business Technology Coalition...wasn't JR's company a technology company? Were they part of this coalition?

That's an interesting thought, Paladin, since this h.s. letter of his on Fox.

lighthouselover said:
My first instinct (although I could be wrong) was that it was a fake. Someone looking for their 15 minutes.

I mean, the ransom note's been out there for years, along with the constant SBTC talk in the past few days.
But like I say, I could be wrong. Was he in any drama classes?

It is possible that some of his former classmates, when the story broke, said "Hey, I KNOW that guy." and fished through their stuff and found an old letter. That is quite conceivable. I know that if someone I knew was in a similar situation, I would check my old stuff--partly out of curiousity.

I didn't see the entire news report on this, but I was under the impression that this was written in the person's high school yearbook? No?

englishleigh said:
Fox reporting on a letter (and showing it) that Karr wrote to a friend in high school in which he wrote "I SHALL BE THE CONQUERER" and they are speculating on whether "SBTC" means "Shall Be The Conquerer"...also the handwriting looks similar to the ransom note. Hmmm.

Hmmm is right. I wonder why he kept a letter from a friend, for what.. more than 20 years? What was in the letter, if it's genuine?

Sorry, if I'm skeptical with all that's going on with this the last few days. But it could be just someone else trying to get their 15 min. of fame. Why wouldn't he contact the FBI and turn it over, but rather contact Fox. It could be proof or evidence in any further legal action?

julianne said:
I didn't see the entire news report on this, but I was under the impression that this was written in the person's high school yearbook? No?

That's what I thought. There was also another yearbook with a signing by Karr. It was much shorter.

Shelayne said:
Well, I am a Christian, and I have NEVER used that acronym. Actually, I had never heard of it until this case, so I wouldn't know if that is what the ransom note acronym means or not.

http://www.issuesetc.org/resource/journals/v2n4.htm

My understanding is there are many "catagories" of Christians. (Catholic, Luthern, Baptist, Presbyterian, etc). I do not know enough to know exactly where the term originates, but enough to know that many do use the acronym. A simple search of the web will show that it is quite common, but I'm sure you can do that yourself if you are seriously curious.

I missed the yearbook part. That would make sense that his classmates dug through their yearbooks when they heard his name in the news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back