MN MN - Christopher Jenkins, 21, UM student, Minneapolis, 1 Nov 2002

johnny

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Four missing people -- just a tragic coincidence?

In the two weeks after Halloween, three college men disappeared from Minneapolis, Collegeville, and Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Around the same time, a 21-year-old woman in Brainerd failed to show up for work, and has not been seen since. Despite constant media exposure and massive search efforts, all four are still missing, and authorities are still waiting for the one tip or stroke of luck that might yield some answers. If the cases are linked, a break in one might solve them all. But at this point it seems just as likely all four are only connected by a tragic coincidence.

All four are still missing? Nothing?

johnny said:
All four are still missing? Nothing?
No, this is a really old article.

Christopher Jenkins was found on 2/27/03

Michael Noll was found 3/4/2003

I've been seeing more and more online discussions about these young people (mostly men) in the past year. The following website has been around for a while and has a good list of them all with various links and other info.

http://www.childseeknetwork.com/commonalities.htm

There is more info in the "Located" Jared Dion thread. http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6734

Edit- Oh, I see you posted there as well... :) I see Trino provided this same link in that thread in a post prior to your reponse in that thread- go check it out, it's scary. I'll leave it here in case anyone else sees this.

In the case of Chris Jenkins the case has now been classified as a murder investigation. Just heard this on Greta and am looking for a link. They are also looking at the other deaths and the possibilty of a serial killer. The FBI is now investigating the deaths.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/11/27/earlyshow/main2209532.shtml

...Now, four years later, police are agreeing with the family. They say Chris was the victim of a homicide. He was thrown from a bridge. There is an eyewitness and a suspect.

"We did make a mistake. We made an assumption," Minneapolis Police Chief Tim Dolan said last week. "For the Minneapolis Police Department, I want to apologize to the Jenkins family." (more and video at link)

Bumping, the murder of Christopher Jenkins is still unsolved.

Originally, the death was ruled as an accidental drowning. After the family consulted with other professionals, the cause of death was changed to a homicide. There was an alleged eye-witness to the murder and he implicated an acquaintance as being responsible. The major hole in his story is that he said that the perpetrator threw Christopher off of the Hennepin Avenue bridge. Investigators were dubious to the idea that someone could do this to a person the size of Chris. Also, the bridge is under surveillance. A commuter would have possibly seen something happening. If not, there are cameras that would have recorded some evidence of this scenario happening. No charges were brought up after this "tip" was received.

There are some theories that this murder may be connected to some other cases that occurred within the same time-frame. Investigators have not made any connections public; if any do exist.

Chris Jenkins Homicide: Someone Knows Something - November 2013. Here's a background summary on the case.

NBC's Dateline covers Chris Jenkins murder mystery - August 2010

After Her Son’s Murder, A Minn. Mom Is Working To Encourage Others - May 2012

ID show Breaking Homicide is doing an episode on him.

I remember him missing on Halloween 2002. I saw missing flyers on every light pole on Nicollet Ave in downtown Minneapolis and by my bus stop. All winter long I saw the flyers as they faded or fell off long before they found him.
They associated him with the Smiley Face Killer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The issue I have with him going down to the water to pee is that it's not very convenient. I'm a senior of the U of M and have taken the exact same path as Chris at all hours of the night. In order for him to get down to the river to relieve himself it would be a bit of a trek down. To me it makes more sense to just stop somewhere else to go to the bathroom quick. Even an ally way would be easier. Now, if he did end up down by the water it's very very dark under the bridge, and would be hard to see much of anything down there. If he did go down there it would explain why he wasn't seen on the footage of the bridge from that night. Maybe he went down and never came back up because that's when something happened?

The recent Breaking Homicide episode about this discussed the possibility of hanging out at Nicolette Island. I've never heard of anyone going there to hang out let alone party so it's hard to picture.

Another thing I'm stuck on is why he left without any of his belongings. There's some controversy over whether or not he was kicked out. Regardless, why wouldn't he demand his belongings back or wait outside to have someone let his friends know what's going on. If his wallet and ID are still in the bar, he's not going to be getting into any other bars. Where else would he go other than home? If there was a party somewhere he decided on it would likely be on campus which would be back across the bridge.

As for the conflicting stories on whether or not he was kicked out....from the breaking homicide show the bouncer from that night claims Chris wasn't kicked out, and he didn't seem that intoxicated. Yet Chris just decided to head out on his own without any of his stuff or letting his friends know? That doesn't add up.

From what we can tell, Chris was a smart kid and would tell his friends before ditching-especially at a sketchier area downtown.

Someone knows something, and I'm unsure if I can trust everything that's been said by employees from the Lone Tree Bar. I wish the establishment was still up. I wonder why it closed and if this incident had any relation?

There's way too many things that don't add up for this to be just some accident.

I live on the Mississippi river right down from where this occurred, and not a day goes by where I look out at the water and think about this case. I don't know what happened, but Chris's family and friends deserve justice. I hope someone with more information comes forward.

Interpreting the facts:

Arms hugging the front of the body + hardly any water in the lungs indicate he froze to death on land, and remained frozen until he was found. No injuries to the body or damage to the clothes suggests he was not forced, so must have been drugged.

The pristine clothes means they had not been underwater in a river for 4 months or they would have been full of silt and been ruffled / had some damage, especially as they were a fragile party costume. Even the oversized slip-on shoes were in place. It also means the body was carefully placed in the water and not dropped.

Since the body was floating and had hardly any water in the lungs, it means it had just recently been put in the river. Maybe moments before as it was still on the move when it was discovered.

The blood hound hits on a specific parking lot in a garage next to the bar means he got in a vehicle there.

Speculation:

The incident at the bar a couple of months previously with a guy being drugged and forced into a car by the bouncers is a huge red flag, then not long after Chris is killed having been to the same bar. The coincidence is just too much. Chris' girlfriend worked in the bar, and so did her ex boyfriend (since 2 months), a policeman that was said to be controlling and had lately been acting weird like he was on some drug.

It doesn't take much to think the jealous and erratic ex was provoked by Chris being in the bar, and having drugged and driven off people before decided to do the same to Chris. Maybe not to kill, but as a lesson, or get him out of the way for the night a cop was said to be hitting on Chris' girlfriend (either the ex or another cop). So they spike Chris' drink, get him out of the bar on some pretext (either spilling drink on his crotch to get him thrown out, or lured to buy some pot), and once out, lead him to the car for the pot, or simply arrest him and put him in the car that way. It could even have been someone offering him a ride home.

Chris falls asleep in the warm car from the drug. He is then driven somewhere else, pulled out of the car and left on the ground outside. I believe they never intended to kill Chris, but to drop him somewhere where he would wake up and not remember much, but too late for him to get back to the bar or call his girlfriend that night, and have a helluva freeze to serve him right. They likely thought such a fit young guy would have no problem with a little cold, but maybe they gave him too much drugs for the alcohol and 20° in such a flimsy outfit on a big muscular body was too much, so he never woke up and walked home like was planned, but unfortunately passed away that night in his drug induced sleep. The arms naturally came up in front of the the body typical of someone who is freezing and that's how rigor mortis set in and later the frost.

When the barman and accomplice hear Chris is reported missing the next day (parents checking with the bar) they go back to where they dropped him and realize he is dead, collect him and put him in a shed or barn or similar. Somewhere outside and freezing but still covered. Maybe even near their home. There Chris remains frozen the whole winter without animals getting to him or clothes getting contaminated from the elements. As cops they also know that bodies have a tendency to be found after some years and incriminate by position, so instead of burying him, the idea is instead to throw him in the river to make it look like an accident or suicide if he's ever found, and to destroy forensics as well. They wait until the river ice and any telltale snow is gone, and on a day with little current lift him carefully into the water, making sure not to lose items at the drop point (hence even flimsy shoes still on). During lifting, a piece of Chris' hair comes off when one of the perps loses his footing on the riverbank and gets his grip wrong, which is then quickly stuffed into the frozen cup of Chris' hand, thinking it would soon be dispersed in the water, but the body doesn't sink before it's found together with the piece of hair.

Here is a good location where the perps might have dropped Chris' body in the river. It could be done in a few minutes without being seen, but being policemen no one would think much about why there were there anyway.

Last edited:
Some other points:

- Notice how the time of the first drug & drive episode at the bar was approximately 2 months before, which was around the same time Chris' girlfriend broke up with the bartender because she got together with Chris. Maybe the feelings from the breakup bubbled up to a rage, and when a random guy in the bar flirted with her, he wanted to let him have it, probably convincing the staff he had crossed the line with her and to take him off for a beating. Then 2 months later, when Chris, the real cause of his hurt shows up at Halloween, it happens again.

- The neatness of Chris' clothes (how it was all intact, in good order and with shirt neatly tucked) could well indicate something called 'undoing' which I've heard a murder investigator talk about before. It's a psychological phenomenon where people regret their (usually unintended) action and wants to 'undo' what they have done by fixing the victim's appearance etc, and show respect to in this way. It indicates the death was not meant to happen and the perps feel bad about it.

- Chris' parents main gripe to this day is the tardy and shoddy police investigation which further speaks of police involvement. Especially at the bar where not even witness statements were taken. No one knows the case better than them, and this indicates to me that they feel the core of the matter is there. The private investigator also mentions how there is conflict of interest with police and the bar and a closing of ranks. Maybe this what the new police chief Dolan also realized, and made him suspect there was a great likelihood somebody in the force was involved. It would explain why he is very apologetic, but doesn't really want to speak about the facts or investigate much further other than change the status to homicide.

- The conflicting witness statements from the bar shows there's clear lying going on when it's first said (to the PI) that Chris was thrown out, then (to the TV program Breaking Homicide) the bouncer at the door said Chris was hardly drunk and left of his own free will, without anyone having thrown him out.

About the TV show Breaking Homicide that investigated this case, we saw how they completely ignored the most obvious points of the girlfriend and barman relationship, the previous abduction attempt at the bar, and the obvious lying by the bar staff. One of the investigators even went so far as to support it being an accident, despite no evidence to back that up and obvious evidence to the contrary.

It seems bizarre, but to me it follows the 'closing of ranks' at the bar and with police, as the TV show hosts were also police. Seems there is a phenomena where colleague loyalty in the police force trumps fairness and justice, even when it comes to murder as this and other cases show. (The Sherri Rasmussen murder case is just one other example)

Is this our main thread for Chris Jenkins? I was expecting it to be pages and pages worth. Anyway, I just watched "Breaking Homicide" - yes, I know I'm a bit late to watching it, and I couldn't believe how ridiculous and honestly, how much of a rookie the "Kris" guy sounded. Despite his fairly extensive CV (resume for those of you in the US), his experience, all of the evidence, he came out and said he thought the hair in Chris Jenkin's hands had floated down from his head and into his hands, then when the PI called him out on it, his huge ego came out - absolutely embarrassing. I'd have refused to work on a case with a guy like that. The other guy, Derrick made some good points. I couldn't believe Kris was a professional, honestly, it was shocking listening to the guy. I partly wondered if he was paid to make such idiotic remarks to "balance out the episode".

So I guess we should start at the part where the bouncer was interviewed. It was hard to believe a word he said. I found myself raising my eyebrows with every statement he made. It sounded like Chris was thrown out and the police officer and the bouncer were teasing Chris for having spilled a drink on himself. And personally, I wonder if him spilling a drink on himself was the start of the GHB setting in e.g Chris losing some control. It blew my mind how Derrick and Kris said the bouncer was credible, he wouldn't (and didn't) answer the question over whether Jaramy Lynn Alford was in the bar the same night as Chris.

I'm very limited for time these days but I am still looking at Chris Jenkins and thought I should mention this article: Investigator's notes

Specifically,

03-14-03

2:30 pm XXXXXX (The Sexual Homicide Exchange - cell = XXXXXX ...work= XXXXXX), XXXXXX and myself, met at this office; discussion revolved around:
 XXXXXX
 DOB: XXXXXX
 SSN: XXXXXX
 Minnesota Drivers license number: XXXXXX
 previous address in Minneapolis: XXXXXX....also XXXXXX Aliases: XXXXXX, XXXXXX, XXXXXX
 age 38
 Caucasian, 5' 10", 155 pounds, blonde buzz cut, blue eyes, weightlifter
 has lived off and on in Minnesota for 15 years
 attended Bilble College in Minneapolis for two years
 Has worked in massage parlors, in security, travel agencies
 previous arrests; prositution-massage parlor in 1987, terroristic threats
 known to have been arrested in Minneapolis
 has been known to travel frequently..Mpls to Chicago and farther east
 known to have been actively engaged in on-line deviant homosexual, drowning/murder website(s).
 XXXXXX had made contact with XXXXXX via pretexted on line discussions involving hard core homosexual drowning/death interactive discussions
 advertizes to act out death scenes (theirs).
 possibly in therapy to control his homicidal desire.
 XXXXXX last on-line contact with XXXXXX was in 2001
XXXXXX presented numerous printouts of interactive, on-line discussions with XXXXXX. All
were very sexually explicit and oriented towards homicide by drowning. XXXXXX showed great interest in one particular correspondence with XXXXXX, in which she (her pretext was that of a 14 year old boy) had watched her brother drown. XXXXXX was extremely interested in this. Often, XXXXXX would put great attention on certain body characteristics: body hair on legs & arms, lean-muscular body types that would exhibit muscular abdominal areas (which he would describe in relation to the body’s pre-death struggle, in which the visual contraction of the abdominal section could be viewed as a victim would struggle to breathe in their last moments prior to drowning), bulging eyes during final phase of desperation in gaining air prior to drowning, deviant sexual acts performed orally on drowning victim - pre-death, during the last attempt at gulping for air.
I placed a call to XXXXXX and XXXXXX requesting background data.
XXXXXX left at approximatley 6:00 pm. I continued discussion with XXXXXX until 8:30 pm

8:30 pm End.

You read that right. There's actually a forum out there which is designed and aimed at people who want to drown/murder people. This is highly disturbing but gut instinct says that the "missing persons" cases may really be linked. I wish I knew what the website was so I could go and take a look, but I do shudder to think what's on there, so maybe it's best I don't know.

i know the site i will dm it. that site was closed down years ago but it was home to some very weird disturbing people one person on that site said he wanted to drown men because he got off on it

Update: ok, the website is down but I was able to read some of it which still remains online. Thanks puzzle for the link. After reading the site, it's hard not to believe that the individual Chuck (Detective) talks about, may have had something to do with it.

The individual in question apparently worked at a mortuary and when asked about it all, he said he worked at a mortuary so he didn't kill anyone (or words to that effect).

He lived 8 blocks from the location Chris was found in.

You can hear more about it all that suspect here: The Smiley Face Killers: Sense or Nonsense?

Warning: the woman in the video is supposed to be a criminal profiler, but I found her absolutely insufferable. She's the most unprofessional, untactful....it was absolutely painful listening to her. Her totally inappropriate laughing and "me me me" attitude. And then she says she leans towards Chuck (detective), then later on says actually she agrees with the guy from Breaking Homicide who says that it wasn't a homicide - despite the fact it's an open homicide case and the fact that during the bit I've linked to, she even says it's possible that the guy she's talking about could have committed the crime. She then goes on to say how she doesn't get hired anymore (I wonder why) and she would only work on a case/TV if she had "full control" - my goodness, it's no wonder why some of these cases don't get solved when you've got people like her working on them.

But essentially, this woman is the woman in the redacted text in post #18. She openly tells the story on her youtube channel, so it's public knowledge at this point.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆