Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old > Resource Links, Case Calendar & Time Lines

Notices

Resource Links, Case Calendar & Time Lines Resource information for documents, interviews, important links and much more. Case calendar,cell pings/texts, and timeline tracking for serious analysis. This is where we are putting it all together. This forum is for true investigational purposes only and not general chit chat.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:30 AM

Where is Amy's totalled car? Time Line and Ping

Do we know where and/or when the car was disposed of? When it was mentioned that Lee "took care" of Amy's key that KC had, could this key have belonged to the totalled car? Might be a good place to look for a body or evidence. Any idea what kind of car this was and if it was truly totalled? Do any locals know where totalled cars go to die in the Orlando area? Could this car have been the one in regards to WW interview, the one that had been in an accident, was being repaired and smelled like a dead body? TIA

Last edited by JBean; 12-07-2008 at 04:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mom2chloe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2008, 10:36 AM
always. SS~

The insurance company would have taken over possession of the vehicle if it was a total loss. It would be sent to one of their parts yards and usually not destroyed. They sometimes will sell the vehicle back to the owner to rebuild, but I am doubtful that Amy would have been interested. LE would surely have checked it out.

If it was not insured, Amy probably would have sold it to a junk yard where it would be parted out. Still, LE would be able to go over it.

I would assume the key (which has me quite curious as to why LA destroyed it and how) is from the new car and not the one she wrecked.

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Fighting The Good Fight

I think this also might be the reference Casey was making in her myspace or facebook post to Amy about her scaring her the night before? Don't remember the exact quote and I'm not going on an extended search today. lol...

This can't possibly be the same car (totaled) as the one that Casey had the key to? Casey had the key to the car she picked Amy up from the airport in I think.

I remember Amy wanted Casey to take her to Jacksonville to look for a new car. This is the trip that Casey canceled saying her dad had a mini stroke.

I also believe now from text messages that this totaled car might be what Amy gave Casey 80 bucks for tow.

ETA: SS I swear I'm not following you around. LOL
Soft is the heart of a child: Do not harden it.
~Pamela Glenconner~
Old 09-29-2008, 10:42 AM
On the road to Utopia

I thought Amy said her father was going to take her car to Jacksonville and fix it. IIRC, Amy kept talking about towing the car to Caseys parents or to TonE's or to some place where she could keep it until her father came down to fix it. Where it ended up, I have no clue, but I bet LE does.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:42 AM
always. SS~

Lilt~ I wouldn't mind at all if you were.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:43 AM
always. SS~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Openmyeyes View Post
I thought Amy said her father was going to take her car to Jacksonville and fix it. IIRC, Amy kept talking about towing the car to Caseys parents or to TonE's or to some place where she could keep it until her father came down to fix it. Where it ended up, I have no clue, but I bet LE does.
Ah, thanks for the information. Guess I missed it.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Fighting The Good Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
Lilt~ I wouldn't mind at all if you were.
Wellllll.... Not a bad sight back here. LOL
~Pamela Glenconner~
Old 09-29-2008, 10:45 AM
always. SS~

I will let you take the lead in thread tag now. Have to get ready for work!

Old 09-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Banned

I believe I read (Maybe in Amy's IM log) that either her uncle in Jacksonville or Ricardo was going to repair the car and sell it. Apparently it wasn't a total loss after all - but probably not a car you or I would want to buy. Originally, she was going to sell it for parts and maybe that's what she did.(?)

She was planning to tow it to the Hopespring address when she and Casey were still planning to room together, but Casey crabwalked on that one, asking her to tow it to Tony's apartments. Then, Casey told her that she couldn't leave it at the apartments either, after it had been towed there. I remember Amy telling Casey that it seemed pointless to just keep towing it from place to place.

I don't know which key Lee "took care of" but I seriously doubt it was the wrecked car.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Fighting The Good Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't Sleep View Post
I believe I read (Maybe in Amy's IM log) that either her uncle in Jacksonville or Ricardo was going to repair the car and sell it. Apparently it wasn't a total loss after all - but probably not a car you or I would want to buy. Originally, she was going to sell it for parts and maybe that's what she did.(?)

She was planning to tow it to the Hopespring address when she and Casey were still planning to room together, but Casey crabwalked on that one, asking her to tow it to Tony's apartments. Then, Casey told her that she couldn't leave it at the apartments either, after it had been towed there. I remember Amy telling Casey that it seemed pointless to just keep towing it from place to place.

I don't know which key Lee "took care of" but I seriously doubt it was the wrecked car.
That key must have been a spare. It's just weird that Lee would take care of it instead of giving it back to Amy.
~Pamela Glenconner~
Old 09-29-2008, 10:51 AM
On the road to Utopia

SS, I believe it was in Amy's text messages. I read it last night and I remember thinking she is darn lucky that she didn't get a ticket or DUI. As the texts went on she was depending on 'friends' for rides, and trying to figure out where to put this wreck until her father got there.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:57 AM
On the road to Utopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltigress View Post
That key must have been a spare. It's just weird that Lee would take care of it instead of giving it back to Amy.
Personally, I didn't like the way that whole conversation went down. It set off my hinky meter. Lee, in his own arrogant way, wouldn't even let Amy finish her sentence. Why? It wasn't his property. He destroyed the key even before Amy called him. Why not ask to meet her, give her the key and question her at the same time.

It seems like there is more to this than we know.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltigress View Post
....[snip]....This can't possibly be the same car (totaled) as the one that Casey had the key to? Casey had the key to the car she picked Amy up from the airport in I think.

I remember Amy wanted Casey to take her to Jacksonville to look for a new car. This is the trip that Casey canceled saying her dad had a mini stroke.
Not sure of the time frame here but was KCs car smelling at this time and is that why she did not want to take drive Amy to Jacksonville?

Anyone know who took Amy to Jacksonville?

TruthSeeker not Truth Seeker. No space between Truth and Seeker. My post are my opinion unless a link is posted.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:24 AM

HOnestly I dont think this would have anything to do with Caylee, LA is cooperating with LE and based on his initial reactions and so forth he didnt know anything about Caylee before the 15th of July. Further, Amy totaled her car before Caylee went missing (if im not mistaken) and it was probably towed off into a junkyard and thrown in with a slew of other mangled cars. Also storing a body in a wrecked car would be beyond stupid (and LA doesnt seem particularly stupid to me) because the smell would attract animals, buzzards, and someone would definately notice. JMO I mean this all totally respectfully, I think any theory to discuss is good I just dont personally think this is plausable.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Out of the corner!

Quote:

No Amy and Casey were supposed to go to Jacksonville to buy Amy's new car. Casey blew Amy off saying that GA had a ministroke and she couldn't make it.
I believe in regard to Amy giving Casey money for a tow was for Casey's car- The first friday she "ran out of gas" and Amy gave her money for the tow, the second friday she ran out of gas and abandoned the car at the amscott.
Given the txt messages that Amy recieved from Casey "what are the odds that I run out of gas two friday's in a row"..........

"Casey Anthony has no soul"~ from my good friend Lacey
Old 09-29-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagney View Post
No Amy and Casey were supposed to go to Jacksonville to buy Amy's new car. Casey blew Amy off saying that GA had a ministroke and she couldn't make it.
I believe in regard to Amy giving Casey money for a tow was for Casey's car- The first friday she "ran out of gas" and Amy gave her money for the tow, the second friday she ran out of gas and abandoned the car at the amscott.
Given the txt messages that Amy recieved from Casey "what are the odds that I run out of gas two friday's in a row"..........
She was probably hoping to scam another $80 off of Amy for another "tow"

Unlike the living,when the dead speak,they do not lie.

Tim Miller says you can't put a price on a childs life--The A's are out to prove him wrong.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:52 AM

TruthSeeker I pretty sure Amy rented a car after Casey said she couldnt take her.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Share the Light, Share the Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthSeeker View Post
Not sure of the time frame here but was KCs car smelling at this time and is that why she did not want to take drive Amy to Jacksonville?

I don't think Amy going to Jacksonville coincided with Casey's car smelling. I think Amy ended up renting a car to go up to jacksonville to get her new car.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Share the Light, Share the Love

Quote:

The trip to Jacksonville was on June 13. The car smelling was around June 25.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Out of the corner!

Amy rented a car and drove herself to Jacksonville after Casey's blow off. I am assuming she did a one way rental.

"Casey Anthony has no soul"~ from my good friend Lacey
Old 09-29-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Personally, I didn't like the way that whole conversation went down. It set off my hinky meter. Lee, in his own arrogant way, wouldn't even let Amy finish her sentence. Why? It wasn't his property. He destroyed the key even before Amy called him. Why not ask to meet her, give her the key and question her at the same time.

It seems like there is more to this than we know.

I think Lee assumed it was Amy's key. It could of been TonEs key. Maybe she had made a copy of his key without his knowledge. Did he ever say he knew she was using his car when he was in New York. Maybe she knew she would eventually have to split town ( possibly to California) and this would be her means. She knew one day her parents would come to find her and Caylee.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:27 PM
All Little One's Are God's Little Angel's

Quote:

Amy rented a car and drove herself...
Old 09-29-2008, 12:43 PM

Part of the data I've collected from Websleuths:

6-6-08 Amy Huizenga totals her car.

6/7/08 at 9:04 am Casey Anthony wrote to Amy on Facebook:i’m so glad you’re ok! seriously, you scared the life right out of me! i love you girl.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:49 PM

Thanks to all of you who answered my questions - boy you all have this down to a science! Good work.

TruthSeeker not Truth Seeker. No space between Truth and Seeker. My post are my opinion unless a link is posted.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagney View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbosoxfan View Post
She was probably hoping to scam another $80 off of Amy for another "tow"
The first Friday (20th) she ran out of gas, Tony took her to her parents house to get the gas cans ( he doesn't say the date).....

The 80 buck tow bill also bothers me......Don't you have to show proof of ownship to bail your car out ?? The car is in her parents name.