09-17-2011 Topaz Mountain Search Yields Charred Wood and Decomp

Steve seems to be a freakshow. Anyone who had a peek at his website could pretty easily determine he's quite the narcissist. It's more disguisting knowing his lyrics may specifically point to certain (underage) individuals- the doll song.

As far as Josh; from the info thus far- I just can't see him as the key player here in the disappearance of Susan. His father's erratic behavior only strengthens my belief that he had something to do with it.

I think SP may have had something to do with Susan's disappearance as well, but from a long distance vantage.

Do you know the family personally? Do you have any insider's info you would be willing to share with regards to the family dynamics in that household?

I do not believe this is bone they found for I did a close up and didn't see any porous area's like a charred bone would have. I have a fire pit and I can pull out wood that has been in there a long time that didn't burn all the way to ash that is smooth. I don't know what they found. I'm not an expert but for all we know someone cut them self while pulling up camp, put the fire out, pee'd on it, threw dirt over it and left.

I believe it was Steven's wish to have her die, I think Steven prodded JP to do it, I think Steven, had daily phone calls with him and walked him through it. The hand that killed Susan was JP, the idea of it was Steven's so both are guilty of Murder 1 PREMEDITATION!

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Steve seems to be a freakshow. Anyone who had a peek at his website could pretty easily determine he's quite the narcissist. It's more disguisting knowing his lyrics may specifically point to certain (underage) individuals- the doll song.

As far as Josh; from the info thus far- I just can't see him as the key player here in the disappearance of Susan. His father's erratic behavior only strengthens my belief that he had something to do with it.

Ah yes Steve pulled the strings and the puppet did the actions.

I think SP may have had something to do with Susan's disappearance as well, but from a long distance vantage.

Do you know the family personally? Do you have any insider's info you would be willing to share with regards to the family dynamics in that household?

BBM

I'm starting to get that feeling as well. I think it's very likely Susan discovered something about SP and JP and was going to take those boys and bolt. And they just couldn't allow that.

JMO

Results are in on charred wood found during Susan Powell search
Updated 9 minutes ago
West Valley City police on Tuesday said a laboratory has finished examining suspicious charred wood found during a desert search for Susan Cox Powell, but the department would not say whether the wood bears a connection to the missing woman.

"Those results have come back," said West Valley City police Sgt. Mike Powell, who is no relation to Susan Powell. "However, we are not able to discuss the specifics of those results at this point."
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53060244-78/powell-susan-wood-police.html.csp

I don't know what to think. Seems like they wouldn't be announcing the results were back if there was nothing to it. All those dogs hit on that spot for a reason. What I'm wondering is if the results they have are saying "yes there are human remains on this wood" and if so, do they now have to go through and identify any DNA left? Or, did they run tests for both determinations at once (both human remains AND Susan's remains)?

Does anyone want to speculate if it sounds like they found Susan's DNA on those charred bits of wood?
IMO, I guess this line would be a starting point. IF they already knew it is not Susan, would LE be telling her father or not? Would they inform him if results were a positive match?
Susan Cox Powell’s father, Chuck Cox, on Tuesday said police had not informed him of the lab results.

I don't know what to think. Seems like they wouldn't be announcing the results were back if there was nothing to it. All those dogs hit on that spot for a reason. What I'm wondering is if the results they have are saying "yes there are human remains on this wood" and if so, do they now have to go through and identify any DNA left? Or, did they run tests for both determinations at once (both human remains AND Susan's remains)?

Good wondering point. I hadn't thought that maybe they had to first determine if there was human DNA on the wood chips. And then go through running the tests to see whose DNA it could be. If they do it like that, my guess is that yes, there is human DNA on those wood chips but from an unknown person at this point maybe.

Dateline NBC will be doing a special on Susan this Friday. It includes a lengthy interview with Josh. I want to watch but I might have to change channels for that part. :pullhair:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=183...e-to-mark-anniversary-of-powell-disappearance

When Josh Powell agreed to meet with Dateline, he spent hours talking with Morrison late at night, at the same time police were raiding his father's home.

The hour-long report involves all of the players in the case, including Susan's family and friends and West Valley police investigators. It also examines the couple's early relationship.

But in talking to Morrison, he was most intrigued about his interviews with Josh and Steven Powell. "Listening to them and looking at their facial expressions as I was editing this was really fascinating," he said.

That interest has increased, Morrison said, since Steven Powell's arrest on child *advertiser censored* charges and the extensive search in the desert near Topaz Mountain during September.

"It was fascinating to watch developments occur, but also, to some extent, through the eyes of these two men … very interesting,"
Morrison said.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=183...e-to-mark-anniversary-of-powell-disappearance

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back