10 year old mom-Spain

ITA, I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Perhaps I should better explain what I mean when I say that I simply don't know how I feel about this case.

Today we put our values on societies around the world. 200 years ago it was common practice to marry young. I don't believe there was ever a time when this would have been accepted, but the fact is that girls are menstrating earlier. The age when they menstrate has been the sign of being an adult in many many cultures over hundreds or thousands of years.

Today we understand the concept of how fragile a child is and how you don't have the experience and understanding to make life changing choices at that age regardless of whether you've hit puberty.

I hate hearing about such young children having children. However, this case is mitigated a bit by my thankfullness that this isn't the case of kidnapping, or a 50 year old man, an uncle being the father, etc.

This is a case where the girl grew up in a culture where she was married off after she started menstrating. That is the norm in their culture. Sure, many of those couples live apart for a few years. Some are not intimate. I really don't know if this girl had a choice or not to be intimate. I don't know if she and the boy wanted to fool around. If the girl and the boy were horny and wanted to fool around, the situation is sad, but different than a girl who is forced to marry young and forced to consumate a marriage.

I don't know if a crime occurred (or a forced consumation of marriage, etc) or if the children were put into a situation where it was socially accepted to fool around.

It is hard to understand a situation when you only use your opinions to see a situation and not the opinions of those who were there.

For the life of me I can't imagine a "horny" nine year old. On the other hand a "horny" 12 yr old is another story.

Why were these children aloud to be a couple and why is this "mother" OK that her ten year old baby has given birth?

This gives all new meaning to babies having babies -

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back