11-16-12 Nancy Grace mysteries, What happened to Hailey Dunn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Kirby for sharing that nugget of information from the teacher.

Perhaps Billie forgot what she said to this reporter?

Byerley said in an interview Friday that Hailey stayed with her and her boyfriend off and on, including the final two weeks of the 2009-10 school year.

“The last few weeks, perhaps month, she was living with her dad because she doesn’t like (Billie Jean’s) boyfriend,” Byerley said.

Billie Jean said Hailey also stayed at her dad’s house for less than a month at a time but has always wanted to come back home and that her daughter had at one point moved to Snyder and enrolled in school there while staying with extended family.

“I let her try it out for a minute,” she said in reference to Hailey staying with family members. “I couldn’t let her stay longer than that and, really, she didn’t want to anyway.”

Clint said the couple had plans for Hailey to move in with him in the future yet had no comment as to why. “I had to work hard to get to be a half a block away so I could see her from my back door,” he said. “I tried to stay as close to her as I could.”

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/10/officials-teenager-likely-a-runaway/

I wanted to bring up the fact *again*, that Hailey had never stayed the night with MBG previously. But MBG had been to Hailey's home and also spent the night.

Was she the only friend who had been to Hailey's home? It always seemed strange to me, that in all the interviews, Hailey's social life has never really been demystified, all the comments made by Billie have always been so vague. No other friend or parents of a friend, (that I have seen) has ever stepped up and said anything about Hailey spending the night with them or vice-versa.

Was MBG the only friend which came to mind for Shawn Adkins? The only one who's cell phone number was easily identified on Billie's phone? The only friend they knew with any certainty was home during the Christmas holidays and not out of town?

IMO I believe that MBG was quite likely Shawn's only real option to use as far as her being a friend, not relative, not only just knowing her by name(as well as by phone # that was stored in Billie's cell phone that she often times shared with Hailey), and that she lives basically down the street, but also knew who she was due to the fact that MBG had actually spent a night there with Hailey in the home Shawn shared with Billie..

IMO it is that basic knowledge that Shawn had of Hailey's friend, MBG that was the reason he chose her to use in his alibi regarding Hailey's disappearance..

As far as Hailey's social life and lack of other friends and mothers coming forward to speak about their spending time and/or overnight with Hailey at her home or vice versa I personally have a pretty definite opinion on this issue or lack thereof.

IMO Hailey did not spend alot of time at other classmates homes, nor did many of them spend much time in Hailey's home. I believe for the absolute most part that Hailey stuck very close to family and relatives. IMO the family ties for Hailey were especially strong and special and also why she had continued to struggle with mom and dad's splitting up even long after both mom and dad had moved on to new significant others.. Hailey IMO was very much grounded in being family oriented..family IMO meant alot more to Hailey than what it does for most typical young teens who are going thru the phase of wanting as much time as possible, as far away as possible from their parents who they're beginning to think are "not cool" to be around.. IMO Hailey for whatever reasons was a bit different and for whatever reasons family connections remained the strongest and most important for her..

With daddy being IMO the MOST SPECIAL OF ALL to Hailey.. IMO Hailey very much spent any free time she had away from school and practice with family members rather than outside of the family friends.. IMO nothing at all wrong with this and IMO is only a testament to what a sweet little caring soul that Hailey truly was..
I am not saying that HAILEY NEVER SPENT TIME WITH FRIENDS, because I do believe that she did...BUT IMO BY FAR AND WIDE SHE SPENT THE VAST MAJORITY OF HER TIME WITH FAMILY..different family members and relatives ranging from dad and Naomi and baby sis, and who had become basically a step sibling Naomi's little boy...to spending time at Clint's mom's house whom Hailey was especially find of and favored greatly.. To her hanging at Billie's house with brother, DD who Hailey thought the world of and looked up to.. Hailey was very much a young woman who family meant absolutely everything to her..

I believe that she did not spend too many nights away from home staying at her little girlfriends houses(not saying she NEVER stayed with friends) BUT AM SAYING that the majority of nights that Hailey spent away from home were spent staying the night with family members, with daddy's house definitely being the choice for the most part..IMO this is where she most often spent the night at when away from Billie's home.

Note below in the snipped quote that Billie whether intentional or not basically states exactly what I described above as being accurate..(*last statement by Billie in the quote below)
GRACE: Billie, when your little girl would go for a sleepover, didn`t the family typically know she was coming?

DUNN: She usually asked me first and then would ask the other family. Sometimes she would ask them first. I thought, yes, they knew she had intentions of spending the night. They should have known.

GRACE: So was there ever time a time she took off for a sleepover without Marybeth`s family or you knowing?

DUNN: No. I always knew where she was. If she had been at a friend`s too long and not asked to spend the night, I did get ahold of somebody.

GRACE: SO Billie, is this the first time she has ever gone away for a sleepover without asking you specifically?

DUNN: She`s left notes or -- no, she`s let us know.

GRACE: I`m talking about you. Did she always tell you, her mother, that she was going to go spend the night?

DUNN: Well, no. Usually, she if stayed somewhere, it was with Clint and she would tell David or Shawn, if mom was at work, Let Mom going to -- I plan on spending the night with So-and-So.

+++++++________+++++++__________++++++++________++++++________
Moving in a bit of another direction and not directed at Knoxy's above quoted post...

I also agree with those that mention there was absolutely lack of parenting and supervision of Hailey, period.. And that over the course of the last year she seemed to be spending more and more time away from Billie's home due to her uneasiness, discomfort, dislike, or whatever else anyone wants to label it as..but IMO bottom line it was due to Shawn Adkins living there that IMO Hailey absolutely was spending more and more time away from Billie's home.. In the last months leading up to her disappearance she had shared with more than one person(both family and non-family) some of the uncomfortable and/or inappropriate issues regarding Shawn..as well as was seeking to live full time with dad and Naomi..which apparently led to further discord in Billies's home within just mere days of Hailey disappearing...

There is nothing IMO that in any way indicates or even merely suggests in any way that Hailey was often or even regularly staying the night ANYWHERE OTHER THAN WITH FAMILY, MAINLY DAD..much less indicative of Hailey having this secret life of running around and playing the field with wild people and parties.. Nothing at all and its exactly the reason that IMO its a moot point to continue running with the notion that Hailey lied to Shawn that day, left out with nothing but the tshirt on her back and flip flops, heading to a secretive life she had on the sly ..and that it is in someway that lifestyle she was secretly living that holds the answers to who is responsible for her disappearance and death..

I've looked at the various avenues of possibilities in this case and WRT the possibility described above involving Hailey's lying and deceiving everyone all the while sneaking off to this covert, hidden lifestyle which led to her disappearance...its just NOT A POSSIBILITY..IN LOOKING AT THIS AVENUE MORE THAN ONCE(as its brought up more than once) there is absolutely nothing whatsoever that even begins to be a basis for this theory..nothing..not one fact supports this secret, hidden lifestyle theory..

Much the total opposite emerges about who and what Hailey Dunn was.. From them all..friends, family, teachers, neighbors it is the total opposite .. Strangely even tho in truth Hailey Dunn had IMO not only every reason to possibly act out in a rebelious or wild way..but more importantly Hailey Dunn absolutely had every opportunity to go and do completely as she pleased..no one to answer to, no one to supervise..Hailey had free rein at any and all times to go and be as wild as she wanted to.. Yet what she really was is anything but wild, rebelious, acting out ..she was not perfect and no holier than thou individual as she had experimented with smoking weed, but Hailey for whatever reasons just very much seemed to not be drawn to the wilder or darker elements that were always very much available to her...she imo was a soul much wiser beyond her young 13 years..a soul that was genuinely warm and such warmth radiated from the inside out of Hailey..

So, tho she had every opportunity to be as wild as she wanted, with wilder, darker elements literally surrounding her, yet Hailey was very much just the opposite..
Byerley characterized the 13-year-old as not getting along with her mother’s boyfriend, and Hailey herself as always wandering “here and there,” coming and going largely “as she pleases.”

But rather than a little girl lost, Byerley painted a picture of a compassionate person, whether it was taking care of a mutual friend or a family pet, a girl who remained “very much an individual,” with an honest style of communication whether talking about school, family or friends.
For as dysfunctional and quite possibly even abusive(with claims of Adkins behaviors that Hailey feared and complained of)..along with drug use scattered all through both sides of Haileys family.. Despite all of this, along with opportunity beyond belief to go and do anything at all that she pleased...

Yet still 13year old Hailey Dunn was anything but wild, hiding a lifestyle that in the end proved dangerous.. She was none of that but rather much the opposite in that she was firmly grounded, kept extremely close the bonds between family, and spent the majority of her free time away from school, practice, and games, was spent with those whom Hailey's young, yet little wise ol' soul cared for and loved the very most...her family.. Her family IMO was 13yo Hailey Dunn's world..

SmoothOperator, on one of those recent rambling [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186487"]Blog Talk Radio shows[/ame], Billie did say that Hailey spent the night "all the time" at her best friend's house.

SmoothOperator, on one of those recent rambling Blog Talk Radio shows, Billie did say that Hailey spent the night "all the time" at her best friend's house.

That's my point, wasn't MBG Hailey's BFF? Yet Cecila said Hailey had never stayed the night at her home.:waitasec:

I remember we discussed this way back when. Just another thing in this case which was never clarified. These are the types of issues NG should have went over and tried to focus on in her recent rehash.

F R U S T R A T I N G !!

I totally agree. There is no evidence to suggest she was running wild or had a secret life. However, I don't think these kids were supervised. Wish we knew how many times Hailey had sleepovers without anyone even noticing she was gone.

What a sad mess this case is.

Actually, there is evidence of that.

1) MB's mother's comments about what happened when MB stayed overnight at the Dunns, and why she wouldnt allow it again. It was specifically because she found out that they were running wild, and mom didn't like it.

2) Comments made by the "family friend" that HD periodically lived with, who stated that BD came and went as she pleased.

3) BD's complete lack of concern about the unplanned and apparently spurr of the moment "stayover" the day she went missing. Obviously this was normal behaviour for HD and nothing unusual.

So, it is pretty clear IMO that she was running wild (which means that her activities were not tightly controlled or even monitored by her parents). she could have been doing anything and they would be none the wiser.

We don't know anything about what HD did when she was unaccounted for because no one is talking. While no one is comming out and saying that she was doing things of a dubious nature, it is equally true that no one (other than family) is comming out and saying that she was a straight arrow either. Where are all the friends talking about how she was just a regular girl doing regular things? There is this big silence from her peers. They appear to be keeping out of and away from the situation. Did she not have any friends at all? And apparently BD has still not had a chance to have a good talk with MB. That implies tension between the families, so why, if HD was just a regular girl.

I'm telling you, there is stuff we don't know.

That's my point, wasn't MBG Hailey's BFF? Yet Cecila said Hailey had never stayed the night at her home.:waitasec:

I remember we discussed this way back when. Just another thing in this case which was never clarified. These are the types of issues NG should have went over and tried to focus on in her recent rehash.

F R U S T R A T I N G !!

Sort of my point. BD thought HD was at MB's house on more than one occasion. MB's mom says she never was. If she wasn't there, then where the hell was she? No one seems to know.

There is a control here btw, while you might argue that BD and SA might lie about stuff like that for some nefarious purpose, DD would have no reason to. If he knew that they were lying about that he would be sure to tell someone else, and that eventually would make it's way back to LE.

The implication is that both BD and MB's mom are telling the truth, but then where was HD actually on those nights?

So many questions.

F R U S T R A T I N G !!

No, as you can see from sreshowtime's post in that thread, Hailey's best friend was HR.

IMHO in the grand scheme it really doesn't matter who was whose best friend...a young lady is missing, regardless.
I can't even begin to imagine how any of her friends, whether they were 'besties' or not, have had to deal with the reality that she went, and remains, missing. I sure hope that they have had caring, loving parents, and others, to help them along through out this whole sad situation. I venture to guess they may outwardly appear to be doing well, but inwardly it must be a real heartache....as it is for the many others, who now consider her OUR Hailey.

Where is Hailey?

IMHO in the grand scheme it really doesn't matter who was whose best friend...a young lady is missing, regardless.
I can't even begin to imagine how any of her friends, whether they were 'besties' or not, have had to deal with the reality that she went, and remains, missing. I sure hope that they have had caring, loving parents, and others, to help them along through out this whole sad situation. I venture to guess they may outwardly appear to be doing well, but inwardly it must be a real heartache....as it is for the many others, who now consider her OUR Hailey.

Where is Hailey?

The discussion became about best friends but I think the point Tugela was trying to make is the day Hailey disappeared Hailey allegedly told Adkins she was going for a sleep over at MB's house. We then find out Hailey never slept over there. Not that night not ever. If she never had sleep overs there then where did she go? Why would Billie lie about something like that when it could be easily verifiable? Why would MB's mom lie about it?

There is no reason these women would have to lie about it so the question is, where did Hailey go on those nights when she was telling mom she was going for a sleep over at MB's house?

Make sense?

Actually BD did say/claim in some conversation on a FB, that Hailey had spent the night with MBG 2 or 3 times....and when asked 'how do you know that is where she went', she said, 'well that is who she left with'.
That is not word for word, but the jist.
Take it for what you want, I can't link obviously, but it is/was there.
So one mom says she did... the other, she never...

It is my opinion that the text message with those three words are the closest thing we have in this case to a smoking gun. If it does indeed exist and say what it allegedly says, then it is very clear that someone in this case must be lieing. (There are other things which suggest that too, but they are somewhat more murkey).

Just what exactly it means however is the problem.

Actually BD did say/claim in some conversation on a FB, that Hailey had spent the night with MBG 2 or 3 times....and when asked 'how do you know that is where she went', she said, 'well that is who she left with'.
That is not word for word, but the jist.
Take it for what you want, I can't link obviously, but it is/was there.
So one mom says she did... the other, she never...

bbm

Exactly. So who is lying and why? Or did the girls go elsewhere to stay? What if MB told mom she was having a sleep over at Hailey's and vice versa but they were both not?

Just a thought.

Poor Hailey
icon9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads