128 Students Suspended at Ind. School

Peter Hamilton said:
Cheating at our private school was unheard of--nobody mentioned it,nobody tried it---The only thing which was used once were "Cliffs Notes',which you bought in a store,a small publication that condensed lengthy works of literature,while emphasizing important points--After all,none of us really wanted to actually read Moby Dick :)
I went to a private school my entire schooling including university and medical school. We didnt have Cliffs Notes but we had things that were similar. Our lecturers would specifically pick things on exams that you would have had to actually read the book to know. For example, what was the colour of the walls in the room where conversation such and such took place. It was horrifying!

KJERVIS said:
I went to a private school my entire schooling including university and medical school. We didnt have Cliffs Notes but we had things that were similar. Our lecturers would specifically pick things on exams that you would have had to actually read the book to know. For example, what was the colour of the walls in the room where conversation such and such took place. It was horrifying!
Yikes!

Amraann said:
This principal would need to be airlifted to Miami's Jackson Memorial Hospital if he ever tried to work at a school in the Keys.

Not only would he be sending the students home but the staff too.

Although I don't see to many wearing low cut shirts or the excessively baggy jeans, they definately wear tank tops and flip flops.

I don't know why they can't wear tank tops as long as they are those speg strapped ones that show your bra straps or dip low in the front or have baggy underarms that show your bra too. A reg tank top that covers everything should be allowed in the hot weather...IMO.

Bobbisangel said:
I don't know why they can't wear tank tops as long as they are those speg strapped ones that show your bra straps or dip low in the front or have baggy underarms that show your bra too. A reg tank top that covers everything should be allowed in the hot weather...IMO.
Its probably easier to say no tank tops then to have to set guidelines as to what sorts of tank tops are acceptable. Besides you know kids, if they can push something they will.

KJervis,our English teachers did the same thing--they knew we had Cliffs notes for some books so they got the cliff notes themselves and then deliberately put quotes on the tests that were not in the Cliffs notes--they'd state, ok here is a quote from the book,who said it and why!--lol--so the notes only aided us in a somewhat marginal way

Yet another problem with the camera phones has to do with taking inappropriate pictures of people in bathrooms/locker rooms with or without their permission and sending them to other students or posting them on the web.
My principal said, "Our students would never do THAT!" Boy, was she WROOOOONNNGGG!

KJERVIS said:
You mean I'm not the only one? LOL

World history in college, professor says for the final he'll test on facts. Please do not waste your study time on dates..........

We get into the auditorium and when we open our test booklets there's a massive groan. The final is all dates. I somehow managed to guess the correct answers most of the time and pulled an A. I don't think I could ever do that again in a test.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back