16 Different Versions of Darlie's story

I'm very late to this case, and I have a question that I haven't seen addressed anywhere, but I may have missed it because I'm very late to this case.

My question is: If Darlie wanted to get rid of her sons, why didn't she simply wait until the boys were dead to call 911? Her story then could easily have been that she woke up to find them bloody and deceased and having injuries of her own.

Because she panicked at seeing the amount of bleeding she herself had. That's why she complained about the ambulance taking too long.

And why wouldn't she wait for a chance to kill all three? Why leave one?

First, the baby was upstairs with her husband. How could she murder Drake without her husband waking up and seeing this occur? Secondly, the 2 older children were the problem for her. They were loud, mischievous, and their dirty little selves were messing up her white carpet. Just a few hours before they emptied water out of her precious hot tub. Also, not listening to her; remember the birthday party where she smooshed birthday cake in Devon's face and warned him not to try to get even with her for doing it. Lastly, she had a "babysitter", a neighborhood girl, helping take care of Drake. And Darlie maybe WAS trying at least to harm him,or allow him to harm himself, if you've read the trial transcript. Covering his head with a blanket to impede his breathing, not securing him in his high chair, letting him toddle into a glass topped table. She wasn't exactly a careful, watchful mother to baby Drake.

As far as LE and the Judicial System are concerned evidence establishes guilt. Motive is nice to have but unnecessary. The evidence points to Darlie and only Darlie. She alone knows why she did it. My opinion as well as that of her trial jury's.

I have always been of the opinion that Darlie took some kind of medication, either sleeping pills or pain pills (or both) and woke up in a stupor of sorts. Maybe she was hallucinating. Maybe one of the boys cried in his sleep from a nightmare, and she just went berserk and grabbed the knife and we know what happened. I don't think it was premeditated, but I do believe that by the time she called 911 she realized what she had done. I feel sorry for her in a way, but my heart breaks for those boys, especially Drake, because he was too little to remember his brothers and they never had the chance to experience life. JMHO, of course.

I have always been of the opinion that Darlie took some kind of medication, either sleeping pills or pain pills (or both) and woke up in a stupor of sorts. Maybe she was hallucinating. Maybe one of the boys cried in his sleep from a nightmare, and she just went berserk and grabbed the knife and we know what happened. I don't think it was premeditated, but I do believe that by the time she called 911 she realized what she had done. I feel sorry for her in a way, but my heart breaks for those boys, especially Drake, because he was too little to remember his brothers and they never had the chance to experience life. JMHO, of course.

According to the trial transcripts, the only medications in her bloodstream were the diet pills she was taking. Amphetamines, not barbiturates.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back