16 year old girl raped-you tube

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/05/15/rape.online/index.html

Orange County authorities charged the 23-year-old man Crystal accused of assaulting her with lewd or lascivious battery. According to court documents, Crystal and the man both said they had an ongoing sexual relationship.
The prosecutor, who declined to comment to CNN, concluded that the teen and the 23-year-old had consensual sex, according to the case file.
Florida law states that a 15-year-old cannot give consent to sex. And though Crystal was 15 at the time of the alleged forced encounter, the prosecutor wrote that the case would not be prosecuted because Crystal was "a mere 1 month away" from turning 16, when it would be "legal to give consent," according to documents.
A spokeswoman for the Orange County state attorney's office declined to comment further.

Related:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/05/16/myspace.lawsuit.ap/index.html

This is pretty radical.

Earlier this month, after Crystal and her father learned of Pegues's decision, the teenager recorded and posted her YouTube video, which can be found above. In that clip, Crystal--for the first time--claims that she was raped by Mundling. In her prior police statements, she repeatedly told probers that the sex was consensual and that, "I wanted a guy in my life 'cause my mom's boyfriends have never been there for me. And my dad wasn't there so I thought alright he's older maybe he'll respect me, but it didn't go like that."

During a contentious May 5 conversation with a prosecutor, records show, Crystal's father was "only concerned w/threats (UTube, press, etc.)" and "indicated he will sue." (14 pages)

E-mail story to a friend.
Buzz up!

Thanks SeriouslySearching for welcoming me, and also thanks for finding a news article about it :)

I dont think 1 month away from being 16 should change the fact that it was rape. They might as well put the cut off date to 15 years and 11 months instead. At least they have him for battery.

Philamena its alright for what you posted, just to let you know yes Vegas aired it on our new channels last night. I watched it and became curious and so I brought it to this site to have it discussed as I was very curious of what others thought. Im not in anyway involved with the case. I know nothing personally from it. :)

ahhh Thanks honey. I thought my post to you sounded rough and if it did, I apologize. WELCOME to WS. You will love it here.

I guess it proves many of us are possibly too skeptical around here. I was admittedly on the fence about it.

The law is on her side in this even if she did bring it to their attention because she was angry with him. It states he knew she was 15 at the time.

What about the people providing her with booze, pills, and weed?! Were they charged for the contributing factor here? WTH?

ahhh Thanks honey. I thought my post to you sounded rough and if it did, I apologize. WELCOME to WS. You will love it here.

Thanks :) I believe I will love it as I have no one to discuss this stuff with at home! Dont worry about the post, if ever it sounds rough, I'll just reply back nicely anyways.

This is pretty radical.

It is also more in-line with my initial response to the tube itself. I didn't believe Crystal nor her version of the story from the video.

That said, I do have a problem with the prosecutor claiming that one month away from her 16th birthday would have an impact on the charging in this case. Perhaps she was shielding the real reason why there was no prosecution but imo it was not a very smart thing to say.

I dont think they go after the lesser of the charges because it would be to much costs for the court and forensics and so on. So I suppose her having consensul sex being turned into raped was only because she was angry at him, meaning there is no evidence left behind saying he forced himself on her. So... in the end they just charge him with what evidence they do have on him. Which makes sense.

It is also more in-line with my initial response to the tube itself. I didn't believe Crystal nor her version of the story from the video.

That said, I do have a problem with the prosecutor claiming that one month away from her 16th birthday would have an impact on the charging in this case. Perhaps she was shielding the real reason why there was no prosecution but imo it was not a very smart thing to say.

Great comment.

Great comment.

Why thank you! :)

I was just thinking to stay-off this thread for a bit since it's so active and my posts are going-up after those with similar remarks, as if I've got a ditto problem, ha.

With kids today (yikes, I do so dislike sounding like that) and the way they use the net (youtube and so forth), plus with my experience in the juvenile justice system albeit many years ago, Crystal just didn't ring clear as a bell to me. ;->

Why thank you! :)

I was just thinking to stay-off this thread for a bit since it's so active and my posts are going-up after those with similar remarks, as if I've got a ditto problem, ha.

With kids today (yikes, I do so dislike sounding like that) and the way they use the net (youtube and so forth), plus with my experience in the juvenile justice system albeit many years ago, Crystal just didn't ring clear as a bell to me. ;->

I think SHE thinks she's been raped, at this point. It's almost as if she's been worked up to this. I would hope her father didn't put her up to this. To me that's just further rape, in a way.

Sadly though, if it's true there was a prior sexual relationship I don't think a jury would convict him.

I hate to say it, but I think her whole life has been screwed up. She talked about her mother's boyfriends (plural) not being there for her...I don't even want to go there. Then her father hasn't been in her life for 14 years. I think that plays into this a lot. She wants to keep him in her life so she's doing all this.

She's reaching out for help, but not the right kind.

:(

I watched that when I watched the one from the girl asking for help. This girl the one from canada is believeable and shes very touching.

Thanks :) I believe I will love it as I have no one to discuss this stuff with at home! Dont worry about the post, if ever it sounds rough, I'll just reply back nicely anyways.

You are too sweet. ;)

Is the girl claiming that the guy raped her all along, the first time, later on, or statutory rape? I have problems viewing videos with my computer.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back