17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pontiac Teacher Claims She Was Fired For Trayvon Martin Effort

April 10, 2012 6:45 AM

PONTIAC (WWJ/AP) – Activists are planning a protest in support of a Pontiac teacher who says she was fired for helping students organize a fundraiser in support of the family Trayvon Martin, a teen shot to death by a Florida neighborhood watch volunteer.

A news conference was planned for Tuesday, followed by a rally for justice at 6 p.m. at Detroit’s Historic King Solomon Baptist Church, in support of Brooke Harris – who was fired from her job at Pontiac Academy for Excellence Middle School...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/04...aims-she-was-fired-for-trayvon-martin-effort/

April 10, 2012 at 9:42 am

Pontiac teacher says she was fired because of Trayvon Martin fundraiser
By Josh Katzenstein
The Detroit News

Pontiac— A Pontiac charter school teacher said she lost her job because of a fundraising idea to honor Trayvon Martin, the teen shot in Florida.

The firing has generated national attention. The Mississippi-based Southern Poverty Law Center demanded Monday that Brooke Harris be reinstated and a petition at change.org had nearly 5,000 signatures Monday night.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120410/SCHOOLS/204100353#ixzz1reXFJ8M7

I have thought about this....if Trayvon thought he was being followed by a pervert (which in this day and age is very likely), he would first be scared for himself, but may not have wanted the pervert to know where he was living because of the 13 year old soon to be step-brother that he knew was in the home that he was heading to. I know there have been a couple of times at night where I have felt like I was being followed (in my car but same idea) and instead of going home I would go down several side streets to see if the person was still going to follow me, one time the car kept following me so I drove to the nearest police station, the car didn't stop following me until I had actually turned into the police station parking lot. I was not going to drive home and let the person following me know where I lived, Trayvon may have been trying to protect his younger soon-to-be sibling, by not wanting the pervert following him to know where he lived. :moo:

This is very wise...in the Carr brother murders here, a friend of mine was the next door neighbor to the victims. The Carrs had followed her car home, they drove around the block after she pulled into her garage. When they came back they rang the bell and forced their way into the victims home....it was a duplex and it is believed that they mistook which side she had gone into after following her home. They had previously followed home and murdered another woman as she pulled into her driveway. It is NEVER advisable to go to your home if you feel you are followed. Drive to a police or fire station, or to a well lit 24 hour store such as Quick Trip and pull in front of their front doors. (ok, done with the public service announcement)

jmo

Pontiac Teacher Claims She Was Fired For Trayvon Martin Effort

April 10, 2012 6:45 AM

PONTIAC (WWJ/AP) – Activists are planning a protest in support of a Pontiac teacher who says she was fired for helping students organize a fundraiser in support of the family Trayvon Martin, a teen shot to death by a Florida neighborhood watch volunteer.

A news conference was planned for Tuesday, followed by a rally for justice at 6 p.m. at Detroit’s Historic King Solomon Baptist Church, in support of Brooke Harris – who was fired from her job at Pontiac Academy for Excellence Middle School...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/04...aims-she-was-fired-for-trayvon-martin-effort/

Thanks, Bette. I just signed the petition at the link calling for Ms. Harris' reinstatement. :)

One relatively minor point is the 911 call was connected at 7:09:34 pm. The shot that killed TM can be heard 41 seconds into another 911 call that began at 7:16 pm for a time of 7:16:41 when Trayvon was shot.

That's a difference of 7 minutes and 7 seconds, not 8 minutes. Another factor to consider is that for the first 2:07 of the call, TM is walking in full view of Mr. Zimmerman. He started running at 2:07 into the call per GZ for a clock time of 7:11:41, exactly 5 minutes before he was shot and killed.

Your point being that why didn't he make it home has certain possibilities to consider, such as, what if someone was waiting in ambush down this long sidewalk?

TMSneak2.jpg

What if TM lost sight of his pursuer and started walking?

What if that someone had lived there longer than a few days, and knew enough to know he could run the path in red, himself?

TMSneak3-2-1.png

I'm not saying that's what happened, mind you, but what if it did? A forced march back to a vehicle would start explaining how the body could be found where this dispatcher says, wouldn't it?

"Lying in the grass....in the back yard of 2831 Retreatview Circle"

Trayvon Martin's Body Location 2 Per Sanford Fire and Rescue - YouTube

Other than that, I can't think of too many reasons, myself, that TM didn't make it home with his Skittles and tea.

Thanks for your work, papa! IMO this is a valid scenario. GZ crossed over to Retreat View on the sidewalk to look for an address and was walking down and took the next cut thru to return to his car. Can you give me a direction to where TM's destination was to give me perspective? I am just wondering if they met up again at the corner of the long sidewalk and the cut thru, but it looked to me like where Trayvon's body was found would show he retreated away from his dads fiance's house.

Sorry I am map deficient but visual person:D

MOO

wm

We have his word + physical evidence + the police report to support it.
Based on that (not just GZ's word), I believe TM attacked GZ. Was he justified ? I don't know.
Where did I say I blamed TM for not paying attention to GZ's phone call ? I blame TM for the role, that IMO he played when he attacked GZ.
Many believe that if TM attacked GZ it was because he was following him. For TM to feel threatened by GZ I would expect that he was pretty close, right ? That's why TM was scared ? Since we know GZ was on the phone with LE for some time, it's plausible that he knew GZ was talking to LE. Maybe that's why he was mad.

GZ was in his car with the windows closed initially so how would TM know who he was talking to. Plus TM had earbuds in listening to a conversation he was having with his gf. This is documented information confirming he was on the phone with her this whole time. GZ followed him from the clubhouse down to the cut through when GZ got out of his car and started to follow. LE then told him to stay with his car and GZ said okay but still continued his pursuit to the next street over (Retreat View Circle) and was on his way back when GZ said TM jumped him from behind and knocked him down banging his head on the cement. Problem is TM's body was found yards away, in the grass (not sidewalk as GZ claimed) and nowhere near the cut through path where GZ claims he was attacked. This is a big problem for GZ. The LE report supports where TM's body was found and not GZ's story. jmo

Is this Trayvon's legacy ? This needs to stop. TM wasn't killed because he was black.

I agree that this needs to stop, and no doubt Trayvon's parents must be horrified that anyone would invoke their child's name in such a despicable way.

Hate and vigilantism are wrong, period.

There was also the eye witness report

There were no eyewitnesses to the initial assault. The best "witness" -- the one unaffected by dark or subjective interpretations -- is the audio heard on the 911 tapes.

I think GZ's speach sounded slurred ???

funny, I had the same thought about one of the female 911 callers. She sounded completely loaded to me. Then I paid attention to the dispatcher's voice and she also sounded a little slow, but it wasn't so pronounced. That made me wonder whether it's just the recordings. I didn't notice for GZ, but not saying it wasn't there, too. I just didn't notice it until I listed to that woman's call and wasn't listening for it when I was listening to him. I was listening for the alleged racial slur at the time.

But one is left with the belief that the crime was not fully investigated because he was black. What police department sends out a narcotics investigator to process a homocide???? On the report the Major Crimes division was called when LE determine TM was deceased. This is a little fact that paints a clear picture of what LE thought TM's role was in his death. jmo

But the cowardly bad guys aren't going after cops, they're going after innocent people because of their skin color. What hypocrites. I just can't get the mind set.

It appears he was. He certainly wasn't hunted and killed because he had skittles. :)

Hunted ? Where's the proof of that ? Really what evidence supports GZ killing TM because he was black ?

One relatively minor point is the 911 call was connected at 7:09:34 pm. The shot that killed TM can be heard 41 seconds into another 911 call that began at 7:16 pm for a time of 7:16:41 when Trayvon was shot.

That's a difference of 7 minutes and 7 seconds, not 8 minutes. Another factor to consider is that for the first 2:07 of the call, TM is walking in full view of Mr. Zimmerman. He started running at 2:07 into the call per GZ for a clock time of 7:11:41, exactly 5 minutes before he was shot and killed.

Your point being that why didn't he make it home has certain possibilities to consider, such as, what if someone was waiting in ambush down this long sidewalk?

TMSneak2.jpg

What if TM lost sight of his pursuer and started walking?

What if that someone had lived there longer than a few days, and knew enough to know he could run the path in red, himself?

TMSneak3-2-1.png

I'm not saying that's what happened, mind you, but what if it did? A forced march back to a vehicle would start explaining how the body could be found where this dispatcher says, wouldn't it?

"Lying in the grass....in the back yard of 2831 Retreatview Circle"

Trayvon Martin's Body Location 2 Per Sanford Fire and Rescue - YouTube

Other than that, I can't think of too many reasons, myself, that TM didn't make it home with his Skittles and tea.

I could see if TM were to have run around the end of those buildings and hid behind the privacy fencing on a porch until he saw GZ running down the cut through path to the next street. Then thinking GZ was gone TM continued to walk home figuring he had lost GZ. TM could have felt he could still put enough distance between he and GZ if GZ came back that way so it makes more sense that GZ was headed down towards the back gate when LE told him to back off. He then would have used the area between the homes to circle back to his car. It would also explain how Mary C claims she heard their arguing from a couple of houses down only for them to end up outside her porch area.

It would help if we had the locations for all the 911 calls. That might give us a clear picture of where GZ first encountered TM.

I think what you are saying here fits the timeline better than what we have so far. jmo

There were no eyewitnesses to the initial assault. The best "witness" -- the one unaffected by dark or subjective interpretations -- is the audio heard on the 911 tapes.

There was a witness who said TM was on top of GZ and hitting him.

Thanks for your work, papa! IMO this is a valid scenario. GZ crossed over to Retreat View on the sidewalk to look for an address and was walking down and took the next cut thru to return to his car. Can you give me a direction to where TM's destination was to give me perspective? I am just wondering if they met up again at the corner of the long sidewalk and the cut thru, but it looked to me like where Trayvon's body was found would show he retreated away from his dads fiance's house.

Sorry I am map deficient but visual person:D

MOO

wm

GZ's father is the one that got me started considering this possibility. He very specifically told us that his son was close to half way there when he described his search for "an address" where the main sidewalk met the other street.

What's that they say, "In every lie there's a little truth?"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scaaastoxl0"]Zimmerman - A Story That Cannot Be True - YouTube[/ame]

Just a little interjection on possibly why we haven't heard yet whether or not charges will be filed.

I know this is a little morbid, and certainly wouldn't be mentioned publicly if this was part of the delay since it could incite more violence IMO, but...

It's certainly a real possibility that Trayvon might have been exhumed for a second, independent autopsy.

Depending on how thorough the first autopsy was - whether or not the ME looked for any signs that TM had been physically attacked, other than being shot - I would think that a second autopsy might be performed to make sure nothing was missed in the first one.

Considering the lack of faith in LE in Sanford, I don't know that the family or Corey would necessarily be comfortable in just taking the first autopsy results at face value. Just from the little that I've heard in the media, about running tox on TM, etc. (to figure out what HIS motivation was that night for allegedly attacking GZ?), I don't know that the ME would have been extremely careful in looking for injuries to TM to show that TM was literally in a fight for his life. You'd hope that they would have been thorough, but who really knows for sure....

JMHO

But the cowardly bad guys aren't going after cops, they're going after innocent people because of their skin color. What hypocrites. I just can't get the mind set.

But if LE had been permitted to do their job we would not have the situation we have now. If GZ had listened to LE we would not have the situation we have now. If GZ had obeyed the rules of the NWP we would not have the situation we have now. If it was not for GZ we would not have the situation we have now. jmo

GZ's father is the one that got me started considering this possibility. He very specifically told us that his son was close to half way there when he described his search for "an address" where the main sidewalk met the other street.

What's that they say, "In every lie there's a little truth?"

Wouldn't it be nice if during that alleged search for an address, that GZ had recalled the name of the street he was on?

Retreat View Circle.

Had he simply viewed instead of pursued, TM would most likely still be alive.

IMO

Was GZ taking classes in criminal justice at one of the local colleges at the time of the incident? Wonder if anyone connected to SPD taught there??

I don't know what classes GZ was taking. The Orlando Sentinel reported on March 25, 2012 the Seminole State College expelled GZ for saftey reasons.

Just a little interjection on possibly why we haven't heard yet whether or not charges will be filed.

I know this is a little morbid, and certainly wouldn't be mentioned publicly if this was part of the delay since it could incite more violence IMO, but...

It's certainly a real possibility that Trayvon might have been exhumed for a second, independent autopsy.

Depending on how thorough the first autopsy was - whether or not the ME looked for any signs that TM had been physically attacked, other than being shot - I would think that a second autopsy might be performed to make sure nothing was missed in the first one.

Considering the lack of faith in LE in Sanford, I don't know that the family or Corey would necessarily be comfortable in just taking the first autopsy results at face value. Just from the little that I've heard in the media, about running tox on TM, etc. (to figure out what HIS motivation was that night for allegedly attacking GZ?), I don't know that the ME would have been extremely careful in looking for injuries to TM to show that TM was literally in a fight for his life. You'd hope that they would have been thorough, but who really knows for sure....

JMHO

Not morbid at all. If the special DA felt it was necessary let's hope she did it because if she finds GZ was justified you know the family will want a second opinion and will go ahead and get one. I know I would and I would not care what the cost was. Was his body taken to Miami??? jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea