17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if you see two people fighting, which one are you supposed to help?

Agreed. If it's an adult and child, that's one thing, but two adults? I'd call the police, but I'm not going outside!

BBM

Ok, I'll bite.

Would you please explain how a tube of Chapstick and a toothpick could realistically put someone in fear for their life in the context of this situation?

Thanks!

Perception is reality for a person in the heat of the moment. If you don't know they are chap stick and a toothpick, you may perceive them as weapons. Ever hear of people robbing a store by putting their hand in their pocket and claiming they have a gun?

MarinadeDave has a photo of the scene by the tree and indicates that's where the body was. Could that be what you were thinking of?

http://marinadedave.com/journal/2012/3/22/the-tragedy-of-trayvon-martin.html#comments

Thanks, I just went to his site and saw the image you're referring to and believe Dave and Mr. Martin are saying the same thing.

"This is the spot where Trayvon died, just to the left of the small tree." would certainly be true if you are on the long sidewalk between the buildings, facing the tree.

Where Mr. Martin indicates the body was found scales 69 feet from the intersection of the two sidewalks which would be just to the left of the small tree.

I was talking about "John." There a 911 call that seems to fig with it being from "John" I agree no one said they saw that whole thing from start to finish, so that person either didn't call 911 or for whatever reason his call was not released.

:waitasec:

That's what I had said, when you responded that you don't know how I could say that. :waitasec:

This supposed witness says that he saw the whole thing, he was dwon there and that he said to stop and he was going up to call 911. We never heard that 911 call, the ones we heard said they didn't see what was going on.

To me it's a little hinky that either he never called 911 or that's the only 911 call not to get released.

No matter, time will tell and there's no point going round and round about it now.

JMHO

Great questions, IMHO and again, IMHO, needed to be addressed at the scene/time of the incident!:banghead:

BBM............Just addressing the question of blood flow....the amount of blood would be significant as the upper torso/chest area (where the shot is suppose to have hit) is very vascular. Adding to the primary vascularity of the body is the the perfusion of blood in the internal organs (the lungs & pericardial sac with the heart itself) that if punctured would result in massive blood loss. With a "hole" in the skin and agonal blood pressure, the "rolling around and scuffling" would permit the exiting blood to flow onto/into any available surfaces.

Example: think of a fluid filled toy within a balloon....break the surface of the balloon, air leaks out but if one punctures the balloon & the toy, both air & fluid pour out.
BBM
So all we need is a witness saying that they where "rolling around" to fit this scenario. JMO.

Don't people usually stay inside their homes during these kinds of things is because they don't want to get hurt themselves? How am I to know if I'm going to prevent someone from getting killed or just add another body?

They were following the rules of their NWP by calling 911 and staying put. Something GZ should have done. jmo

I would be very upset if I had been screaming for help and no one came out to help me.Had anyone came out it is very possible TM would not have been shot.

Or they could have ended up with more people shot.

Can they pull Trayvon's girlfriend's cell phone and texting records from the night he was shot? I think this could answer some questions! Especially what happened after 7:16 PM

I believe you're mischaracterizing what he said. He said that he didn't understand why the skittles and tea was coming into play so much; someone could only have chapstick and a toothpick and still put someone in reasonable fear of their life. Which is true.
Realistically I'd rather be confronted with chapstick and Skittles than a gun.

Perception is reality for a person in the heat of the moment. If you don't know they are chap stick and a toothpick, you may perceive them as weapons. Ever hear of people robbing a store by putting their hand in their pocket and claiming they have a gun?

Fair enough, Thanks!

It's certainly is by definition.

Hearsay is information gathered by one person from another person concerning some event, condition, or thing of which the first person had no direct experience.

Hearsay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Any statement made out of court not under oath is hearsay. The only time hearsay is not allowed in court is if the person who made the statement is not able to take the stand and swear to it one way or the other.

If I say well Joe Blow told me he killed Billy and Jimmy helped that would be allowed.

If Joe Blow was dead and could not refute or affirm it then the judge would not allow it, usually.

My grandma would have turned the hose on em!

Great questions, IMHO and again, IMHO, needed to be addressed at the scene/time of the incident!:banghead:

BBM............Just addressing the question of blood flow....the amount of blood would be significant as the upper torso/chest area (where the shot is suppose to have hit) is very vascular. Adding to the primary vascularity of the body is the the perfusion of blood in the internal organs (the lungs & pericardial sac with the heart itself) that if punctured would result in massive blood loss. With a "hole" in the skin and agonal blood pressure, the "rolling around and scuffling" would permit the exiting blood to flow onto/into any available surfaces.

Example: think of a fluid filled toy within a balloon....break the surface of the balloon, air leaks out but if one punctures the balloon & the toy, both air & fluid pour out.
Thanks that's what I thought too

Poor Trayvon, GZ's brother is NOW blaming TM for being out in the rain and taking cover..
I never heard such nonsense coming out of the mouth of a grown man...JMHO

Yep, the ole 'blame the victim' routine.

Seen that on enough cases. :maddening:

None of the witnesses reported seeing two men standing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500