17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 260+ condo units in the Retreat at Twin Lakes complex. It would be impossible for GZ to know every owner/renter / family / friends etc, imo.

This is why I'm wondering, if Trayvon was looking around, could he have been lost. I'm thinking all these condos look alike.

You know if GZ's brother doesn't give that wacky interview, the injuries stuff would be pretty straight forward. He had some minor injuries with a little blood. It was only the bro who started with the head slamming, being beaten to an inch of his life.

I think that may be right. Because there are multiple witnesses who called 911 and reported seeing the two men "wrestling" or struggling on the ground. It would not surprise me to learn that GZ was injured to *some* degree.

No, but you know, swing wide, a little woop woop as they go thru an intersection.

I think they have to be careful at those lights....because you know "some" elderly people can't hear those woop woops. And Florida has a lot of those...elders, not woop woops. jmo

Here's a question. What does GZ say were his and Trayvon's relative positions at the time the shot was fired? Were they struggling on the ground? Who was on top? If TM was above GZ when he was shot, I would expect blood to have gotten on GZ from that position, though I'm no expert. On the other hand, in at least one version Trayvon is said to have fallen backwards, which would imply to me that he was standing when he was shot.

Why was TM face down on the ground when police arrived? That position doesn't make sense if he "fell backward". However, if they were struggling on the ground when GZ got his gun out, it might make sense. But then I would also expect to see blood on GZ if they were in that close contact when TM was shot.

So many questions. . .

BBM.

That is the question I am waiting to have answered. I sure hope they factored distance and documented the bullet trajectory but who knows.

I think they have to be careful at those lights....because you know "some" elderly people can't hear those woop woops. And Florida has a lot of those...elders, not woop woops. jmo

I was driving down the road once and out of nowhere a cop car came speeding through the light (I had a green light) and he almost got me. He had no lights on and no siren on... he turned his lights on as soon as he almost hit me though. I don't think they're allowed to run those red lights without at least the lights on?

I still think at least some of that blood on GZ was from his touching Trayvon when he was standing over him, and then putting his hands to his head, acc. to witnesses.

Wow. That never occurred to me. She said that he put his hands to his head in the gesture she interpreted as, "What have I done", or something like that. Which struck me as odd in context with the rest of her description.

This is why I'm wondering, if Trayvon was looking around, could he have been lost. I'm thinking all these condos look alike.

I mentioned that early on. It was dark. TM could have been lost or may have become confused and headed the wrong way. That may be why their paths recrossed.

Keep in mind that a broken nose can show no outwardly visible signs of being broken. Also, as I've stated before, I had my head repeatedly slammed into a hard surface and I had no cuts or outward signs of the beating my head had taken, so I know for a fact that one can have their head repeatedly slammed and not show marks or bleeding. My face was a mess but it had received quite a beating too. Still, the painful lumps on my scalp were not really visible. No one would know they were there except me. And yet during the assault I had been in extreme fear that the contents of my skull were going to end up spilled out across the floor.

Would it take a cop car with its flashing lights on as long as mapquest says? I'm not sure.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

May I ask if you were taken to the hospital after your ordeal?

LOL, wondered who would be the one to catch that....that's why I didn't mention it. I think you're EXACTLY right.

"cleared" is a term LE uses, emts use release.
kind of makes me think LE didn't think his injuries were that serious :waitasec:

Since the 15-year-old girlfriend is being called to testify at the Grand Jury, that must mean the phone records matched up and she was telling the truth. I think that can be put to rest now? Right?

ETA: Telling the truth about being on the phone with Trayvon.

I haven't heard anything about the Prosecutor calling the Grand Jury - it would be unusual for her. Please, where is this information coming from?

When someone is called to testify, it does not mean they have been telling the truth, just saying.

BBM.

That is the question I am waiting to have answered. I sure hope they factored distance and documented the bullet trajectory but who knows.

Yes. And, obviously, entry versus exit wound. All of that should tell a story. It may not say exactly what happened, but it should be able to corroborate GZ's story or not.

ITA
<modsnip>

*Sigh*
I remain disgusted at those whose choose to blame and criticize and trash TM's family. It's abhorrent heartless, ignorant, cruel behavior. IMO.

I personally know I'd give anything and everything I had to give to get my murdered child back. I suspect the Martin family feels the same.

I think a huge helping of COMPASSION is in order.

This case has been astonishing in that respect. Not to be deliberately crude, but this case has been like peeling back a clean white bandage and discovering a gangrenous hate infected wound. It has been shocking to me, and I find myself sickened by the things I am hearing and seeing.

It is my hope, my prayer, that Trayvon's death will serve to tear that bandage away and bring that infection of hate into the light. We have to stop pretending that it isn't real, and attacking the people who want to expose and discuss it. It is PAST time that the good people of this nation say enough, we are not going to tollerate this evil on our streets, we are not going to tolerate it in our families and friends, and we are not going to welcome it into our hearts.

To be blunt, this &*^% has got to stop.

I still think at least some of that blood on GZ was from his touching Trayvon when he was standing over him, and then putting his hands to his head, acc. to witnesses.

I had thought about that as well. I think it's a very real possibility that's exactly what he did if he had blood on his head.

~jmo~

Keep in mind that a broken nose can show no outwardly visible signs of being broken. Also, as I've stated before, I had my head repeatedly slammed into a hard surface and I had no cuts or outward signs of the beating my head had taken, so I know for a fact that one can have their head repeatedly slammed and not show marks or bleeding. My face was a mess but it had received quite a beating too. Still, the painful lumps on my scalp were not really visible. No one would know they were there except me. And yet during the assault I had been in extreme fear that the contents of my skull were going to end up spilled out across the floor.

Would it take a cop car with its flashing lights on as long as mapquest says? I'm not sure.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

IDK, I'm just stumbling around trying to understand this deal like the rest of you are. Glad you were able to survive the bad experience of your own with a sidewalk.

I've never had that happen to me, but I don't mind telling you in my younger years, I had my nose broken so many times the doctors would send me Christmas cards every year trying to stay on my good side for the business I gave them, LOL.

The last time was several years ago when I was hit between the eyes with a bat at a softball game. I bled like a stuck hog in my truck and before I could even get to the bar for a stiff drink and an ice pack, both eyes were almost swollen shut.

I know every injury is relative and symptoms vary with circumstance, but I've just got a problem buying off on the supposed reason for Mr Zimmerman's claims of justification.

May I ask if you were taken to the hospital after your ordeal?

Doctors recommend waiting a couple of days before being seen with a broken nose. The EMT's may have given Zimmerman the same advice.

Still, not PREVENTING the beating by shooting him. Only intervening in it. It would probably help if we could look up the actual wording of the statute.

Posted in previous thread:

782.11&#8195;Unnecessary killing to prevent unlawful act.—Whoever shall unnecessarily kill another, either while resisting an attempt by such other person to commit any felony, or to do any other unlawful act, or after such attempt shall have failed, shall be deemed guilty of manslaughter, a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
History.—s. 13, ch. 1637, 1868; RS 2388; GS 3213; RGS 5043; CGL 7145; s. 719, ch. 71-136.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...ing=&URL=0700-0799/0782/Sections/0782.11.html

I have a good feeling about the FEDS being out there yesterday. We know they talked with neighbors, but I'm hoping they took Zimmerman's original written statement, his audio interview, and the walk-through he did with LE the next day and did a walk-through of their own.

The injuries were documented in the police report.

I don't think that was verified. LE saw blood on his face which they assumed was his nose and blood on the back of his head which they thought was a head injury. Could have been GZ's blood but it could also have been TM's. Theie focus was not on GZ's injuries but on TM's who was shot. The EMT would have known once he cleaned the blood away. If the EMT found no injury they wouldn't continue to clean him up, they would just clear him of any injuries. They clean the area where you would have a wound, not his whole head. So we could have been looking at dried blood on that video. I guess we will have to wait and see. It is interesting that they used the word "cleared". jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500