17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
My MIL just found out she will be a great grandmother for the sixth time. She's really really hoping for a girl - all the older great grand children are boys!

Since she just found out Monday, I'm not sure if there are any names picked out yet but I bet MIL has some suggestions ready.

Congratulations! I hope you get the nephew you're hoping for. Ever more I hope the baby is healthy and happy!

Actually, I would LOVE another girl... I just know this is one is a boy. It will be my mother's 3rd grandchild... she has given up on me and my younger sister. My older sister is her only hope! :floorlaugh:

My last niece, would have been named "Ocean Rayne" if it was up to me.. :floorlaugh: That's why I have no children!

Good luck to your family too! Babies are the purest forms of "new beginnings" I am so happy to have another one on the way!

Can I have a link to the "hose" incident? Pretty please?

Get your GPS out, we're on the road again. I wonder who will quit next??? Seems like a lot of people are either losing their jobs or are being asked to step down over this case. jmo

Everyone except our mods. They are getting overtime. :iamashamed:

:gomods:

I disagree. Their kids were in the act of throwing rotten eggs at a cancer victims house. There is no way they could have accused my DH of assault while they themselves were vandalizing that property,imo/ They also LIED to LE about where their sons were at the time they were throwing the eggs.

But I am pretty surprised about how upset people are about these bratty vandals being sprayed with water. I think I am out of step with the attitude here and I guess I am a bully and not a 'normal' person. Interesting realization but I am not sorry about it. I will spray them myself if they come back again. But I better stay off this thread because I see that I am way out of step and very unpopular, imo.

I was just letting you know that some parents (<modsnip>) no matter what their kids do, the kids are never wrong. And I wouldn't put it past someone like that to bring a lawsuit. Just giving you a heads up because of the definition of assault. You don't have to touch someone to be charged with assault. All GZ had to do was point his gun at TM and it is considered assault. Once you physically touch them it's battery. So essentially GZ was guilty of simple assault by using the hose. It would have been much easier if he had complained to the HOA and let them handle it if the parents refused to stop their harassment. jmo

Get your GPS out, we're on the road again. I wonder who will quit next??? Seems like a lot of people are either losing their jobs or are being asked to step down over this case. jmo

Can you please send me some links? I have been out all day? Who quit? Someone lost their job?

Can you please send me some links? I have been out all day? Who quit? Someone lost their job?

Mr. Oliver quit today. Mr. Wolflinger (I think that is the spelling) stepped down, the chief "reclused' himself.....oh, no that's what "judges" do. I don't know about Mr. Taaffe??? Is he still giving interviews??? Anyone know. jmo

I am so sorry, but what is the "water hose" incident? I've been on cloud nine all day and haven't been here, so could someone please explain it to me? Or link me?

"George would stick up for a chubby boy in the neighborhood who was being bullied, recalled Austin (who, like Stephanie, asked that his last name not be used). “And if George saw bullies walking by his house, he would pull out his hose and spray them down and tell them they were wasting their time and to go and do something else.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/02/u...-review-of-ideals.html?pagewanted=4&src=twrhp

Sorry, ynotdivein....thanks for fixing that for me.

Trayvon’s death was murder, Congressman Frederica Wilson says

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/...h-was-murder-congresswoman.html#storylink=cpy

...........Wilson appeared on an online video program hosted by Miami Herald World Editor John Yearwood. In her appearance, Wilson described racial profiling as a pervasive force in this country, and said she fears for the safety of her black son and three black grandsons.

Of the Martin case, Wilson said, “Oh, definitely Mr. Zimmerman murdered Trayvon Martin ...you can tell from the 911 tapes, and from the girlfriend’s conversation. You can tell from Mr. Zimmerman’s past.”

“He murdered Trayvon,” Wilson repeated. “He hunted him down like you hunt a rabbit.”

More at link....

Mr. Oliver quit today. Mr. Wolflinger (I think that is the spelling) stepped down, the chief "reclused' himself.....oh, no that's what "judges" do. I don't know about Mr. Taaffe??? Is he still giving interviews??? Anyone know. jmo

Mr. Oliver was the "friend" right?

Zimmerman's attorney Hal Uhrig disputing "we don't need you to do that" as not being the same thing as being told specifically not to follow Trayvon. Agrees that Zimmerman was acting as neighborhood watch official and asked if it was "wrong" to have had a gun on him replied that it wasn't illegal. Blaming Trayvon for smacking him in the head and breaking his nose which allowed Zimmerman to defend himself.

Don't guys just duke it out anymore? :crazy:

ets this is on Piers Morgan tonight.

Okay, I get the hole "water hose" thing... Didn't realize it had been discussed a lot on the last thread (wasn't here) and I don't want to add or go back to it because I realize it has been... yeah, you know?

Thank you to everyone who updated me really quick! That's why I love this forum!

O/T Adrienne, but you spelled MARTIN's first name wrong in your signature.

He did say he had left his job during the interview with Lawrence O'Donnell. I saved the program on my DVR just so I could rewatch it again because man, that was some of the greatest TV ever. Anyway, I'll go back through and see exactly what it was he said.

He is a very unusual person. I'll definitely leave it at that.

~jmo~

Pierce Morgan and his "British" sensibilities seems to find this ALL very disturbing (Zimmerman not being arrested)
Funny I wrote that before he even mentioned they wouldn't do things this way in Britain!!
Ha!

Question: Did GZ call 911 that night to report the suspicious person, or the police non-emergency number? TIA

I believe it was the non-emergency #

IMO

Sent from LG Esteem using Tapatalk

I grew up living next door to the neighborhood bully. He would stand in his yard and hose anyone and everyone that went by including cars, bikes. One Sunday morning he wet the entire family across the street while they were getting in their car to leave for church. The neighbor called LE, and the bully was taken to juvenile hall. This wasn't the first time someone had gotten fed up and called LE.
This kid was 13yrs old, the hose spraying was a juvenile act.
An adult like GZ doing this, means he's immature, and really doesn't know how to handle himself in these situations. Letting GZ have a weapon was a big mistake. :moo::moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500