17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zimmerman was declared indigent so I guess the state will end up paying him.

~jmo~

Okay. That makes sense. O'Mara won't be able to charge his regular fees if he is being paid by the State. He'll get what a Public Defender would get if I remember correctly?

Okay. That makes sense. O'Mara won't be able to charge his regular fees if he is being paid by the State. He'll get what a Public Defender would get if I remember correctly?

Yep, I think that is correct.

I'm interested in why this case has become such a lightening rod for hate.

Just last week there were two men from Tulsa who went out at night, armed, with the intent of shooting Black people and they did - 5 of them - totally innocent people they had no beef with whatsoever.

Why are they being ignored, and George Zimmerman probably wouldn't survive outside of the jail right now?

I guess I didn't ever really understand the seething hate people have for CA either, how she's different from any other mom who kills their darling child and then lies about it.

It's baffling why the public becomes riveted on certain cases, with a blood lust for vengeance, and other cases are pretty much ignored that seem much worse to me.

I really hope they don't waive his right to a speedy trial. I don't think I can handle that either.

Does anyone know is Zimmerman's attorney appointed by the court as his defense counsel or is he being paid privately. I don't recall reading this anywhere.

From the NY times

Saying his client has no money, Mr. O’Mara said that he was not charging Mr. Zimmerman and that he hoped to secure a low bond.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/13/us/george-zimmerman-to-appear-in-court.html?pagewanted=all

I think this one is a very good article.

I worry if he is not charging at all, because he may need a lot of time for this case.
I wonder if he can still get the court to appoint him so that he won’t ever get to a situation
where he can’t finish it due to funds.

Yes I'd have to go back and listen but the judge said something like You will get credit for this appearance or something to that effect. Which lead me to believe that perhaps he was granted indigence status.

They were talking so fast.......

With the info about GZ calling Nejame last month to try to retain him, I again question how involved (if they were ever involved) the two folks who ran that circus presser the other day were with the case?

I have heard from everyone else except GZ. How many of these people have really spoke to GZ and how many are just trying to grab their 15 minutes of air time?

I didn't put HLN or CNN on last night. Were either of these two former attorneys on TV? I would hope not. A new Attorney would take some serious exception to that I would imagine.

Just last week there were two men from Tulsa who went out at night, armed, with the intent of shooting Black people and they did - 5 of them - totally innocent people they had no beef with whatsoever.

Why are they being ignored, and George Zimmerman probably wouldn't survive outside of the jail right now?

I guess I didn't ever really understand the seething hate people have for CA either. how she's different from any other mom who kills their darling child and then lies about it.

It's baffling why the public because riveted on certain cases, with a blood lust for vengeance, and other cases are pretty much ignored that seem much worse to me.

I hate all mother's who kill their children?

I hate all mother's that sit by and watch their "boyfriends" abuse and murder their children.

I hate all father's that kill their children.

I hate father's who kill their children to get back at the mother.

I hate all father's who allow their "girlfriends" to abuse and murder their children.

I'm not ignoring what is going on in Tulsa? I know full well what is going on in Tulsa. There was a case just yesterday where a father went and shot the mother of his children and his two children in a Cracker Barrell. The coward then killed himself.

I don't ignore anything. All these people get the same hate from me.

MOO

That just does not add up. I'll tell ya, if someone has a gun pointed at me, i'm doing what they say, regardless of if I think they are right or wrong. The LAST thing I would do is come at the person. With a gun pointed at me the NUMBER ONE thing I would be thinking is "DIFFUSE THE SITUATION" Then wait for the police and tell the police that "this guy pulled a gun on me, I live here have every right to be here and is brandished a gun on me for no reason"

And how old are you? Remember Trayvon was 17 years old. GZ is the adult here, he's the one who should have been all this reasoning.

the story you are buying. What I believe is that GZ caught up to TM as part of his making sure this a$%hole wouldn't get away and TM asked him "Why are you following me" as his girlfriend heard and GZ said "What are you doing here?" followed by something physical which knocked Trayvon's earbuds out. That was when GZ restrained him, likely by grabbing his arm to prevent his getting away. TM liked became really scared then and tried to get away at which point who knows what happened in term so falling down but at some point TM sees the gun which is when he's screaming for his life which is when GZ decides to shoot him.

The only account which has TM doing this "You gotta problem" stuff is from GZ's father and his account included two encounters between GZ and TM which is completely unsupported by any evidence but you can believe it.

That just does not add up. I'll tell ya, if someone has a gun pointed at me, i'm doing what they say, regardless of if I think they are right or wrong. The LAST thing I would do is come at the person. With a gun pointed at me the NUMBER ONE thing I would be thinking is "DIFFUSE THE SITUATION" Then wait for the police and tell the police that "this guy pulled a gun on me, I live here have every right to be here and is brandished a gun on me for no reason"

Oh, he's getting paid alright. I suspect the ALEC and the NRA are ponying up big bucks in support of this case. Pro bono gets MO'M's name out there. Valiant lawyer defending the wrongly accused and all that. He's getting money but we'll never know exactly where it came from.

IYKWIMAITYD :floorlaugh:

Maybe he can go to some kind of program to get help for his issues while he is out on bond? I know he won't be able to have a gun because of the other Florida case. Remember LE found out GA had purchased a gun and they went and confiscated it?

I'm not so sure that other program he attended - the one for anger management - worked out so well before.

I guess I didn't ever really understand the seething hate people have for CA either, how she's different from any other mom who kills their darling child and then lies about it.

It's baffling why the public becomes riveted on certain cases, with a blood lust for vengeance, and other cases are pretty much ignored that seem much worse to me.

GREAT POST. :clap: :clap:

:( Sadly I believe that the cases that get attention are money machines.
I want to know why Al has not gone after the case you just mentioned?
I have not heard about it and it is wrong, that it is not getting more attention.
The only thing I am guessing is the country is racially heated right now,
and just maybe they are doing something without much Tabloid fodder.

But the vengeance and the hate is a very sad sign of the times.
You can hear it in the despicable music of these days.

Could have something to do with the way LE handled/investigated this case, compared to the one you referenced?

A feeling I have is there is a camp that has already triad Zimmerman,
they will say he has too much money in his canteen, does not need bond,
He is guilty just because he got out of the car, end of story.

I pray that the justice system will do much much better than that. :please:

I am very eager for some of the facts that we do not have. I heard enough opinions :twocents:

BBM, I have a question, no disrespect meant honestly but...this is an opinion board, that is what we are all here doing, voicing our opinions...so if you have heard enough opinions, what are you doing here?

the story you are buying. What I believe is that GZ caught up to TM as part of his making sure this a$%hole wouldn't get away and TM asked him "Why are you following me" as his girlfriend heard and GZ said "What are you doing here?" followed by something physical which knocked Trayvon's earbuds out. That was when GZ restrained him, likely by grabbing his arm to prevent his getting away. TM liked became really scared then and tried to get away at which point who knows what happened in term so falling down but at some point TM sees the gun which is when he's screaming for his life which is when GZ decides to shoot him.

The only account which has TM doing this "You gotta problem" stuff is from GZ's father and his account included two encounters between GZ and TM which is completely unsupported by any evidence but you can believe it.

How do you know that? BBM.There is an investigation in place
and we do not have all the details.
I guess you know it because you have made up your mind.
So let me ask you?
If you see a father spanking his little one, would you just say that bad parent, how dare he?
Because what you may not know is that kid was told 3 times not to run out where the cars are…
But you had not seen that part, you had only seen that he got spanked.
I can guess clearly what some may assess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1