17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPD did not want to take her statement. I am quite sure that she remembers every moment of that phone call and will for the rest of her life.

Can you please provide a link that shows that the SPD did not want to take her statement? I think I heard that she claims to have called the SPD, which remains to be substantiated, but I have not seen anything where the SPD said "we dont want to take her statement".

Can you please provide a link that shows that the SPD did not want to take her statement? I think I heard that she claims to have called the SPD, which remains to be substantiated, but I have not seen anything where the SPD said "we dont want to take her statement".

Actions speak louder than words, she kept calling them and they never called her back. They didn't have to say they weren't interested in what she had to say, their actions proved they were not interested in what she had to say.

MOO

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...ll-lee-to-officially-resign/?tag=breakingnews
Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee to officially resign

Sanford Mayor Jeff Triplett has called a special meeting with city commissioners at 4 p.m., where they will vote on resignation of Chief Lee.

A source within the Sanford Police Department said one of the acting chiefs may also tenure his resignation today as well.

wow. I wonder if this is an indication that maybe the internal investigation into spd actually turned up something. imo.

I think subornation of perjury is considered criminal but in practice, what with the attorney-client privilege keeping their conversations with their clients confidential, who is ever going to be able to prove what an attorney has or has not been told by their client? So it comes down to each individual's professional ethics imo, and sometimes practical considerations might win (in that if your client's story is confirmed horsefeathers and the prosecutor can prove it it may be better to choose another line of defense).
I personally know some defense attorneys- they will not ask their client if they are telling the truth so that they can better defend them. They do not want to know.

New homeowners threatened with guns and arrested - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I'm all for the right to own a gun, but this is going way too far! Could have easily ended up just like this case! :banghead:

Maybe, just maybe there needs to be some serious repercussions for gun owners when they do things like this! Even George, I don't think he should ever be allowed to have a gun again... I don't care if he "gets off" based on a flawed law!

MOO

Are you seriously implying that people should be held accountable for their irresponsible actions. Nah!! (total sarcasm) jk>

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ne...nty-sheriff-to-trayvon-martin-task-force.html

Scott names Orange County Sheriff to Trayvon Martin task force

TALLAHASSEE — Gov. Rick Scott announced Monday that he was adding Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demmings and Florida State Police Chief David L. Perry to a task force that will examine the stand-your-ground law that has been implicated in the Trayvon Martin case.

Scott announced members of the task force last week.

The task force, which will hold its first meeting May 1, will review the “stand your ground” law, plus other public-safety laws. The group will be chaired by Lieutenant Gov. Jennifer Carroll and Tallahassee -area minister R.B. Holmes.

Other members include state Rep. Dennis Baxley, R-Ocala, who co-authored the law, as well as former Florida Supreme Court Justice Kenneth B. Bell; Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle; Palm Beach Circuit Judge Krista Marx; several criminal-defense attorneys, three Central Florida lawmakers and even a Melbourne Neighborhood Watch volunteer.

Continuing to repeat the same thing as a fact does not make it so. We have no idea what happened and to continue to make the assumption that TM should have been home is speculation.

From my post on the previous thread:

If GZ spotted TM where your marker is at the 'he's running' comment and TM's ultimate destination was 379 feet from that point.

Average running speed of a human is 10mph which translates to 14.6 feet per second.

379 feet divided by 14.6 = 25.95 (seconds). Round it up to 26seconds.

So, the call from GF comes about one minute later than the 'he's running' comment. Do you deny that if TM was 26 seconds from his house from the point that 'he started running', he would of reached his house if he proceeded directly to it?

There is no reason why GZ's 2nd amendment right would he taken away if he is found not guilty.

Why?:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec: There is no patrolling involved.

How do you know what is involved in various watch programs?

Like I said, I bet there are different procedures and rules in various programs.

Why?:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec: There is no patrolling involved.

Exactly. Shifts would imply working hours and a paycheck. There is no payment for being on the neighborhood watch. All we have is a phone tree in my neighbhorhood. If something happens, phone calls start going out to everyone in the neighborhood. Now maybe they discuss who calls who, but there are no shifts. The neighborhood watch is volunteer. And the point is to keep a watch out. I'm sure GZ was watching all of the time anyway. No need for shifts with GZ around.

I know. That seemed a bit strange to me, too. Why would they care??? jmo

Maybe they understand how GZ has been perceived in the media (at least in the beginning via that 2005 photo) and don't want to encourage anything that might be perceived as a positive image for GZ.

Maybe they understand how GZ has been perceived in the media (at least in the beginning via that 2005 photo) and don't want to encourage anything that might be perceived as a positive image for GZ.

Or maybe they wanted him treated just like anyone else, who would have probably had to wear an orange jumpsuit. GZ shouldn't get special treatment. And that suit and shackles did not have a positive impact on him. He looked sick.

Exactly. Shifts would imply working hours and a paycheck. There is no payment for being on the neighborhood watch. All we have is a phone tree in my neighbhorhood. If something happens, phone calls start going out to everyone in the neighborhood. Now maybe they discuss who calls who, but there are no shifts. The neighborhood watch is volunteer. And the point is to keep a watch out. I'm sure GZ was watching all of the time anyway. No need for shifts with GZ around.

The word shift does not imply working hours and paychecks.

Many volunteer positions have shifts.

When I was a kid neighbors did not need to be on watch,everyone looked out for their neighbors and neighborhood.Sad how nowadays no one seems to care what happens right next door.

Or maybe they wanted him treated just like anyone else, who would have probably had to wear an orange jumpsuit. GZ shouldn't get special treatment. And that suit and shackles did not have a positive impact on him. He looked sick.

Reading the news and listening to the talking heads would make you think otherwise. And lets face it, a majority of people don't follow this stuff closely, they read the news and listen to the talking heads.

ETA: Is there a particular rule that a defendant must wear a orange jumpsuit to a bond hearing or any hearing for that matter?

And it also depends on the burglary itself. If you listen to Taaffe he makes it sound like armed robberies, all breakins. But I don't think that's the case. Wasn't one of them something about a friend of someone's kid who was at the house, that they thought stole things?

Here where I live included in burglary reports are things like bikes stolen from open garages, or from front porches, things stolen off of decks and from cars, even alcohol stolen out of open garages. I've had my GPS stolen twice while my car was in my driveway. And we live in what's considered a safe area, certainly no one goes chasing after kids that they don't recognize as being one of those ******* about to get away based on burglary reports.

JMHO

I wish I had saved those burglary reports before they disappeared from the Sanford site! I seem to remember that one of the burglaries was that a door had been stolen from a garage where it had been stored. Not to say that I wouldn't be upset that someone had been in my garage and taken something but it's not the sort of thing that would have been talked about all over the neighborhood.

Hyper-vigilance(GZ) and guns don't mix.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervigilance"]Hypervigilance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
Hypervigilance is an enhanced state of sensory sensitivity accompanied by an exaggerated intensity of behaviors whose purpose is to detect threats.
Other symptoms include: abnormally increased arousal, a high responsiveness to stimuli, and a constant scanning of the environment for threats

LOL I thought "neighborhood watch" meant your neighbors were looking out their windows. Shows you what a dumb old lady I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname