17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was clarified upthread that references to *cell phone* were in the vien of the person that took the photo, (perhaps a neighbor?) not that Zimmerman was on his phone. Please correct me ASAP if needed to so I can quickly correct this post if I'm incorrect.

You can see that Zimmerman is on a cell phone in the picture that was taken. One of our wonderful members, I believe either Papa or Dr. Fessel, blew the photograph up and you can plainly see the cell phone to his ear. The photo has been linked in these threads numerous times.

~jmo~

You can see that Zimmerman is on a cell phone in the picture that was taken. One of our wonderful members, I believe either Papa or Dr. Fessel, blew the photograph up and you can plainly see the cell phone to his ear. The photo has been linked in these threads numerous times.

~jmo~
Here:

TMStraight1-1.jpg

Just so everybody knows, the Daily Mail is like the National Enquirer. Its a tabloid paper, not a source of hard news.

"The Daily Mail is a British, daily middle-market[2] tabloid newspaper owned by the Daily Mail and General Trust.[3]

"The Daily Mail was Britain's first daily newspaper aimed at the newly literate "lower-middle class market resulting from mass education, combining a low retail price with plenty of competitions, prizes and promotional gimmicks",[4] and the first British paper to sell a million copies a day.[5]"

Daily Mail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a Reuters article, not really a Daily Mail article.
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reuters"]Reuters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

LOL, I didn’t see this little jewel until this morning.

Your scenario was not "nothing but speculation" (I didn't bold every statement), and neither were mine.

If I describe a scenario that hinges on a series of speculations, then, yes, of course, it too is probably pretty unlikely to be accurate. How unlikely depends on how many speculations there are, and the likelihood of each being true.

For example, if it has three speculations and each is 50% likely to be correct, then the entire scenario has a 12.5% chance (.50 *. 50 * .50) of being accurate. If each of three speculations is only 25% likely, then the whole scenario has only a 1.5% chance (.25 * .25 * .25, or .25 ^ 3) of being correct.

Your scenario hinged on a dozen speculations. Even if each has a generous 75% chance of being correct, the chance of the entire scenario being true is .75 ^ 12 = .031 or 3.1%. That's why I said it's highly unlikely.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7833062&postcount=757

Soooo……these calculations are saying that 3 statements, each containing a hypothetical 50% chance of being correct, when combined, would only account for a 12.5% chance of being correct as a whole?

Might better rethink those “calculations”.

Since percentage is a ratio of the number of units of the part to 100 units of the whole, to correctly arrive at the percentage of a combined whole for elements containing different percentage quantities of common parts, each like part’s percentage of the whole prior to being combined should be ADDED, not multiplied, then divided by the number of times for occurrence.

For example; If you have 3 bags containing 100 marbles each, 50 of which are blue in color, and you combine 3 of these bags into a box, anyway you analyze or calculate it 150, or 50% not 12.5%, of the 300 marbles in this combined bag box are still blue.

This scenario of if a dozen perceived speculations, EACH containing a 75% chance of being correct, were to form one WS member’s comment, the comment as a whole would STILL have the same 75% chance of being correct, not the ridiculous assertion of 3.1%

--he then apparently got into the mortgage business, and made big $$$'s.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/02/u...ple/T/Tavernise, Sabrina?ref=sabrinatavernise

After graduating from high school in 2001, Mr. Zimmerman moved to Florida, into a home that his parents had just bought for their retirement in Lake Mary, near Sanford. He began working as an insurance agent with an uncle, but he became a mortgage broker when the real estate market started booming. According to his father, he was making at least $10,000 a month by his early 20s.

It is interesting that there are no consistent accounts of George's work history. A godfather turns into an uncle; George's business failed, and yet he became a broker and made big bucks; his father says one thing, anonymous sources say another thing. Moreover, the question is, why?

That's not a documented lie.
Unless you were in their house everyday you can't say she embellished that.

It might seem doubtful to you, but not a documented lie.

JMO

A documented lie:

DE LA RIONDA: So, were you not aware when he got arrested for a violent crime in Orange County?

S. ZIMMERMAN: I'm aware of that situation.

DE LA RIONDA: And did that not involve him striking or in some way battering a law enforcement officer?

S. ZIMMERMAN: No.

little bit later....

DE LA RIONDA: He admitted that he struck a police officer when the police officer told him to abide by his commands?

S. ZIMMERMAN: The police officer didn't identify himself.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/20/cnr.01.html

She also lied about not seeing him angry in 5 years.

JMO MOO

It is interesting that there are no consistent accounts of George's work history. A godfather turns into an uncle; George's business failed, and yet he became a broker and made big bucks; his father says one thing, anonymous sources say another thing. Moreover, the question is, why?

A godfather can be an uncle.
A person can change careers after a business fails.

What is contradictory in that information?

Wow! Those are strong words IMO.

I think the prosecutor over charged as well. I don't think they will ever get a 2nd degree murder conviction.

JMO
And I think they undercharged- I think it was premeditated 1st degree murder, but I'll accept 2nd!

A documented lie:

DE LA RIONDA: So, were you not aware when he got arrested for a violent crime in Orange County?

DE LA RIONDA: And did that not involve him striking or in some way battering a law enforcement officer?

little bit later....

DE LA RIONDA: He admitted that he struck a police officer when the police officer told him to abide by his commands?

JMO MOO
There's no such thing as a husband NEVER being angry in 5 years. IMO. If so, it's an extraordinarily rare husband.

Also, wouldn't GZ have been angry when the Craiglists guy Z hired (or didn't hire) for his grad party - and he called the police cause the guy wanted to get paid, and Z said he wasn't going to pay him cause he already hired someone else...

I would think that lil incident we know of would have made him angry...how about a guy who can casually say to the police on the phone: these *******s always get away...and ****ing punks...isn't that ...er...anger?

Some practices are unethical and frowned upon even though they are legal.
The fact that that group of people is targeted should tell you how unethical it is.

When you reference "that group of people" you are speaking of the kids still in high school, getting ready to graduate? Kids the same age Trayvon was? The same kids our military sends recruits to speak with? I agree with the statement about the credit card company sending so many applications out, all four of our kids received the applications too, and this was back in the
80's and in the 90's, while they were still in high school, some weren't even working. It's crazy!

I also believe from the first time you accept responsibility for something your charater begins. If you don't teach your children that how will they handle it when they get older???? Do what ever they want and just din't take responsibility for it

Maybe his godfather is an uncle?

The money aspect is interesting to me. Somebody apparently thought that it's relevant that he made a lot of money. Is he a better person if he's earned lots of $$?

O'Mara has hinted that he will ask Zimmerman to be declared indigent, which would allow taxpayers to pay for his legal bills.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/26/zimmerman-website-shut-down_n_1455194.html

How did that happen? How did a real go-getter go from $10.000 a month to indigent?

A documented lie:

little bit later....

JMO MOO

How can you say she lied about not seeing him angry in 5 years? I don't get that.

The only way you can say she lied about that is if you were present when he was mad in her presence.

That's not a documented lie.
Unless you were in their house everyday you can't say she embellished that.

It might seem doubtful to you, but not a documented lie.

JMO
Perhaps not. It's enough for ME to doubt her credibility. In my opinion.

IMO JMO MOO

***nevermind. The post I was responding to went poof.

Reports say that his insurance business failed by 2005. That is a very short amount of time to be in business (11/10/2004) to 2005, WOW!

How does that have anything to do with the case? anything? How does this digging through the minutia of someone's life, determining that they had a business fail in a year have anything to do with this?

A documented lie:

little bit later....

JMO MOO

BBM

No kidding. :floorlaugh:
Show me a woman who hasn't seen her husband angry in 5 years and I'll show you a woman who can keep her eyes closed for a very, very long time.

Sorry, but I see a difference in an article that chronicles GS's life, and the initial articles that only showed one photo of TM where he was several years younger than the night of the accident. I would not be opposed to an article chronicling TM's life with as many photos as they want to include.

BBM

And that has nothing whatsoever to do with my point, nothing to do with an article chronicling their lives.

I think I made my points pretty clear, and I fully stand behind what I said, so probably need to move on because it can get to be like :banghead:

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member