2 grandsons of President John Tyler (1841-45) still alive

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
This should actually be in a new WS category called "News That Makes You Go, WTH?"

Grandsons of tenth president John Tyler are STILL ALIVE... and were born 140 YEARS after their grandfather
John Tyler, the tenth president of the United States, was born in 1790. He grew up on a Virginia plantation, became a lawyer, and went on to the White House after the death of his predecessor, William Henry Harrison in 1841.

In the years leading up to his presidency, horse-drawn carriages were the mode du jour, Arkansas, Michigan, Maine, and Missouri became states, and across the sea, Napoleon Bonaparte was conquering Europe.

But it has been revealed that two of the president’s grandsons are still alive – and were born nearly 140 years after their grandfather was.
---
how this odd-sounding fact came to be explained at Daily Mail link above

How amazing, that link with the past. When I lived in London, I used to walk my dog in the park with an elderly man who told me that when he first moved to London, his landlord could remember when most of London was fields.
I love this kind of thing

That is SO cool. And amazing. James Tyler and his son must have both been pretty frisky in their old age. ;) I'm going to show this to my kids.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back