2008.07.15 Caylee allegedly called Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that KC filmed these for the detachment reasons noticed above; I can't see GA or CA not coaching her or talking to her to elicit a response as most of us do when interacting with a small child. However, even though I can truly see this could reflect KC's typical way of interacting with Caylee, I also think maybe she fancied herself a professional "photographer" or imagined she was and that simply recording Caylee with no outside interference was the way she felt people did it on TV, like she thinks she's NGC or something. It is pretty eerie though.

Those vids are creepy. I do think it's KC filming, because there is one film where Caylee is in a blow up pool and I hear GA and possibly CA interacting with her behind the camera. I can't remember what they were saying to her, but they sounded thrilled that she was sliding stuff (like a cup of water) down the slide.

Those creepy ones have to be KC.

Those vids are creepy. I do think it's KC filming, because there is one film where Caylee is in a blow up pool and I hear GA and possibly CA interacting with her behind the camera. I can't remember what they were saying to her, but they sounded thrilled that she was sliding stuff (like a cup of water) down the slide.

Those creepy ones have to be KC.

Another example of CA interacting with Caylee when she videos her is the last video on Father's Day with Papa..... Cindy was talking to Caylee and telling her what to do.....

I always thought this "lie" (about the alleged phone call from Caylee) could be another indication of mental illness (I mean that Casey possibly believed it to be true). Someone who was intentionally lying to try to get out of trouble would not tell a story about a phone call that she knew would be disproved immediately and say that the contents of the phone conversation was so much like the "You are my Sunshine" video which if she was sane she would remember was known to others (her family, TL, possibly also LE by this time, I can't remember). Basically, her description of this phone call has always looked like mental illness to me, like she was blurring what she'd seen in that video into this fantasy of having spoken to Caylee and Caylee being fine. It has the same blurring/confused/deluded quality of the other "lies" she told in my opinion. Either mental illness or still affected by something she'd been taking or some trauma (possibly anyway). IMO.

I always thought this "lie" (about the alleged phone call from Caylee) could be another indication of mental illness. Someone who was intentionally lying to try to get out of trouble would not tell a story about a phone call that she knew would be disproved immediately and say that the contents of the phone conversation was so much like the "You are my Sunshine" video which if she was sane she would remember was known to others. Basically, her description of this phone call has always looked like mental illness to me, like she was blurring what she'd seen in that video into this fantasy of having spoken to Caylee and Caylee being fine. It has the same blurring/confused/deluded quality of the other "lies" she told in my opinion. Either mental illness or still affected by something she'd been taking or some trauma (possibly anyway).

What kind of mental illness are you referring to here?

I disagree that "someone who was intentionally lying to try to get out of trouble would not tell a story about a phone call that she knew would be disproved,..." (quote snipped most respectfully, by me, for emphasis and space). Why would someone lie about a phone call?? Um, on the same note, why would someone lie about an entire person, like a nanny? It's not like the phone call was the only lie involved here...

I think reasons for why Casey and many other people have lied and continue to lie, is a topic which has been discussed quite thoroughly here. I don't really need to get into that. So I'll stop :)

I always thought this "lie" (about the alleged phone call from Caylee) could be another indication of mental illness (I mean that Casey possibly believed it to be true). Someone who was intentionally lying to try to get out of trouble would not tell a story about a phone call that she knew would be disproved immediately and say that the contents of the phone conversation was so much like the "You are my Sunshine" video which if she was sane she would remember was known to others (her family, TL, possibly also LE by this time, I can't remember). Basically, her description of this phone call has always looked like mental illness to me, like she was blurring what she'd seen in that video into this fantasy of having spoken to Caylee and Caylee being fine. It has the same blurring/confused/deluded quality of the other "lies" she told in my opinion. Either mental illness or still affected by something she'd been taking or some trauma (possibly anyway). IMO.

Bold mine.

KC was used to dealing with Cindy and telling her lies. If Cindy accepted her lie, KC was happy...if Cindy didn't accept the lie, KC would keep on making up new stories until Cindy "bought it". IMO, KC was lying to LE and hoping they would just accept her lies as "truths", just like CA/GA did. Obviously, that didn't work out too well for her. :crazy:

Yes, I do think KC is suffering from her own kind of crazy. However, I think the sane part of KC's brain is used to spinning awful, silly lies and pitching them to CA and GA with much success.

I think KC thought LE would believe her simply because she said it...So, this was a ploy to get them off her case about killing Caylee. I mean, Caylee was alive and chatting on the phone, so KC should not be in trouble.

That was KC's plan. Crazy? Sure. But, more than that, childish. She thought she could say whatever and they would believe her (much like my 11-year-old would do if she stole a cookie from the cookie jar, lol).

Just in case anyone wants to believe that Casey actually heard from Caylee, number one, no phone records, number two Caylee's decomposing head hair was found in the trunk of the secured pontiac trunk, and number three, the plant experts estimate the time of the body disposal to be June or EARLY July (before July 15).

Even without the Body Farm experts on the amount of time a decompositional event had occured in the trunk (the 2.6 day estimate), these three things prove that Casey lied about the phone call happening on July 15, 2008. Not only do they prove she lied, but since Caylee was already DEAD, it proves consciousness of GUILT!

I sure hope the Prosecution keeps this case simple! Maybe add the items found with the remains being from the home, the tattoo Casey got, and the medical examiners testimony as to manner of death.

I'm sure the psych angles have been explored that ZFG was a personality Casey created to carry the blame of her act. IOW...handing Caylee over to ZFG at the Sawgrass steps on Monday meant Caylee's death happened @ someone else's hand...in her mind. Self-protection mechanism. With this approach Casey had to mentally call on ZFG on Thursday to take on the ugly task of disposal IYKWIM.

respectfully snipped :blushing:

Thank you for putting that so eloquently together for us. Envy from here. Respect from here. Looking forward to tomorrows hearing and what you'll have to share with us after that. You have my unadulterated attention and I hold you with highest regards. Thanks so much for your interpretation, insight and gray-matter (mine's all gone....):martini:

I respectfully disagree, Seagull, and agree with other posters who said that Casey was used to flying by the seat of her pants with her lies to G and C, and figured it'd work with the cops as well. As the conversation heated up and they started talking about Caylee being dead, Casey busts out with the fake phone call.

Casey: "Yeah, she's missing, but she's not dead. She called me today."

LE: "Oh, really? From what number?"

Casey: "An unknown number that was disconnected right away, so you can't find the number and there's no record of the call. Anyway, Caylee's fine."

LE: "Oh, ok. My bad. You might as well go home and let's forget all about this. We'll keep our eyes open for Caylee. Thanks for stopping by. By the way, love your shades."

Whatever. IMO there's no way she's crazy. She was just raised by two enablers who never gave her a reason to refine her lying skills. She's like a 2-year-old who insists she did not poop in her own pants, despite wearing pants full of poop. Up until now, G&C let her get away with that level of storytelling.

I do not have a link but there are other video where the same thing is going on. No verbal from the videotaper and Caylee seems frustrated. Obviously in videos where she is being videoed by her grandparents you can hear them on the tape and Caylee reacts in a positive manner. Some of the silent videos with Caylee will break your heart as she attempts to connect with the person taking the video and she gets no response.

In the video taken by the A's with KC and Caylee playing on the floor. Caylee grabs her mothers lip and pulls hard while KC is trying to pull away from her. At the very end of the video it is clear KC has had enough and lets Caylee fall off her onto the floor (okay, I'm done with this...get off).

If anyone has a link to these videos I would appreciate posting them here so wenwe4 could look at them also.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7QYbLkDsWU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7QYbLkDsWU[/ame]
I peronsally hate Caylees second birthday video :furious:

You can see Casey filming in the mirror in the first clip
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUXPEBeapc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUXPEBeapc[/ame]

It is obvious when George and Cindy are around, because they interact with Caylee. The strange, silent, lone filmer has to be Casey IMO.

It's definitely KC who is filming the Breakfast With Caylee video. Watch the window very closely -- you can see KC's reflection.

In the second video above that Eidetic posted you can hear Casey at the :43 mark say to her parents "You're going to get/be (one of those two words) all over the camara; you both are". Maybe, and I am not saying it is right or even normal, that is why Casey does not talk to Caylee on the videos that she did. It breaks my heart to see Caylee try to get her mother to say something to her while she is being filmed.

I respectfully disagree, Seagull, and agree with other posters who said that Casey was used to flying by the seat of her pants with her lies to G and C, and figured it'd work with the cops as well. As the conversation heated up and they started talking about Caylee being dead, Casey busts out with the fake phone call.

Casey: "Yeah, she's missing, but she's not dead. She called me today."

LE: "Oh, really? From what number?"

Casey: "An unknown number that was disconnected right away, so you can't find the number and there's no record of the call. Anyway, Caylee's fine."

LE: "Oh, ok. My bad. You might as well go home and let's forget all about this. We'll keep our eyes open for Caylee. Thanks for stopping by. By the way, love your shades."

Whatever. IMO there's no way she's crazy. She was just raised by two enablers who never gave her a reason to refine her lying skills. She's like a 2-year-old who insists she did not poop in her own pants, despite wearing pants full of poop. Up until now, G&C let her get away with that level of storytelling.

As a preschool teacher, this made me ROTFL like crazy! So accurate! Oh those little guys and their developing cognition...

As for Casey, you hit the nail right on the head with this one, too. I remember very early on in this case seeing something on tv (Nancy Grace, maybe?) about one of Casey's friends saying something about her walking a dog once and watching her dog doo doo on the neighbors lawn, then when the neighbor hollered at Casey about it, like immediately after it happened, she totally denied it was her dog's fresh doo doo on the lawn directly under the dog's booty. I never heard anything about that anecdote after that, and never read about it in an interview that I recall, so I assume it was B.S. (heh), but your poop reference reminded me...Casey denying that the fresh warm poop in her immediate vicinity has nothing to do with her...

tired, hope this makes sense:) preschoolers were wearing me out all day:dance:

It's definitely KC who is filming the Breakfast With Caylee video. Watch the window very closely -- you can see KC's reflection.

Thanks shezcrafti-I never noticed that! Her evil never ceases to amaze me!!:furious:
Welcome-1.gif

I saw this and other videos on You-tube and it hit me right away! Nobody responds to this precious little girl being filmed like some nobody off the street!!Ugh it makes my skin crawl. Why the silence? How mentally cracked for the child? Is she supposed to be the cinema for the crazy mother to enjoy? Well hope she never get's to see this pretty baby EVER again!!

I will never forget the first time I heard Casey on tape, telling the story to the investigators, of Caylee calling her.

I remember that when she was asked what Caylee said to her, Casey pitched her voice very high and said, "Hi Mommy!".

The hair on the back of my neck stood on end. I got 'goose bumps'.

For some reason, that was one of the creepiest things I have ever heard. Just the way Casey said it.

At that very instant, the first time I heard that tape, I knew Casey was lying.

I had a definite feeling Caylee was dead, and that Casey knew it.

U and me both. Seems like so long ago doesn't it. I remember KC telling LE that Caylee would only talk about "books and shoes" and how KC didn't even ask where she was, then Caylee hung up.

Didn't that supposed call originate to the phone in Blanchard park (that was never found)? I call it the sim card this and sim card that phone.

And you're right - the "HI MOMMY" bit was very overdramatic.

Mel

IF the plant experts can prove that Caylee was deceased prior to July 15, 2008, at trial....I most certainly expect the prosecution to also admit Casey's written statement about having received a phone call from Caylee on that particular date. 31 days, there was no nanny, plus the imaginary phone call should be all the jury needs to hear with Before and After pictures of Caylee as a backdrop. I would drive those points home during the closing argument to the jury!
I hope she pleads at the last minute, just like in her check fraud case, so that the jury doesn't have to relive Caylee's demise.
I'd be satisfied with LWOP, because I think it would be too merciful to relieve her from any misery she might get while being incarcerated, by lethally injecting her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg