2008.08.04 Cindy A. Interview "REVISITED"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost video..."Is this like the last time"

I found an August news article that seems to explain the lost jail house video tape pre July 25 (Lee...is this like last time). It appears that LE pulled the video (links to video can not be had anywhere).
I assume they haven't re-released it yet because they still need it as part of their ongoing investigation?

Here's the link...scroll 2/3rds of the way down the page to read. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,404422,00.html

snipped...
Saturday, August 16, 2008:

The public and media will not have access to tapes or transcripts of the meeting between Casey Anthony and her parents on Thursday, when they met at the Orlando jail. An Orange County Sheriff's Office detective said all video of the visits between Anthony and her parents, George and Cindy Anthony, are being withheld "due to a criminal investigative exemption," according to MyFOXOrlando.com.

That exemption includes past video conferences and any future taped meetings.

Lost video..."Is this like the last time"

I found an August news article that seems to explain the lost jail house video tape pre July 25 (Lee...is this like last time). It appears that LE pulled the video (links to video can not be had anywhere).
I assume they haven't re-released it yet because they still need it as part of their ongoing investigation?

Here's the link...scroll 2/3rds of the way down the page to read. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,404422,00.html

snipped...
Saturday, August 16, 2008:

The public and media will not have access to tapes or transcripts of the meeting between Casey Anthony and her parents on Thursday, when they met at the Orlando jail. An Orange County Sheriff's Office detective said all video of the visits between Anthony and her parents, George and Cindy Anthony, are being withheld "due to a criminal investigative exemption," according to MyFOXOrlando.com.

That exemption includes past video conferences and any future taped meetings.

banzai, thank you so much. I had not realized that video had been pulled. I am confused, though, about something. The article says that the public and media won't have access to tapes or video of Thursday's meeting between KC and her parents (which I assume is the August 14, 'lost ' tape, correct?) but was it released some time later and then pulled? The article is dated August 16. I thought I remembered that showing up quite some time later, being referred to as the 'lost tape'. Are all videos between KC and her family pulled, including those visits with LA?

One more thing.... so the "is it like the last time" comment was made by CA (or GA) and NOT LA???

There is so much to remember and so much time has passed, I have a really difficult time keeping some of the details straight in my mind. Thank goodness for WS!!!!

Thank you again, banzai!

banzai, thank you so much. I had not realized that video had been pulled. I am confused, though, about something. The article says that the public and media won't have access to tapes or video of Thursday's meeting between KC and her parents (which I assume is the August 14, 'lost ' tape, correct?) but was it released some time later and then pulled? The article is dated August 16. I thought I remembered that showing up quite some time later, being referred to as the 'lost tape'. Are all videos between KC and her family pulled, including those visits with LA?

One more thing.... so the "is it like the last time" comment was made by CA (or GA) and NOT LA???

There is so much to remember and so much time has passed, I have a really difficult time keeping some of the details straight in my mind. Thank goodness for WS!!!!

Thank you again, banzai!

I hope I can answer without adding any confusion. August 14 is not the 'lost' tape. August 14 is when CA & GA went to visit KC and we were all anticipating the video release of that visit which of course, didn't happen then. It was later released in (April 2009??) as 'overlooked', meaning not deliberately witheld.

The 'lost' tape I refer to..."Is this like the last time" was a comment made by LA on the jail video visitation which I believe occurred on July 24th... Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about the date. Regardless, I know for sure that comment was made on his visit prior to 25 July. I don't recall exactly when that video was initially released but it would have been at about the same time as the 25 July video visit and the one of the audio when KC called LA at home (audio only) and kept loosing cell reception claiming reception wasn't good in certain rooms of the house? I wish I remembered exactly when the video was removed from all the sites, but it wasn't long after the date of the news article cited.

People have been on a fruitless search for the 'lost' LA video ever since. I assume it could be re-released with discovery as we get closer to trial? Was LA questioned about his comments on this tape by LE (highly probable) and did he provide truthful answers only once he received immunity?
I too have many questions but I have every confidence LE made full use of this tape and we will get all our answers, if only at trial time.

Last week we were talking about a video that was no longer on the media web sites. The web sites showed it was there, but would not play. The same video was found on You tube.

Try searching over there.

At youtube This is pt 2 of Lee's visit. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm-DK2Cd0RM"]YouTube - Lee Anthony visits Casey at jail PART 2[/ame]

That one is 10 mintues. There is a part 1 & 3. Must have been a long visit.

Oh WOW! I didn't mean for it to pop up in here. LOL! Ok, I guess I learned something.

So I've been listening for several minutes, Lee is talking to her, and trying to get her to talk.. I think to the LE. He is trying to investigate, etc.

Hi Spangle.
That video doesn't have the phrase "was it like last time'.
Unless someone burned a copy, we're not likely to find it anytime soon. I spent an entire week last spring listening to every video, searching every site, using every key word I could think of, so determined was I to find it. It's gone.:(

I hope I can answer without adding any confusion. August 14 is not the 'lost' tape. August 14 is when CA & GA went to visit KC and we were all anticipating the video release of that visit which of course, didn't happen then. It was later released in (April 2009??) as 'overlooked', meaning not deliberately witheld.

The 'lost' tape I refer to..."Is this like the last time" was a comment made by LA on the jail video visitation which I believe occurred on July 24th... Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about the date. Regardless, I know for sure that comment was made on his visit prior to 25 July. I don't recall exactly when that video was initially released but it would have been at about the same time as the 25 July video visit and the one of the audio when KC called LA at home (audio only) and kept loosing cell reception claiming reception wasn't good in certain rooms of the house? I wish I remembered exactly when the video was removed from all the sites, but it wasn't long after the date of the news article cited.

People have been on a fruitless search for the 'lost' LA video ever since. I assume it could be re-released with discovery as we get closer to trial? Was LA questioned about his comments on this tape by LE (highly probable) and did he provide truthful answers only once he received immunity?
I too have many questions but I have every confidence LE made full use of this tape and we will get all our answers, if only at trial time.

Thank you for the clarification. The August 14 tape that you referred to as 'overlooked' is the same tape the site I used to visit referred to as 'lost'..... but I now understand what you mean by the 'lost tape'.

I just checked my links on LA's July 25 visit to KC and they work:

LA Visit to KC July 25
Part 1:
http://www.wftv.com/video/18212491/index.html

Part 2:
http://www.wftv.com/video/18212494/index.html

Part 3:
http://www.wftv.com/video/18212521/index.html

Just a couple more things, if you don't mind. Was there also a visit on July 24, the day before this July 25 visit? And if so, is that when he said "is this like the last time"? Because like you, I have searched high and low, unable to find where he made the comment! Possibly by the time I got around to searching, the video has already been pulled from the public (if, indeed, there was a July 24 visit).

I'm sorry to ask so many questions. I'm just trying to get this straight in my mind.... I guess I'm gonna just have to let it go and quit worrying about it.

Thank so much!

Hi Snaz.
Yes - LA visted KC on July 24th and that video had been released. That is the visit where he asks 'is it like the last time'. I clearly recall viewing it and discussing it with many other people. That is the video that was later pulled off the web.
I keep hoping it will resurface in one of the doc dumps. Lets wait and see what happens at the hearing for the Motion to Order Jail to Destroy Videos of Family Visits. Think that motion will be denied? Followed by a release of this and other videos?
There are also a few CA interviews that I could no longer find on the net and believe the explanation is "due to criminal investigative exemption" as cited in the news link in my 1st reply post above.

banzai, yes, I do think the defense's motion to destroy all the videos of family visits will be denied..... I'm not an attorney, but I just can't see any legal basis for doing that. And hopefully, once it is denied, all videos will be released once again to the public. I need to go back and re-read the defense's motion to see why they think they have standing to request such a thing.

I knew I had seen that video of LA making that comment to KC, and I am so glad to finally have an answer as to why I could not find it when I went in search of it. I really thought maybe I had just imagined it, as at the time only one person where I was posting seemed to remember it. Thank you for making me realize I am NOT crazy!!! At least not about that particular thing!!

banzai, yes, I do think the defense's motion to destroy all the videos of family visits will be denied..... I'm not an attorney, but I just can't see any legal basis for doing that. And hopefully, once it is denied, all videos will be released once again to the public. I need to go back and re-read the defense's motion to see why they think they have standing to request such a thing.

I knew I had seen that video of LA making that comment to KC, and I am so glad to finally have an answer as to why I could not find it when I went in search of it. I really thought maybe I had just imagined it, as at the time only one person where I was posting seemed to remember it. Thank you for making me realize I am NOT crazy!!! At least not about that particular thing!!

Nope, we aren't crazy. Perp and family, now that's crazy!

I started re-reading the motion and had to stop at "...cruel and unusual to effectively deny Miss A the comfort of her family". Oh pulease :banghead: Look forward to seeing it argued in court and hope the judge sets a date soon.

I cannot locate any July 24th video with Lee, but will attempt to put up the link to all of the jailhouse visitation videos that our awesome mods posted...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72088&highlight=Lee+Anthony+video

Hope that works!:waitasec:

If not, it was Patty G's post #11 in the Interview Reference Guide To Finding All Interviews, Motions, Grand Jury and Trials thread. :applause::thumb::takeabow: Thanks aren't enough for all you awesome hard work, PG!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B_Hazey