2008.09.02. REVISIT Will she accept the limited immunity deal?

will casey accept the state's offer of limited immunity tomorrow?

• yep

Votes: 15 5.0%
  • nope

Votes: 267 89.6%
  • dunno

Votes: 16 5.4%

• Total voters
(BBM)
I don't know about the immunity, but I for one do not think Murphy's theory is outside the realm of the possible. I have read that pedophiles sedate or chloroform their victims. And money would be a motive. I am just wondering, if Casey is evil enough to kill her child in the minds of many, why not also evil enough to be involved in something like this? Not saying it is the best theory, but it would be an "accident" born of felony negligence and abuse which would have to be covered up. If there is any truth in Casey being sexually abused as a youngster, the urge to repeat abuse with one's own child would be present. Stranger things have occurred. And she would be even more culpable in this scenario.

Do you have a link to support that anyone who was sexually abused as a child would/will have the urge to sexually abuse their own child? There are many sexual abuse survivors here, including myself, and I take great offense at the generalization made in your post. TIA!

Makes me sick to consider any sexual abuse of Caylee Marie prior to her murder. The mere suggestion of it is outrageous. Caylee Marie was trussed up, tossed away and treated like garbage after being murdered by her own mother. ICA punished CA by destroying the sweetest most untainted person in the Anthony household. If ICA was ever abused by any member of her family, CA would have "fixed" the violator for good. ICA feared nobody in that family, she ran it, using Caylee Marie as the negotiation prize.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,414844,00.html

Casey was offered Limited Immunity in August 2008 and on Sept 2 2008(after Baez asked for an extension on the deadline) Casey and Baez did not respond to the Prosecution
Baez initiated the contact regarding immunity but never responded to LDB

Somewhere in the docs there are the emails from LDB to Baez about the limited immunity.

Wendy Murphy IMO has been spewing some bizarre comments lately.

Here's the affidavit from Casey about keeping Baez, and not taking the immunity deal:

mhy7u8.jpg

And here are the emails between Baez and Drane-Burdick:

http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/0829/17335521.pdf

(BBM)

Do you have a link to support that anyone who was sexually abused as a child would/will have the urge to sexually abuse their own child? There are many sexual abuse survivors here, including myself, and I take great offense at the generalization made in your post. TIA!

I am a verified poster, trauma counseling. Sexual abuse can very much be a cycle and many perps were abused as children. I will link some literature for you.

http://bjp.rcpsych.org/cgi/content/abstract/179/6/482
http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(03)12466-X/fulltext

Here is a section from the below article:

"As suggested at the outset, sexual victimisation
is common in the experiences of many young
sexual abusers. A number of studies indicate that
between 30 and 70% of young abusers have been
sexually abused (Johnson &Shrier, 1987; Ryanef al,
1990). The impact of sexual abuse on the individual
is well documented (Watkins & Bentovim, 1992). It
is suggested that male children account for 25% of
all victims of sexual abuse (Rogers & Terry, 1984)
but there is considerable variation in the prevalence
figures presented in the literature. Petersef al (1986)
conclude that 3-31% of male children and adol
escents in clinically referred populations are
victims of sexual abuse, compared to 6-62% for
females. Furthermore, Finkelhor (1984) suggests
that in the general population between 2.5 and 8.7%
of males have been sexually abused at some time."

http://apt.rcpsych.org/cgi/reprint/4/2/101.pdf

Me thinks that danged woman, Wendy Murphy, has done gone lost her mind!!!! :loser:

I am a verified poster, trauma counseling. Sexual abuse can very much be a cycle and many perps were abused as children. I will link some literature for you.

http://bjp.rcpsych.org/cgi/content/abstract/179/6/482
http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(03)12466-X/fulltext

Here is a section from the below article:

"As suggested at the outset, sexual victimisation
is common in the experiences of many young
sexual abusers. A number of studies indicate that
between 30 and 70% of young abusers have been
sexually abused (Johnson &Shrier, 1987; Ryanef al,
1990). The impact of sexual abuse on the individual
is well documented (Watkins & Bentovim, 1992). It
is suggested that male children account for 25% of
all victims of sexual abuse (Rogers & Terry, 1984)
but there is considerable variation in the prevalence
figures presented in the literature. Petersef al (1986)
conclude that 3-31% of male children and adol
escents in clinically referred populations are
victims of sexual abuse, compared to 6-62% for
females. Furthermore, Finkelhor (1984) suggests
that in the general population between 2.5 and 8.7%
of males have been sexually abused at some time."

http://apt.rcpsych.org/cgi/reprint/4/2/101.pdf

With all due respect, using the words Would and Can, would make all the difference in your original post.

"If there is any truth in Casey being sexually abused as a youngster, the urge to repeat abuse with one's own child would be present."

I think that you might want to consider rephrasing the "would" part to a "may" or a "might".

While your article cites percentages of victims abused, it doesn't cite percentages for re offense. To state that victims of abuse have the urge to repeat is preposterous. Yes, some clearly do, as some become offenders. Many do not.

With all due respect, using the words Would and Can, would make all the difference in your original post.

"If there is any truth in Casey being sexually abused as a youngster, the urge to repeat abuse with one's own child would be present."

I think that you might want to consider rephrasing the "would" part to a "may" or a "might".

While your article cites percentages of victims abused, it doesn't cite percentages for re offense. To state that victims of abuse have the urge to repeat is preposterous. Yes, some clearly do, as some become offenders. Many do not.

Not to disagree in any way but it seems to me that the poster you quoted above is not the same one you clipped the other quote from.

NO....What kind of limited immunity can the State offer to her now?

That ship sailed long ago...the state has the goods on her, if she didn't accept it before, she will NOT accept one now...ICA believes she will walk away scott free...in her mind, she made this 'new reality' and will take it to the end...since her hand wasn't caught in the cookie jar, she thinks this can't be pinned on her....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

there should have been a "shoulda!" choice. she had her chance, shoulda taken it then. but of course, shes too arrogant to do so. easier to stick it on any one else, innocent bystanders than for the world to see SHE did wrong...again IMO.

Not to disagree in any way but it seems to me that the poster you quoted above is not the same one you clipped the other quote from.
Right, I was the one who posted "would", and I agree, I should have said "MIGHT". Sorry, my bad.

(BBM)

You are correct. Some MIGHT, but many would not. My error. There is literature to support that SOME might have this urge to repeat; certainly NOT all.

Please keep your posts relevant to the topic of the thread: accepting a limited immunity deal. This post lands at random... Thank you..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back