2008.10.14 Tony L Interview w/LE

Personally I'd be inclined to trust Tony because he rather quickly "jumped on the bandwagon to hang Casey" after learning Caylee had been missing for the 31 days that Casey had been living at his house and lying about endless excursions to Disneyland & SeaWorld.

I think Tony sounds like a pretty normal 21 year old guy.

I also think there's been some speculation that Tony may have cooperated with LE to the extent that he did because the search of his house/other investigations created the potential for some minor drug possession charges.
If that's true, it wouldn't adversely affect my feelings about him either. I think he's a good guy who unwittingly dated himself into a hellacious situation.

Good point - and you're right - definitely another way to look at his jumping on the bandwagon.

Definitely dated himself into a hellacious situation - I feel for all this young adults and what they'll go thru in the courtroom - one side using them for all their worth and the other side trashing them for all their worth. Sad situation for all.

Personally I'd be inclined to trust Tony because he rather quickly "jumped on the bandwagon to hang Casey" after learning Caylee had been missing for the 31 days that Casey had been living at his house and lying about endless excursions to Disneyland & SeaWorld.

I also think there's been some speculation that Tony may have cooperated with LE to the extent that he did because the search of his house/other investigations created the potential for some minor drug possession charges.
If that's true, it wouldn't adversely affect my feelings about him either. I think he's a good guy who unwittingly dated himself into a hellacious situation.

yup, yup..

my bold.
hi seagull, it's around 2:30 in my little corner of the world and i'm a tad on the weary side so please forgive me if i'm missing the obvious.
is it your belief that in agreeing to wear a wire when speaking to lee, then being happy to share w/ LE what was said during this conversation could be defined as unhelpful behaviour on the part of tony or do you think that he did this b/c he felt that somehow, he had no option but to comply w/ what they proposed he do, or is it something else that i'm completely missing??
as i said, it's late, i'm tired and i apologize for being so :confused: that i have to even ask you this.

You aren't missing anything :)

I'd think he would be tickled pink they were wiring him to investigate someone else instead of investigating him as a POI. That said, he probably also didn't have much choice about doing it. :)

ITA, except I think he probably would have cooperated regardless. I find him totally credible and believe he will do just fine in court. Personally, I feel very sorry for the guy, this will follow him forever. Another casualty of KC IMO.

i feel exactly the same way. he's not a man yet, he's just a boy, actually i can't help but think that, another time - another place, it could've been my boy!
he has a pretty girl throwing herself at him - offering sex, home cooked meals, cleaning his apartment .... of course he's gonna break a padlock if she asks!

I'd think he would be tickled pink they were wiring him to investigate someone else instead of investigating him as a POI. That said, he probably also didn't have much choice about doing it. :)

That's cute

ITA, except I think he probably would have cooperated regardless. I find him totally credible and believe he will do just fine in court. Personally, I feel very sorry for the guy, this will follow him forever. Another casualty of KC IMO.

I totally agree. I think he seems like a good kid. I'm just reading the chat logs released in the last doc dump and he was asking Casey if he could come over some morning to meet her parents. He wanted to bring Cindy & George tea and coffee!-- but Casey wasn't having it. Poor Tony.

He also allowed them to search his car.. tests and all.. he let them take his cell phone, including all pics and texts on it. He drove with them wherever they asked him to, he allowed his phone to be tapped, called them before he planned on changing his cell phone number.. IMO that is WAY more helpful than Cindy, Lee and George were combined .

:clap::clap::clap: Ain't that the truth OLG!

I totally agree. I think he seems like a good kid. I'm just reading the chat logs released in the last doc dump and he was asking Casey if he could come over some morning to meet her parents. He wanted to bring Cindy & George tea and coffee!-- but Casey wasn't having it. Poor Tony.

I haven't read them all, but I can totally see that. As long as Cindy and George believed everything she said (Cindy at least) and made excuses for her mistruths (WTH is a 'mistruth'/'half-truth' anyway?) KC wasn't about to take a chance of having her LIES exposed IMO.

Why would you think that he would be 'tickled pink' seagull? Judging from the text between he and Casey on the 15th/16th, he was worried about Caylee and she was worried about who would be going to jail if "they never found Caylee".

sorry to reply so late seagull, i missed your post (told you i was tired lol)
is smoking a bit of mary jane really such a serious crime over there that the cops can threaten you w/ so severe a punishment that you have no choice but to do whatever they demand of you to avoid it?
prince charles caught prince harry in a compromising position w/ a particularly aromatic roll-up a few years ago and all he got was a yelling at from MI6 and a large riding boot up his royal rectum (can i say that?)
why do you think tony would have cause to believe LE would have seen him as a POI?

Now I'm confused. From what I recall reading, Casey ran out of gas "two Fridays in a row" according to her text messages with Amy H. That would mean she ran out of gas near her home on the 20th of June not the 23rd of June. Casey also asked Amy via text, if she (Amy) and her gas can were available that day, which day at this point, I'm not sure now. Amy stated in her interview with LE that her gas can(s) was in storage at the time and that she suggested to Casey that they just go to Target or Wal*Mart, some discount store, and purchase one ('cause you can always use another gas can), which according to Amy they did do, and when LE went to her residence to inquire about the event, they requested the gas can and she willingly turned it over to LE. I don't recall reading that Amy took her to actually purchase gas to fill the newly purchased gas can, but that they went back to her residence and that Casey was with her there until Amy left for work in the late afternoon/early evening.

So according to the various posts regarding TL's interview, I'm just getting more confused.

Tony helped Casey break into the shed for the 2 gas cans on the 23rd of June. (?)

George reported the shed break-in/gas can theft to LE on the 24th. (?)

Casey showed up on the 24th that same day the theft was reported stating she was just there to pick up a few things. After being confronted by George that she stole the gas cans and made him look stupid 'cause he reported the theft, he also demanded them back. Casey stormed over to the trunk of her car and after opening the trunk, reached in, pulled out the gas cans (empty) and shoved them, while cussing at George and stormed off, jumped into her car, and George gave chase. (?)

Amy went with Casey to purchase a gas can sometime after 27th of June but no mention of taking her to fill the can with gas. (?)

Can anyone clear this up for me? I know Casey had no cash, so did Casey run out of gas on the 20th and actually wait until the 23rd before she called Tony to come help her break into the shed for her parents' gas cans? Did Casey "claim" that her car ran out of gas at the Amscot on the 27th to Amy and Tony with absolutely no intention of getting it filled up and driving away, but to attempt to explain away why she was without a car, having every intention of "ditching" the stank-mobile never to be driven again never imagining that it would be towed?

I've read of two instances where she ran out of gas. Is there a third time that I'm missing and haven't yet read?

HELP!!! I'm so confused.:confused:

Well I'm no help because I'm as confused as you. Added to what you've written is the fact the Amscot manager stated she noticed the White Sunfire in the Amscot parking lot at 7am June 27th, when she arrived at work that morning. That's the reason it was towed on June 30th - it was left there three days. So the car was already there when KC claimed she abandoned it? Doesn't make sense....

and TL never wondered, 'what about your car?' etc. (Well I guess he did say she said her dad was going to take it in to be fixed or something, right? But for what, for being out of gas? Because he says she had run out of gas, right?) Now I have to reread again.

He did wonder and did ask. She stated that she believed that she was out of gas, but that she couldn't understand how that could be and proposed that there must've been something wrong with the gas gauge, as it registered that she still had gas, yet she ran out of gas anyway.

Tony soon after the non-incident (in his mind) left to go back home while there called her and when he spoke with her via telephone asked her if she ever took care of her car and she stated that her Dad took it to the shop. She also stated to her parents the faulty gauge bullcrap story. So there you go.

He also allowed them to search his car.. tests and all.. he let them take his cell phone, including all pics and texts on it. He drove with them wherever they asked him to, he allowed his phone to be tapped, called them before he planned on changing his cell phone number.. IMO that is WAY more helpful than Cindy, Lee and George were combined .

So far it looks like the forensic investigation into TL was limited to the back of his jeep, right? Vaccuuming/examining his jeep and doing luminol in it, no cadaver dogs used on the jeep, or at his apartment, apartment complex, Fusian, or any of the roommates'/associates' vehicles either, right? I think LE just did a walk-through of his apartment (no dogs, no forensics there) to see if any property of KC and Caylee was there (this was after he and his roommates already knew about KC being arrested, and LE called everyone before coming to their place, they didn't show up and surprise anyone.) They looked at his phone directory and photos from his phone (but even if he were involved in a crime, surely he wouldn't have texts or photos in his phone of any crime.....) He gave statements and showed them where he had picked her up. That's about it, isn't it? Usually any/all paramours of the mother would be heavily investigated in a missing child case. I never saw questioning about why he had been looking for a new apartment in mid-June. I haven't seen proof of a LDT yet of any of them, I'm not sure. But who knows what we'll see released, sounds from this interview like they'd had a few more interviews with him. I don't actively suspect him of anything, but if I were LE I sure would have taken the dogs around to all the witnesses places at least.

sorry to reply so late seagull, i missed your post (told you i was tired lol)
is smoking a bit of mary jane really such a serious crime over there that the cops can threaten you w/ so severe a punishment that you have no choice but to do whatever they demand of you to avoid it?
prince charles caught prince harry in a compromising position w/ a particularly aromatic roll-up a few years ago and all he got was a yelling at from MI6 and a large riding boot up his royal rectum (can i say that?)
why do you think tony would have cause to believe LE would have seen him as a POI?

do you mean wearing a wire for them as a punishment for smoking marijuana? No, I don't think there was any repercussion or further discussion whatsoever regarding any marijuana use or anything like that (I think he actually only told them KC smoked it but I don't remember him saying he did). When you are the boyfriend of the mother of a missing child, and the child's disappearance coincides with the mother getting involved with you and your friends, you were known to have been looking to get out of your lease and change apartments on the very dates in question, etc, if LE hardly investigates you much at all, and just says "hey would you mind wearing a wire when you have lunch with her brother?" I imagine you would say, sure, why not? He could probably say no, but who would if it's LE asking? Not as any kind of punishment for anything.

Normally when a child goes missing the mother's paramour(s) is considered a POI (person of interest), it is routine. Usually they are heavily investigated to rule them out. TL was barely investigated. LE only took routine statements from him, had him show them where he'd picked her up on those days, and did a basic evidence collection/examination of the back of his jeep, no cadaver dogs or anything else. I don't think there were any cadaver dogs used or forensics even done in his apartment. Nothing severe at all.

Amy wanted to meet her parents too, believing she was moving into a house/apt. with Casey, and of course as we all know the "I'm sick" "Caylee is sick" "My dad had a stroke" bull**** stories that took place to put the kabosh on that happening, EVER.

Everyone in Casey's life has been completely forthcoming with any and all information, no matter how badly a light they're portrayed. We're only seeing a portion of the evidence. We're seeing the results of the investigation that has no huge bearing on the case. The SA filed what was necessary to get out of the way. They have, I'm sure much, much more that we'll never be privy to until the trial. We're just seeing the glimpse of all that they have with these doc dumps.

do you mean wearing a wire for them as a punishment for smoking marijuana? No, I don't think there was any repercussion or further discussion whatsoever regarding any marijuana use or anything like that (I think he actually only told them KC smoked it but I don't remember him saying he did). When you are the boyfriend of the mother of a missing child, and the child's disappearance coincides with the mother getting involved with you and your friends, you were known to have been looking to get out of your lease and change apartments on the very dates in question, etc, if LE hardly investigates you much at all, and just says "hey would you mind wearing a wire when you have lunch with her brother?" I imagine you would say, sure, why not? He could probably say no, but who would if it's LE asking? Not as any kind of punishment for anything.

Normally when a child goes missing the mother's paramour(s) is considered a POI (person of interest), it is routine. Usually they are heavily investigated to rule them out. TL was barely investigated. LE only took routine statements from him, had him show them where he'd picked her up on those days, and did a basic evidence collection/examination of the back of his jeep, no cadaver dogs or anything else. I don't think there were any cadaver dogs used or forensics even done in his apartment. Nothing severe at all.

That is just not true.. they did an extensive background check on TonE as well as several other of Casey's "friends" (that info was in the docs released yesterday).

umm, if TonE is the killer why doesn't Casey just say so so she can get out of these pesky murder charges? And don't even say it's because she's afraid of him- because really, what worse can he really do to her if he killed her kid? killing your child is about as worse a way a person can harm a parent. What's he gonna do, kill her? Hell, go ahead, without my child I'd RATHER be dead, bring it on!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

umm, if TonE is the killer why doesn't Casey just say so so she can get out of these pesky murder charges? And don't even say it's because she's afraid of him- because really, what worse can he really do to her if he killed her kid? killing your child is about as worse a way a person can harm a parent. What's he gonna do, kill her? Hell, go ahead, without my child I'd RATHER be dead, bring it on!

Because telling on him is not in the script, OLG!

You should know that! :D

Just speculation but maybe the smell/decomp was contained inside the bag and the bag ruptured after the 27th. That was when she knew she had to ditch her precious cargo. MOO

Don't know what happened to questioning TonE not smelling the odor, but this came to my mind also. What date did KC text AH about the smell again?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapper_physicist
Back