2008.12.25 Is it a Book in the Woods?

I vote for the sake of argument we just delete the thread.

I think Fox jumped the gun a bit if LE hasn't confirmed the book as evidence, but they may have "unofficial" sources that have confirmed the book.

Let's put it this way - we haven't found anyone in LE who has ruled out the book, or denied it was found.

Here is the video of Caylee with the book - so sad and sweet.

For the crime scene pictures, go to the link for WFTV and on the left side of the page it says "Most Popular" and "Slideshows." Watch the Slideshow that says "Sherrif's Office Releases Ground Images."

The picture of the "book" is the first in the Slideshow and it's amazingly clear. I just screencaptured this from their website and didn't brighten it at all.

CayleeCrimeScene.jpg
Thoughtfox, even if the article said "sources from LE tell us", or "there is an unconfirmed report that..." it would be more credible, imo. But they just say it like it is fact and that is a bit troublesome.

I seem to recall somebody on cable news (maybe Nancy?) saying it was part of the same video taken 6/15 at the nursing home? :confused: MOO
Yes it was.It is kind of funny that the article knows that the book is Caylee's, but doesn't know the well known date of the photo.

I guess the reason that I ask (and that is what I thought) is my father passed away 9 years ago and I remember what day it was. Every year I remember it. If something this dramatic happened to a normal person and KC is a lot younger than I am, she should have corrected her mother's statement. I think she hung on to her mom's words, because her mom believed it. Never had she been confronted to this degree about her lying and she certainly thought the world would believe her. Her family always had. CA said in one of her statements that she could always get the truth out of KC. I don't think so, I think that KC was always able to convince her with another mistruth that satisfied her mom. Who would believe that when confronted about a pregnancy that is seven months along and deny it, let along CA thinking that her daughter was a virgin. The only virgin mother that I know of is the Virgin Mary and we are celebrating his birth today. IMO

Merry Christmas JB and Everyone!
I don't think there is any official statement from LE regarding the book.
if it's true, and that's a big IF, I'm sure we will hear something from them.
I don't know the answer to this question, but I do recall watching one of the newscasts online asking LE a question about the book and they offered up "no comment", then the newscast person ask the same question in a different way and LE response they would not confirm nor deny that this was little Caylee's book. :rolleyes:

Yes it was.It is kind of funny that the article knows that the book is Caylee's, but doesn't know the well known date of the photo.
I found that interesting too. :rolleyes: Thanks for confirming what I'd heard!

I guess the reason that I ask (and that is what I thought) is my father passed away 9 years ago and I remember what day it was. Every year I remember it. If something this dramatic happened to a normal person and KC is a lot younger than I am, she should have corrected her mother's statement. I think she hung on to her mom's words, because her mom believed it. Never had she been confronted to this degree about her lying and she certainly thought the world would believe her. Her family always had. CA said in one of her statements that she could always get the truth out of KC. I don't think so, I think that KC was always able to convince her with another mistruth that satisfied her mom. Who would believe that when confronted about a pregnancy that is seven months along and deny it, let along CA thinking that her daughter was a virgin. The only virgin mother that I know of is the Virgin Mary and we are celebrating his birth today. IMO
I know exactly what you're talking about regarding remembering important dates and practically every detail about the day such tragedies happen. What I thought was interesting with this June 9 date not being corrected earlier was even on the 911 calls of 7/15, Casey herself said "31 days" that Caylee had been missing. Well, as we all know, that does not lead back to June 9. MOO

I posted the video link from the nursing home in which Caylee reads the book.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZGs3XrGBNQ

I don't know if there are other photos of Caylee reading the book.

Thoughtfox, even if the article said sources from LE tell us, or their is an unconfirmed report that... it would be more credible, imo. But they just say it like it is fact and that is a bit troublesome.

Oh, I agree, and it's too bad that many other newspapers picked up that "news" from Fox without confirming it.

I just find it more significant that no one from LE has denied the book even though it has been all over the news.

Those kinds of kids books are coated with plastic to hold up in spills and messes.

I posted the video link from the nursing home in which Caylee reads the book.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZGs3XrGBNQ

I don't know if there are other photos of Caylee reading the book.

Oh, I agree, and it's too bad that many other newspapers picked up that "news" from Fox without confirming it.

I just find it more significant that no one from LE has denied the book even though it has been all over the news.
That is important and and an excellent point that could indeed be telling.
Have they confirmed or denied other items found at the scene with the exception of the remains and the bag?

My only point on this thread is for us all to be careful not to spread information as fact, when it has not been actually reported as confirmed. It may very well be the book, there is a high chance of it, but we do not know for sure yet.

But the discussion of the possibilities is very intriguing indeed.

ETA: if someone has that confirmation or if it comes to be,we will update the title.

Personally, I think "if" that is the book, it has other stains on it from being outside for months. Mildew, leaf stains, and who knows what else.

The reason I say that is because in the video Caylee goes through almost every page and shows the cover. But even if you put some of the pictures upside down it's hard to match the illustrations to the thing on the ground. But if there are mold or mildew stains on it, or leaves stuck to the pages, it makes more sense.

It's right to be a little skeptical because that could be a phone book someone tossed out for all we know. However, it seems to be the same size and color as Caylee's book. So it's very interesting!

Personally, I think "if" that is the book, it has other stains on it from being outside for months. Mildew, leaf stains, and who knows what else.

The reason I say that is because in the video Caylee goes through almost every page and shows the cover. But even if you put some of the pictures upside down it's hard to match the illustrations to the thing on the ground. But if there are mold or mildew stains on it, or leaves stuck to the pages, it makes more sense.

It's right to be a little skeptical because that could be a phone book someone tossed out for all we know. However, it seems to be the same size and color as Caylee's book. So it's very interesting!
I wonder if LE ever asked the Anthony's to come up with the book after viewing the video?

KC talking about the phone call from Caylee about the book:

Think she used it to try to tie the book at the scene with Zanny.

if that is her book then wouldnt the video actually be within hours of her murder .. ? not a day ?

KC talking about the phone call from Caylee about the book:

Think she used it to try to tie the book at the scene with Zanny.
i agree...now I'm going to try and find what else she talked about.

I thought the same thing. I rotated it, blew it up and I questioned it. If this an important part of the crime scene I would think there would be more pictures that showed the book instead of being just a small part of the picture. Perhaps there are more pictures that they have not released yet.

I completely agree IF it's her book, it should be weather worn, maybe warped and have foliage on it. That's why I was wondering if it is her book, could it recently have come out of the bag? I just can't imagine it being out in the elements all these months and look so much like what she's reading in the June video. I do think this item looks like her book though. MOO

I thought the same thing. I rotated it, blew it up and I questioned it. If this an important part of the crime scene I would think there would be more pictures that showed the book instead of being just a small part of the picture. Perhaps there are more pictures that they have not released yet.
I agree - I bet there are closer pictures they did not release.

Could they have released these to put pressure on people to talk?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back