2009.03.03 GA suicide note

In case I came across as unsympathetic earlier, I would like to clarify. I am very sorry for anyone who has ever reached such a dark night that suicide seemed their only option. I know the pain they must be in and the devastation they leave behind.

If this note contained only heartfelt tearful good- byes to his family, then I would be all for keeping it sealed. However, if the SA and LE want it entered into evidence, then I trust that it holds some sort of bearing on this case. I have faith in their integrity. Knowing the Anthony's past cover ups, manipulations, and twisting of the truth, I cannot put the same faith in their word.

This suicide incident could have been a genuine cry from the heart. It also could have been George wanting to escape for a night and Cindy over reacted and sicked the dogs on him accidently creating a situation that could be used to advantage.

It doesn't matter which as pertains to evidence. The Judge will decide if it comes in or stays out, according to the law.

I don't think there will be any smoking gun such as what you mentioned. However, the rules of discovery are the issue here.

With the pictures, JB wanted the prosecution to edit the photos on the "filtered" disc and include in discovery only those they wanted to include in the prosecution. If the prosecution did that, the edited photos not in discovery would stand no chance to be used in the trial.

The Florida Sunshine laws have very few exceptions. For example, the images of Caylee's remains are an exception to the rule and would never be included in the publicly available documents.

If the letter goes into discovery for possible use in the trial, it has to be made public.

If the judge grants Conway's motion, the document can not be used at trial, even if it contains evidence beneficial to the prosecution.

Thank you soooo much for explaining that for us. Seems to me it's going public.

In case I came across as unsympathetic earlier, I would like to clarify. I am very sorry for anyone who has ever reached such a dark night that suicide seemed their only option. I know the pain they must be in and the devastation they leave behind.

If this note contained only heartfelt tearful good- byes to his family, then I would be all for keeping it sealed. However, if the SA and LE want it entered into evidence, then I trust that it holds some sort of bearing on this case. I have faith in their integrity. Knowing the Anthony's past cover ups, manipulations, and twisting of the truth, I cannot put the same faith in their word.

This suicide incident could have been a genuine cry from the heart. It also could have been George wanting to escape for a night and Cindy over reacted and sicked the dogs on him accidently creating a situation that could be used to advantage.

It doesn't matter which as pertains to evidence. The Judge will decide if it comes in or stays out, according to the law.

Excellent post and ITA.

Well then, now I am puzzled as to why the ASA said that they "have no dog in this fight" when it came to the photos. It was the attorney for the Sentinel that launched a defense to the motion stating that Baez had not shown that the photos constitute a clear and immediate threat to Casey's right to a fair trial, paraphrasing. If the issue was that any photos excluded by the judge would not be entered into evidence, I assume they would have put up a fight of some kind. :waitasec:

IIRC, the State's atty., Bose told the judge that everything they receive in the course of pubic business is public unless it is exempt (such as the images of the remains). It is up to the judge to make that decision. From that point on, it was up to JB to prove his case. (Great job he did... NOT!)

The Sentinel attorney did have a dog in the fight because they don't want to see 1st Amendment violations.

In reality, Baez had to prove that this discovery was not legal???

Apparantly, "embarassing" and prejudicial don't wash in discovery. Now, when it comes to admissability, that will come in the pre-trial hearings.

It seems as though Baez is confusing discovery with admissability in the trial!

Any legal eagles out there???

I personally think it should be kept private.

The exception would be if LE and/or the SA believes it is relevant to the murder investigation.

I agree. There's no reason to make this public, unless it's directly pertains to the murder investigation.

I understand why LE and the SA needed to review this note for any evidence. I'm fully confident in their ability to assess whether or not the note holds any potential evidence. I don't want to see the note if they determine it doesn't. I hope if it doesn't, that the judge will rule to keep it private.

Suicide notes are written at times of great pain, and whatever I may think of George, I still feel for him, and do not want that wound of his opened to the public. It just seems to cross a line that shouldn't be crossed.

I agree with you Bean...as curious as I am, I trust LE and the SA. If GA is truly hurting, publishing it would not be the right thing to do and if there is anything pertaining to the case, as long as the jury and judge see it, then I will be satisfied.

Something is coming together and it is being discussed on 3-4 different threads. Does anybody else see this????

The Ants think that LE is sittin there with the soul purpose of embarrassing the Ants. They embarrass themselves and don't even know it. Same as chewing the gum in court. They don't have to follow the rules and when they run across a "RULE" they don't like then they start hollerin like stick pigs. Dam, next time a cops tries any B.S. with me I think I'll try that stunt.

I think I love you, MAMABEAR...you're on a roll tonight! :blowkiss:

I personally hope the suicide note isn't released to the public. I think that it should be kept private. I think he is still dealing with the pain of losing Caylee. I feel really sorry for him.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/

GA does not want his suicide not release to the public..

This is my thought on this...When LE found him the note was IIRC in his vehicle..If that is the case and LE found the note not on his person..I do not feel that there is any right to privacy for this letter..Am I right to feel this way I dont know, but I do recall that the local LE who found GA turned that letter over to Orange County as there must have been something that had to do with this case...And if that is true then there is no way that this family should be able to cherry pick what evidence the SA chooses to use in this case...

JMO

I, for one, would not like to see the note blasted all over the media and internet, MOO. I suppose Ng would get another 2 months worth of material out of it.

I had more but, AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

The Sunshine Law needs some revisions!!!

Nevermind, goodnight :eek:

Well, since I feel this family will go to any and all lengths to admonish their wayward daughter and also quash any family secrets, I am of the opinion, or better yet, I have not been convinced this wasn't a staged slight-of-hand on the A's part. If I happen to be correct on this assumption, I am more than willing to forego the A's presumed Right to Privacy.

I want to know what is in that note!

Wow, and I mean WOW!

:silenced:

It's hard to juggle pizza and beer when writing. Maybe he doesn't want anyone to see that he spilled. Whatever else he might have written is irrelevant to this case, no matter what he said, because it will all be self-serving.

And since he'd gotten rid of all the meds he had with him in order to kill himself and admitted to everyone there that he had not taken any, it would seem quite easy to make the statement that this was no suicide attempt at all.

OK----so if he wrote that--well, what if he did-------what does it mean to the trial---depos---please help me. Am hanging onto a ceiling fan blade here and somebody is fixin to turn on the fan

You are so funny!

Well then, now I am puzzled as to why the ASA said that they "have no dog in this fight" when it came to the photos. It was the attorney for the Sentinel that launched a defense to the motion stating that Baez had not shown that the photos constitute a clear and immediate threat to Casey's right to a fair trial, paraphrasing. If the issue was that any photos excluded by the judge would not be entered into evidence, I assume they would have put up a fight of some kind. :waitasec:

Perhaps they said they did not have a dog in this fight because they do not NEED those photos at all to prove their case? OR they have every intention of choosing a specific few that will assist them in their case and they know THOSE can be added to discovery anytime they please...Excluding the photos from being released to the public, if the judge were to do this, would not exclude them from being specifically released as evidence at some later point, as they would have narrowed the number and reason for such a release.

I personally think that deep in his heart he knows these things anyways, so I don't need to see it in writing. I think he went on to tell the Grand Jury many of the things you pointed out, plus some, which is one of the reasons she has the charges against her now, so no, I don't need to read those for myself. I think he knows everything out of her mouth is a lie, and he all but told the FBI that, so to see it in writing, I don't need.
George didn't kill Caylee, Casey did, and for that reason, I could care less what he puts in a letter. He don't even know all of what his daughter done. I think he is finding out just about the same way we all are.
From the reports of the Sheriff over in Daytona, the only thing he really said was that he believed his daughter didn't harm Caylee. I have no reason to believe that Sheriff lied for George.

We have not one clue what George told the Grand Jury...only Mark N.J. knows that information.

I'll try to answer your last question. If GA is having mental health issues, then his testimony is questionable in a deposition or in a court of law. We have no idea what GA said before the GJ. He may have said that KC was golden, not one bad word about her, may have lied his ears off , but they indited anyway, or he may have told of all the facts he knew against KC. We do not what he testified to, but I bet CA and BC do and this whole suicide idea may have been staged to taint existing testimony or prevent further testimony.

Highly possible on this funny farm.:rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
E.Layne
Back