2009.03.12 Casey Anthony Motion Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I liked that CSI guy, having to face JB and answer all his dumb questions. I wish JBs wife would attend a hearing, I'd like to see her.

He did say 17 hairs found by Lee, and that Lee pointed out an additional stain to them.

I can't recall reading who processed the other 17 hairs. Anyone?

Thanks PH, I was playing trains and trying to listen lol.

A lot of defense attornies and experts reputations will go down the tube on this one.

I always watch it later when my kids are in bed, the video is normally available on any of the local channels, WESH, Orlando Sentinel etc.

Thanks a bunch! I just went looking for the pictures. 9 has the ones where she first came in and set down. Where JB spends time setting in his chair with this back towards her. Given her time to bond with LKB for the camera.

But that was it so far.

I think the add'l hairs found by Lee were entered into OCSO evidence by a CSI, if I recall.

Did he say Lee found 17 hairs??? I mean that is quite a bit, I'm shocked honestly.

I agree that they are showing their hand at what's to come. I wonder who processed the 17 hairs Lee found..did I miss that somewhere?

I could be wrong, but I think I remember something about Dr. Lee finding a hair on a sprite can (in one of the doc dump reports). My guess, is that these hairs were found in the trash items, not in the car. Again, I could be wrong.

Thanks a bunch! I just went looking for the pictures. 9 has the ones where she first came in and set down. Where JB spends time setting in his chair with this back towards her. Given her time to bond with LKB for the camera.

But that was it so far.

Yeah I think it takes a bit for them to post the videos. I know it's always up by 8:00 when my kiddos are in bed:)

I could be wrong, but I think I remember something about Dr. Lee finding a hair on a sprite can (in one of the doc dump reports). My guess, is that these hairs were found in the trash items, not in the car. Again, I could be wrong.

I think you are right about the Sprite can. I just didn't realize it was 17 hairs...that is a lot IMO.

Did he say Lee found 17 hairs??? I mean that is quite a bit, I'm shocked honestly.

I agree that they are showing their hand at what's to come. I wonder who processed the 17 hairs Lee found..did I miss that somewhere?

I'm not surprised that more hairs was found. Even after vacuming, hairs get weaved in, and don't always come out.

Unless the hair is of someone else that can make a difference in this case.. then his find is meaningless.

What wasn't mentioned was where the hair was found. In the trunk? Was he checking in a different place in the car? It wasn't brought up today, cause it was all a moot exercise. <shrug>

IMO, the Baden/Baez defense strategy will be all about attacking the forensic evidence, how it was collected, how it was analyzed, and casting doubt on all the LE professionals involved in this case...today was only a hint of what we can expect to see at trial. Even before little Caylee's memorial service, I remember Linda Baden referring to a National Academy of Sciences study that was about to be published.

Well, it has been published and the defense team quickly referred to it at the time discovery was released by the SA office.
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/021809_baez_responds_to_discovery

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20126973.500-forensic-evidence-goes-on-trial.html

http://www.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=12589

Perhaps we should read up on it, because I'm sure this study will contain much of the framework for the defense strategy. It somewhat concerns me because although we have come a long way since the OJ trial, some of this can get very technical -- the prosecution must be careful to translate it clearly for the jury.

My car is pristine, no hairs. Defense better be very careful what they ask for, they might get it.

Casey looks good. I told y'all before trial they'd have her in a sweater looking like a Sunday school teacher.....

Yes you did! They were gonna go for the sweater or twinset look on her. Wonder what they'll try next time?

That isn't what I saw. He was going to call another witness. The bailiff was even waiting to open the gate for whom ever he was going to call. LKB motioned for him before he called the witness, he leaned down and they chatted. KC might have been distressed, didn't catch that. But I believe it's from that conversation with LKB that he decided not to call another witness, and just yack, yack, yack...

Is there any way we can see a copy of this again?

I'm hoping the media has some good screen shots of todays hearing.

I really appreciate all the updates since I missed the hearing - thanks everyone.

I have a question. I see that Baez is asking for the notes from the computer forensics because they differ from the final report. How does he know that, if he doesn't have the notes?

Yes you did! They were gonna go for the sweater or twinset look on her. Wonder what they'll try next time?

A good attorney will always tell his client to dress like a Sunday School teacher. If they are smart, they will stay with today's look.

I'm hoping the media has some good screen shots of todays hearing.

Oh, I saw a good one. Her with her right arm stretched across the table (to her side) and her facing LKB dead on, with a humor/happy face on. She was 'just tickled to be there and having a blast', moment.

After seeing that, i'm looking forward to what else they turn up.

The NAS report doesn't say all forensic science is junk, but more that it can be taken to be far more exact than it is. But I agree, the plan is to attack every single technician and expert, to see if they're aware of and abide by the highest, ideal standards applicable to their work. Of course, she's gonna need her own junk scientists to help attack the state's. But oh well. Shades of OJ. It may just be me, but when you attack every single person as incompetent, it begins to lose it's effect. I also find LKB very off-putting in her manner. I doubt the SA's are quaking in their boots.

I really appreciate all the updates since I missed the hearing - thanks everyone.

I have a question. I see that Baez is asking for the notes from the computer forensics because they differ from the final report. How does he know that, if he doesn't have the notes?
Your guess is as good as mine. Discovery is just that. He has MORE than we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beckers861