2009.05.01 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it possible that the body moved during the flooding?

BOLDED BY BOSTON
It's possible, but that's quite a way, unless the land where she was originally placed sloped to where she was found and the bag washed down there. I thought though that there was evidence she'd been in that spot all the time because of the soil underneath the bag? :waitasec: MOO

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
If KC is found not guilty this will be the OJ verdict all over again based on the amount of evidence the state has against the defendant. The OJ verdict was a joke/shock and I don't see a jury in high profile case making that mistake again (especially in the less liberal FL) IMO. Especially after OJ went on to write a book basically confessing after years went by of him walking free and then went on to commit another serious crime. I'm not surprised that matching soil wasn't found in her trunk (I doubt she put anything from the crime scene in her trunk after dumping it) or shoes (she could have easily thrown them out or washed them when she was out on bail--they didn't retrieve the shoes until Dec IIRC..to be honest I would have been surprised if they did find dirt on the shoes cause I highly doubt KC would hold onto anything tying her to the scene when she was home and able to destroy it) so I'm not that disappointed or think of this as a "torpedo to the state." I believe they have more information they are holding onto for as long as they can because I believe that's what a smart prosecutor would do--give the defense less time to try to come up with excuses. They have a strong, DP warranting case and don't need to show all the evidence to the public 1+ years before the trial starts IMO.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

CA is desperate. To sit there and claim Caylee talked of Zanny's dog so there must be a Zanny. Not only has she seen everything we have and more but, also the family never really looked for this Zanny or instructed the PI's to.

CA is bare face lying [allegedly] and knows better yet still chooses to pursue this story to save KC.

I could not keep that act up, knowing what everyone knows.

groan.gif

An imaginary nanny with an imaginary white dog.

I didn't notice but did Cindy testify in the depo to finding any dog hairs on Caylee's clothes, blankets, toys, the inflatable mattress, carseat, etc. that don't match up with the Anthony yorkies?

As I recall, there was no damage to the skeletal remains of Caylee whatsoever. That would lead me to believe that any gunshot evidence is coincidental. That area has been tramped over for a long time, so who knows who was shooting in there and how long ago.

It's possible, but that's quite a way, unless the land where she was originally placed sloped to where she was found and the bag washed down there. I thought though that there was evidence she'd been in that spot all the time because of the soil underneath the bag? :waitasec: MOO

Your not going to find much slope in south florida. In Ft, laud, the trash dump is the highest point from West palm to key west.

Did the doc dump today mention the Gatorade bottle? There were water bottles, and all kind's of thing's that should have been tested, but I could not find any thing on it.

Yup .... roots growing through the bones.

I think the SA will have no problem presenting compelling evidence to support the body being dumped in the vicinity the remains were found sometime in June.

As I recall, there was no damage to the skeletal remains of Caylee whatsoever. That would lead me to believe that any gunshot evidence is coincidental. That area has been tramped over for a long time, so who knows who was shooting in there and how long ago.

Wouldn't it be normal to find shotgun casing in a woods full of rattlesnakes?

Wouldn't it be normal to find shotgun casing in a woods full of rattlesnakes?

Yes. The only way that the casing could be of any value to the case is if it can be traced to someone. I do not know if you can get prints from it, maybe they can.

Isn't it possible that the body moved during the flooding?

BOLDED BY BOSTON

Yep....I totally agree! Early on, when the body was found, and some bones were found away from the body...thats what was discussed on here as most likely what happened. Hurricane Fay came thru mid Aug - 19/20th - that area was flooded - the water receeded and things got taken along with it to diff areas. IIRC, neighbors said that area accumulated water often during storms.

Soil samples from over 20 pairs of Casey's shoes cannot be traced to where Caylee was found. Soil in trunk of car and on neighbor's shovel don't match the scene where the remains were found either. Plant material results aren't back yet though.

Nancy asking legal panel if they've seen one case where there was a soil sample match. None have. Gloria Allred: not good for the state, but maybe plant material will match. Soil samples could've changed over time and that could explain why no match.

Leonard: Won't prevent a conviction. Cain was taken to an area about 80 ft. from where the body was found. RK is the one making different statements.
No soil match on KC's shoes could be as simple as CA maybe finding them in the car and cleaning them when she found Caylees' clothes and washed them!

Can someone please start a thread on the bullet? I've thought from day 1, Caylee was shot, but everyone said it wasn't possible and laughed at me for saying this. The medical investigator said she was murdered, cause of death undetermined. All that says to me is that she couldn't positively say she died of a bullet wound, not that she didn't have a bullet wound. Maybe I am way off base, but we have a bullet, and a weapons expert on the prosecution, correct? And we know George had guns. Most dads with guns teach their kids how to use them. Why is this so far-fetched? Oh, I know, mother's only kill in "soft" ways. I don't put anything past this defendant.

Can someone please start a thread on the bullet? I've thought from day 1, Caylee was shot, but everyone said it wasn't possible and laughed at me for saying this. The medical investigator said she was murdered, cause of death undetermined. All that says to me is that she couldn't positively say she died of a bullet wound, not that she didn't have a bullet wound. Maybe I am way off base, but we have a bullet, and a weapons expert on the prosecution, correct? And we know George had guns. Most dads with guns teach their kids how to use them. Why is this so far-fetched? Oh, I know, mother's only kill in "soft" ways. I don't put anything past this defendant.

Well, I don't know about far-fetched, Diane Downs shot her children. :(

Yup .... roots growing through the bones.

I think the SA will have no problem presenting compelling evidence to support the body being dumped in the vicinity the remains were found sometime in June.
Thanks ~ just as I remembered. So the prosecution already has that forensic evidence pointing away from somebody putting her remains there at a later date. I'm not really surprised by the soil not matching the shovel either, since there wasn't any evidence she'd taken it out of her parent's yard. I do wonder what the soil inside the trunk would match ~ maybe the back yard? :waitasec:

No soil match on KC's shoes could be as simple as CA maybe finding them in the car and cleaning them when she found Caylees' clothes and washed them!
A most excellent point ~ and add failing to tell LE they were even in the car to begin with. ;)

I always thought or assumed she'd wear boots anyway. She could have rinsed them off with a garden hose.

I always thought or assumed she'd wear boots anyway. She could have rinsed them off with a garden hose.

Plus, and I hate to be morbid, the person's clothes would have smelled of death.
He/she would have had to get rid of them.:(

There would be no soil on her shoes at all from the crime scene if the bag with the body was thrown into the woods. The soil sample should come back to the A backyard from the shovel and maybe a pair of shoes with soil from the backyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member