2009.06.16 Today's Current News - ***NO DISCUSSIONS HERE PLEASE ***

Video Report of typical day at the jail for Casey, no video of Casey - Caylee Last Seen Alive 1 Year Ago Today
"Snip"
UPDATED: 6:22 pm EDT June 16, 2009
A memorial for Caylee was held Tuesday evening in Blanchard Park in East Orange County.

"I didn't want to do this along Suburban Drive," said Richard Grund, memorial speaker. "I immediately said no that's not how I remember her...swinging, singing."

A Facebook sight dedicated to Caylee's memory has more than 22,000 members. When he saw that number, Grund said he realized Caylee has become a symbol for many all over the world who've felt abused and abandoned. But, he said it's time to move past the obsession over Caylee.

"There are other kids out there," Grund said. "Let's take this focus and share it."

Video: Casey Anthony In Jail http://www.wesh.com/news/19764863/detail.html

Caylee Anthony: Newscasts salute toddler's impact in short life
posted by halboedeker on Jun 16, 2009 5:37:48 PM
<snipped>
Pipitone said that scientists believe decomposition in that trunk took place over two days.

"If Caylee died on this day one year ago, what happened two days later could be key to the case," Pipitone added. Under a timeline approach to the story, Pipitone said he would touch on what happened on June 18 in two days.

Local newscasts highlighted an interview that Brad Conway, attorney for George and Cindy Anthony, gave to ABC's "Good Morning America." Chris Cuomo asked if there could be any suspects other than Casey Anthony, who is charged with her daughter's murder.

Conway said he knew of no theory that puts Casey Anthony above suspicion. But Conway also said: "I think there's reason to believe other people were involved. The question is: What was their involvement? How deep was it?"

Some of Conway's most intriguing observations didn't make it to air but could be found at ABCNews.com.

Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...caylee-anthony-newscasts-salute-toddlers.html

True Crime book about Casey Anthony to be published
June 16, 2009 5:39 PM
<snipped>
Fanning says she knows the title upsets a few people.

"Caylee was mommy's little girl," she said. "Every little two year old girl is mommy's little girl. And that's what makes what happened so horrific."

Fanning says deep within the court documents and articles are the hidden gems that tell the true story.

"I didn't pay for any rights, the publishers didn't," she said. "In a lot of measure I am very much just like any other reporter covering this story. I just have more space."

Though the book will be released in November, Fanning plans to follow the trial and have an updated version in the future. She says she has drawn her own conclusions about the case. She'll share those thoughts in the book's afterward.

Article:
http://wdbo.com/localnews/2009/06/true-crime-book-about-casey-an.html

Judge Seals Casey Anthony Jail Video

Court: Video Of Anthony From Day Remains 'Highly Inflammatory'

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A judge ruled Wednesday that the video of Casey Anthony shot the day she learned a child's remains were found less than a mile from her home be sealed because of the "highly inflammatory" nature of the tape.
The tape was taken at the Orange County Jail on Dec. 11.
"While the court is loathe to shield any public record, an argument can certainly be made that the contents of the video are highly inflammatory," Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland wrote in his ruling.
The ruling went on to say that restricting public access to the video is necessary in order for Anthony to have a fair trial.
"Given the nature and scope of pretrial publicity, it is not unreasonable to assume that many persons in the potential jury pool might view this video and develop a 'hardened' attitude in reference to the defendant's guilt," the order read.
The order went on to say that only a change of venue could conceivably protect Anthony's right to a fair trial if the video were to be released. Anthony's attorneys have filed a motion for a change of venue, but it has not been heard.
Last week, the state released about 1,000 pages in depositions and other evidence in its case against Anthony. However, George and Cindy Anthony succeeded on in the effort to at least temporarily block the release of granddaughter Caylee Anthony's autopsy report.
Strickland is expected to hold a hearing on the matter sometime this week.

http://www.wesh.com/news/19779304/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northgrund
Back