2009.09.03: 2 new Docs Filed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks to me like they're tracking the distribution of this tape from the manufacturer. I think the prosecution is zeroing in on where the tape was purchased in Orlando. I wonder if they will then get the receipts from those stores to see if they can find a purchase on an Anthony cc?:waitasec:

The certification from the company that produces Henkel DUCT TAPE is very interesting. That means the DUCT TAPE is a VERY IMPORTANT part of the State's evidence against KC!!!!!!

The other part of the partial transcript is about the Defense wanting info from Oak Ridge Lab and FBI, and the State does not have the info, and Judge S. has no jurisdiction to make these organizations which are not in Florida do anything, and the Judge told the Defense that they have to ask Oak Ridge and the FBI to see what info they will voluntarily turn over. The Defense just keeps complaining that they are not getting this info that they need. Baden just filed another Motion to Compel this info and stated that they need the Judge or the State to do something to help them get the info.

THANKS MM for getting these docs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The transcript is from the hearing where LKB was asking for bench notes and all sorts of stuff. This relates to the 91 page motion from the defense which I have not had the opportunity to read in depth yet.

I'm supposing, though, that the prosecutors are going to bring up facts from the transcript to continue this particularly thorny issue.

I'm off to read those 91 pages!

In the 91 page Motion, filed August 11, 2009, Linda Kenney Baden says she wrote to the FBI on March 17, 2009 asking the FBI for the evidence. Baden says the FBI does not release evidence directly to the defense, and the prosecution must get the evidence from the FBI. On April 10, 2009 Baden got a FAX from the FBI stating they would treat the defense request for evidence as coming from the State's office, Mr. Ashton and give the evidence to Mr. Ashton, but the FBI never sent it. On July 3, 2009 State Linda Drane Burdick sent email to Baez and Lyon saying that all requests for info from the FBI should go through Burdick and that the FBI is working on the defense's requests for info. Nothing had been received from the FBI at the time of the filing of this 91-page Motion on August 11, 2009.

I think I saw this sign hanging on JB's door!!
0021.gif

Well, most of the hearing is SS reminding them a dozen, or so times, to request what they want FIRST, before complaining and asking for court orders.

And, the defense is responding with a lot of "what ifs."

Happened to stop by the Clerk's office today and found 2 new docs that were filed today.... a little something for ya'll to peruse before the big doc dump! :)

One is certification of some shipping documents from Henkel... interesting.

http://www.filedropper.com/henkeldocscertification

The other is a partial transcript of the court hearing on 3/12/09. Any legal eagles want to comment on this significance of this part of the hearing being transcribed and entered into the court file?

http://www.filedropper.com/partial031209hearingtranscript

THANKS again MM for going to the courthouse and getting these documents for us!!!!!!!!!!
Does anyone know WHO (State or Defense) requested the Court Recorder to transcribe this portion of the Hearing on 3/12/09, and which side filed this transcript with the Court today?
Is the State using this transcript to show the Court that they are trying to be helpful in getting the discovery from the FBI and Oak Ridge? Or, is the Defense using this transcript to show the Court that they still have not received the documents they want from these organizations? Maybe the Defense needed the transcript to send to the FBI lab and Oak Ridge to show that they need the discovery and to show what the Judge has said about this?

MUZIKMAN, WE LOVE YOU!

:woohoo:

I noticed on the Henkel docs that the sales data on the first one stops at 2006, even though it stops showing sales in 2005. I wonder if could indicate that the tape either on Caylee or the gas can was a very specific type that was only sold up until a certain point? Aw! Wouldn't that be great if she used a tape from the house that they picked up in the search warrant and that tape hasn't been on the market for 3 years?

I noticed on the Henkel docs that the sales data on the first one stops at 2006, even though it stops showing sales in 2005. I wonder if could indicate that the tape either on Caylee or the gas can was a very specific type that was only sold up until a certain point? Aw! Wouldn't that be great if she used a tape from the house that they picked up in the search warrant and that tape hasn't been on the market for 3 years?

Check the duct tape thread...I haven't looked at it in a while, but I think we figured this out months ago. :)

I was thinking the exact same thing. It looks like it hasn't even been MANUFACTURED since 2005.

Imagine if George has a few rolls of it lying around, brought down from Ohio (where it may have been more common, since it was manufactured there) and they were able to match up lot numbers???!!!

Tony Pipitone of WKMG did a great report on the 6PM newscast, it's not up on their website yet... worth watching tho. He went out and tried to find some of this exact tape today and could not.

What's also interesting are the places it's NOT sold at - Home Depot, Walmart, Sam's, Costco, Winn Dixie etc... basically the only chains in Orlando that might have stocked it would be Lowes, True Value and Ace Hardware (the last 2 not even having stores close to the Anthony's).

:toastred::U There::winkaway::gold_star::gold_star::gold_star::cheerful::highfive:
Our heartfelt thanks (again!), Musikman.
You da best!:blushing:

Tony Pipitone on WKMG says the duct tape is identical to the duct tape found in the A's home and it is a very rare type with identical markings. He said the odds of another roll of duct tape matching would be 250,000 to 1.

I pray that this particular, rare kind of duct tape retains PRINTS well.:rolleyes:

Tony Pipitone on WKMG says the duct tape is identical to the duct tape found in the A's home and it is a very rare type with identical markings. He said the odds of another roll of duct tape matching would be 250,000 to 1.
Great info and good news! Just one more nail...

MOO

So Muzikman :rocker: ... you walked in today and discovered two docs were released but not reported by the press. The press may not even have them.

Is it possible that other little document "dumplets" have occurred that the press has either ignored or been unaware of? Is there a history on file at the SA office that lists dates and an inventory of all previous "dumplets"? :waitasec:

So Muzikman :rocker: ... you walked in today and discovered two docs were released but not reported by the press. The press may not even have them.

Is it possible that other little document "dumplets" have occurred that the press has either ignored or been unaware of? Is there a history on file at the SA office that lists dates and an inventory of all previous "dumplets"? :waitasec:

"Dumplets" .... I like that. ;)

I just happened to get there before they did (Tony P was actually walking in as I was walking out, and he had them for his 6 PM report).

The media makes regular visits to look at the case file, and I try to do it every so often myself, just to make sure WE don't miss anything here at WS. What the media may not think newsworthy, we will want to pick apart. :)

There are a few discovery items that the SA has not made public yet (my requests are in! :) ) but pretty much everything in the case file at the Clerk's office has been made available, by either the media, me or someone else. Things end up in the case file that are NOT discovery (such as the latest inmate's letter, the coocoo lady from SW Florida, etc).

Basically, the case file in the Clerk's office IS the history of the case, although it doesn't actually contain all of the doc dumps themselves, just the notices of them.

HTH -

DUMPLETS:pI LOVE IT!!! GOOD ONE JWG
JC_gimmefive.gif

I was thinking the exact same thing. It looks like it hasn't even been MANUFACTURED since 2005.

Imagine if George has a few rolls of it lying around, brought down from Ohio (where it may have been more common, since it was manufactured there) and they were able to match up lot numbers???!!!

Tony Pipitone of WKMG did a great report on the 6PM newscast, it's not up on their website yet... worth watching tho. He went out and tried to find some of this exact tape today and could not.

What's also interesting are the places it's NOT sold at - Home Depot, Walmart, Sam's, Costco, Winn Dixie etc... basically the only chains in Orlando that might have stocked it would be Lowes, True Value and Ace Hardware (the last 2 not even having stores close to the Anthony's).

This is such Great news for the State, very rare duct tape used twice (that we know of) by someone from the A house!
Hey Casey...You might want to ask the jailers to crank up that air conditioner 'cause things are getting HOT!!
I'd like to add my thanks to MM for getting his hands on this stuff.;)

State: Duct Tape In Anthony Case 'Rare'
Prosecution Plans To Link Tape Found On Caylee's Body To Gas Can
Tony Pipitone

POSTED: Thursday, September 3, 2009
UPDATED: 7:35 pm EDT September 3, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Duct tape found both on Caylee Anthony’s body and a gas can found in the Anthony family home is a rare, industrial fire-resistant tape, according to a court filing Thursday by the Orange-Osceola State Attorney’s Office.

VIDEO: New Documents

And prosecutors said they intend to use the evidence at trial, where they will claim Casey Anthony murdered her daughter and dumped the body -- the rare duct tape still attached to her skull nearly six months later.

Investigators believe both the gas can and the body were at one time in the trunk of Casey Anthony’s car.

The industrial fire-resistant tape, marketed as “Fire Guard DUCK,” was manufactured by Henkel Consumer Adhesives, of Avon, Ohio.

Snipped from:
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/20713777/detail.html

Well, most of the hearing is SS reminding them a dozen, or so times, to request what they want FIRST, before complaining and asking for court orders.

And, the defense is responding with a lot of "what ifs."

That might be why it was requested. someone might want to underline all that, and send it to the defense. So they would have a CLUE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member